GETTING REAL

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...at the end of the day is to work with the club...the best approach because confidence is gained in any organisation by having constuctive and meaningful relationships.If the Trust conducted itself as some people would like the club would merely find way of leaving me "out of the loop." and rightly so...we have to be careful like many Trusts around the country that we are not merely tolerated.

Time for bed, Barry; you're stringing yourself up here. Your priority, first and foremost, is to represent the everyday fan - that is your role. That's the reason you're in the boardroom and it's what the fans paid a huge sum of money for. Instead it sounds as if your trying to justify your loyalty to the owners, by offering that it's the only way the Trust can function.

To say it would be right for your fellow directors to overlook you, for doing so, is utterly bewildering.

Time for bed, Barry; you're stringing yourself up here. Your priority, first and foremost, is to represent the everyday fan - that is your role. That's the reason you're in the boardroom and it's what the fans paid a huge sum of money for. Instead it sounds as if your trying to justify your loyalty to the owners, by offering that it's the only way the Trust can function.

To say it would be right for your fellow directors to overlook you, for doing so, is utterly bewildering.

I agree totally Stevie...

With respect to TTA yeah they saved us but check the celebration Sunday programme notes and in 2010 we are not in a stronger position as a club. We may well be in a stronger financial position but the clubs in grave danger of losing any identity by moving out of Oldham not to mention the couple of thousand dropped off the gate by the tripe being served up on the pitch.

Having attending the Failsworth meetings and hearing such comments as

TTA are in it for the money & not for the love of the club - Simon Corney

Dave Penney has the same budget as John Sheridan - Simon Corney

Could you answer me this Barry?

As a fan is Penney really doing a good job given his budget? (Ok, Sheridan had 3 years or so, yes he had Lee Hughes largely down to work from yourself) but the stats don't lie. Penney has what a 20 odd % win ratio, we don't score goals, we are scared to death of attacking and loyal fans like myself don't even know the fixtures, nor attend as many games as I used too. So Barry are you really happy he is the right man to take the club forward?

As for TTA - how will they ever recoup monies they invested? They are entitled too if they leave us stable, but will this ground move ever happen without a fight?

Disgruntled of Royton Flats :angry:

Omar, get your cock out of Barry's arse............That is all :blush:

barry,

not sure if you caught my question on the first page a few hours back,so just in case:

are the owners :

1.ACTIVELY seeking other parties for new injections of cash?

2.ACTIVELY seeking the right buyers at the right price?

Johnny

If you were to ask Simon B he would always tell you they would never turn anyone away with cash. However that party would need to show that they have something to offer and it was in the best interests of the club. The owners have ridden some difficult times at the club and will not just let fans down. It is sad that people do not see the commitment they have. They are true fans and wholly committed. What successful business men would carry such loses if they had no interest in football and lets face it they are successful businessmen.

The owners don't activiely seek anyone to sell the club too. In life anything is for sale if people offer enough money.

Hope this helps Johnny. Hope you are keeping well.

Barry

Given that newyorkboss is reading this, I suspect one of a few possible scenarios will play out pretty quickly. One of those scenarios - and probably the least damaging overall - is that Barry will have his conflict of interest resolved for him first thing tomorrow morning.

Do not kid yourself that I attribute any of my comments to you prozac.

I am also not accountable to you.

When you talk about looking nearer to home you need to make sure your own decks are completely clear !!!!!!!!.

Anyway I draw a line under ourt differences which will probably never be resolved given your negative input.

Barry

I am literally bewildered by that reply.

What a shocker.

Ok what shall we positive about?

The three-sided ground?

The avalanche of goals we see every week?

The fourth division squad?

Soon to be sub 3,000 crowds?

Your continuing arrogance and ability to misread any situation...?

I used to be able to find positivity in any situation, Barry we're not idiots we can see the club is falling apart and we want something done about it!

ps the bottom five are becoming marooned, never mind eh we're not bottom at least - that positive enough?

I applauded this reply.

Given that newyorkboss is reading this, I suspect one of a few possible scenarios will play out pretty quickly. One of those scenarios - and probably the least damaging overall - is that Barry will have his conflict of interest resolved for him first thing tomorrow morning.

Garcon

We are all mature people who are not afraid to express views. We don't always do it behind a keyboard. Nothing will need resolving tomorrow morning which might disappoint you. You mis-read the script.

Barry

Garcon

We are all mature people who are not afraid to express views. We don't always do it behind a keyboard. Nothing will need resolving tomorrow morning which might disappoint you. You mis-read the script.

Barry

Fair enough you might not have committed suicide with the TTA... The fans you apparently represent are just thinking Hitler & Bunker...

Garcon

Barry

You need to go Barry. Times up, should have been ages ago.

cheers for the reply..doing fine thanks.

i think the major word in my questions are obviously ACTIVELY.

TTA i assume, cannot/will not provide a budget that can challenge as a football team to get promotion from this bloody awful division.whilst stuck on these types of budgets we won't go anyway-except down.

TTA on record have constantly criticised the public of oldham for not being at games and giving support..but now the hardcore are wandering.

the product on the pitch isn't good enough to entice any type of floating fan...and i don't blame anyone for saying "not going again till it improves".its a vicious circle that can be broken if something is given to the manager to play with...whoever that manager maybe.

if we are dealing with a "cutting your cloth..."scenario,then TBH i fear for the future of oldham athletic.

hence.why i asked...

ACTIVELY seeking new injections of money.

ACTIVELY seeking the right buyers.

you can't buy meat from the butchers if he doesn't have a stall.

When you talk about looking nearer to home you need to make sure your own decks are completely clear !!!!!!!!.

Anyway I draw a line under ourt differences which will probably never be resolved given your negative input.

Barry

I would send this as a PM but feel like others I will get ignored...

Big statement care to expand, publicly or privately I don't care? But be aware I know more about the politics of Oldham Athletic than you give me credit for and have regularly been confided in several teleohone conversations and face to face. I have a photographic memory of who said what when. Could possibly provide dates and times and have text messages saved on my computer. There's more leaks at Boundary Park than in Liza's bucket. Dismiss me at your peril.

You're making things personal, I've criticised your conflicting roles and your professional attitude towards those that put you in position of power I have not made accusations against you privately. Oh and you are accountable to me, as you are to EVERY Latics fan.

The lines of communication between the fan and the board are not much better than they where 20 years ago. Emails has helped.

The fan on the board for me was a huge fantastic gateway / opportunity to crack it all open. Its not worked, maybe it was always going to fail. I wonder how TTA feel about it. Do they think it has worked ?

Garcon

Barry

Ok, we've heard enough from the monkey, let's hear it from the organ grinder.

newyorkboss, your fans representative appears to be laying down an ultimatum from yourselves. Either we're with you all the way or we're against you. I'm still hopeful that he has horribly misrepresented your position, because such an ultimatum will simply turn lots of diehard fans with valid concerns into ex-fans.

Barry

"(And before anyone says it, I have neither the time nor the ambition to be involved in either position all I want are the fans to have a voice, for the divisions between our fans to be resolved and a fans group that speaks for the fans oh and an occasional goal would be nice too..."

Yep, so, so negative...