GETTING REAL

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a quiz question - that's one of the many reasons. I was referring to the question which needs resolving by TTA.

..and I ain't playing games.

You opened the post with "You can't get away from the fact that if enough people turned up and paid their money, the Club would break even and be seen as a good investment prospect."

The watchword is Value , and like it or not - those who have left the stands this season have departed because they aren't getting bang for their buck. It's as simple as that, they're not in the game of squandering cash on sentimentality.

I get the impression that you live in a dreamworld Terry.

Why don't we just scrap it all together?

Because I thought the idea of it was to put teh fans views across to the club

But basically what is happening and has been happening for a long time is the trust side with the owners against the fans

How about we get a real fans group together with some one passionate who represents the clubs views to run it, who will post on here regular and will be regulary available to discuss matters with fans

This is vital especially in the current climate with there being such a division with the fans and the club. Wer only a small club after all and we need to stick together and we have no chance with this current set up

Danny, I appreciate the sentiment, but what you are proposing is that as we need to stick together, we set up an alternative group of "real" fans-surely that is a splitting of fans further?

I think this is one of those occaisons where campaigning from within is appropriate.

Fine, leave the future of the club to others. It is a mistake to think just turning up and paying your money every week ensures safety.

It isnt a mistake its fact anyone can say im not going then moan why we are doing bad what do thay expect we aint no real madrid we count on fans this is what we havnt got look at leeds thay dropped 3 divisions thay didnt lose any fans we drop 3 divs and lose 15k+ fans our fan base is perfetic

Edited by KUNGFOO

You opened the post with "You can't get away from the fact that if enough people turned up and paid their money, the Club would break even and be seen as a good investment prospect."

The watchword is Value , and like it or not - those who have left the stands this season have departed because they aren't getting bang for their buck. It's as simple as that, they're not in the game of squandering cash on sentimentality.

I get the impression that you live in a :censored: dreamworld Terry.

No need for that last sentence Rummy on any level.

Diego can fight his own battles, and happy if you continue the verbal jousting.

But I think it inappropriate and unnecesary.

No need for that last sentence Rummy on any level.

Diego can fight his own battles, and happy if you continue the verbal jousting.

But I think it inappropriate and unnecesary.

There you go. The gun is back in its holster, but the statement remains the same.

they're not in the game of squandering cash on sentimentality.

when did this change?

because, to me that's all supporting OAFC has ever been about.

it never has been and never will be a considered decision like which restaurant to go to or what film to go and watch, where to go on holiday.

the facilities, food, drink etc have always been :censored:.

so has the football & atmosphere give or take the odd season here and there.

there's always been a new/better ground on the cards.

what's become so different for the 20 or 30 who go apopleptic over something or other on here every day?

when did this change?

because, to me that's all supporting OAFC has ever been about.

it never has been and never will be a considered decision like which restaurant to go to or what film to go and watch, where to go on holiday.

the facilities, food, drink etc have always been :censored:.

so has the football & atmosphere give or take the odd season here and there.

there's always been a new/better ground on the cards.

what's become so different for the 20 or 30 who go apopleptic over something or other on here every day?

You make my point. Uncritical feeling for normal ethical and intellectual judgements. The place is more of a :censored:hole than it ever was, and it's clearly only going to get worse until we move. The team are a set of bloody no marks who don't give a stuff. I've never - never - seen a set of players with zero heart in their performance like the bunch of idiots we have pulling a wage now. Hopes raised and dashed with every "new ground proposal" - how many posted last night that "I've been goin for x amount of years and this season I've only been to a handful (or a low amount) of games this season", or what about the season ticket sales drop-off. People un-subscribing from the multimedia packages that the Latics have on offer.

It's lack of value. This season more than ever.

I get the impression that you search through every one of my posts looking for hidden meanings.

My point was that TTA need to tackle the question of why not enough people turn up and pay their money to make the Club break even.

How am I dismissing stayaways? If people didn't stay away the Club would break even - that's a fact not a criticism. Why they stay away is what needs to be addressed. I don't see how that becomes contentious.

Was the aim of 8 / 9,000 in League One realistic ? Certainly was not in my opinion... So to bang on about it just seems a tad silly. You talk as if people like me are directly responsible for the clubs down fall. I would suggest people like me are at the end of a VERY long list. I would first look at the leadership of the club over the past 50 or so years as a starting point.

That is how your opinion is coming across anyway...

Edited by oafc0000

Was the aim of 8 / 9,000 in League One realistic ? Certainly was not in my opinion... So to bang on about it just seems a tad silly. You talk as if people like me are directly responsible for the clubs down fall. I would suggest people like me are at the end of a VERY long list. I would first look at the leadership of the club over the past 50 or so years as a starting point.

That is how your opinion is coming across anyway...

What may seem a tad silly to you is a reminder of the target aimed at by TTA to stop them dipping into their own pockets. Although revised downwards after making cuts in expenditure, the target has still not been reached, so they need to address the question why? Though I don't think they'll be looking at the leadership of the Club over the past 50 or so years.

What may seem a tad silly to you is a reminder of the target aimed at by TTA to stop them dipping into their own pockets. Although revised downwards after making cuts in expenditure, the target has still not been reached, so they need to address the question why? Though I don't think they'll be looking at the leadership of the Club over the past 50 or so years.

Ah whatever... I refer you back to rummy...

How am I dismissing stayaways? If people didn't stay away the Club would break even - that's a fact not a criticism. Why they stay away is what needs to be addressed. I don't see how that becomes contentious.

im staying away because i dont feel its value for money anymore....i dont feel any kind of affinity to the manager his backroom staff and the majority of players we have

i am sick and tired of getting off me backside paying decent money to watch journey men and useless players simply go through the motions and not put in 100% effort every game

im sick and tired of going into the stands and having to be selective as to where i sit because the majority of seats are covered in bird shyte....the pies and other food is grossly over priced and runs out before half time

the programme doesnt mean anything anymore and is pricing itself out i havent bought one in maybe 10 or so years now.

the toilets are disgusting and the other facilities in the stands not much better

on a saturday now i can take my two children to the pictures watch a decent film in nice comfy surroundings get drinks and sweets or food and still have change from £20,and enjoy myself more

i fully appreciate everything the owners have done since arriving and will always be grateful to them for getting us out of the :censored:....but 7 years down the line i cant really bring myself to say hey,at least i still have a club to support....

7 years down the line we may be in a better position financially,but as a club and team in general we arent any further forward,that is the most frustrating thing...and i simply wont just turn up and blindly pay my hard earned cash anymore and get nothing back in return..

back the manager with cold hard cash and take the hit for 18 months and achieve promotion and they will reap the rewards far more than telling us its failsworth or bust.

Sorry Diego but he is right. You question nothing and pay your £20. We all did that once and it lead to Moores. Current situation is not rosey either but this time I won't sit back and throw good money after bad.

How do you know I don't question anything? You don't know the first thing about me.

My consistent line on here has been to prefer to stay at BP and, in the case of the latest stadium proposal, to wait for the draft plan to be unveiled, to find out how the Club is to be made self-sufficient.

You seem to confuse patience with apathy.