GETTING REAL

isn't that a bit rude? I know you probably are much more aware of Diego sideburns but I'd hope everybody's views and personalities got respect.

No offence oafc 0000

I refereed him back to Rummy... I doubt me and Diego will ever see eye to eye... Better to accept that before we do start getting rude...

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know I don't question anything? You don't know the first thing about me.

I am referring to your alter ego "Diego_Sideburns" who posts on here and what you post on here... What you choose to do outside of these boards is anyones guess.

My consistent line on here has been to prefer to stay at BP and, in the case of the latest stadium proposal, to wait for the draft plan to be unveiled, to find out how the Club is to be made self-sufficient.

You seem to confuse patience with apathy.

Wait and see.... Meanwhile...there goes another stand ?

It was the "whatever" I thought rude. I don't think you would like to be spoken to like that.

Well Diego is a big boy... We also have a team of mods who can take issue with how I "perform" on the site so please focus your attention on giving your opinion on the OP...

You are also free to us the report facility...

Edited by oafc0000

You have also said you are waiting for the draft plan before finally making your mind up. What's your problem with me saying it?

You told us to wait for the plans in January... I think it is safe to say January will pass with no plans...

I now say, time up gov, put up.... What do you say ? Keep waiting ?

Well Diego is a big boy... We also have a team of mods who can take issue with how I "perform" on the site so please focus your attention on giving your opinion on the OP...

You are also free to us the report facility...

I don't want to report anybody. You post a lot and I'll never match that . Your opinions are obviously read a lot and I'm sure respected. I just thought that it wasn't necessary to be rude.

You told us to wait for the plans in January... I think it is safe to say January will pass with no plans...

I now say, time up gov, put up.... What do you say ? Keep waiting ?

I didn't tell you to do anything. I pointed out that the Club told us it expected the draft plan to be available by the end of January.

I want to see the draft plan. If it is not unveiled in January then I'll have to wait. What's the alternative? What do you mean by "time up gov, put up..."?

I don't want to report anybody. You post a lot and I'll never match that . Your opinions are obviously read a lot and I'm sure respected. I just thought that it wasn't necessary to be rude.

If you think "Whatever" is rude... You are going to have a lot to question... I suggest you chat to the mods next time as this sort Quid pro quo ruins threads and distracts from the main conversation. Now back on topic or I will report you. It's down to the mods to police and not yourself.

Edited by oafc0000

If you think "Whatever" is rude... You are going to have a lot to question... I suggest you chat to the mods next time as this sort Quid pro quo ruins threads and distracts from the main conversation. Now back on topic or I will report you.

But if you talk about it isn't that not on topic either? you do confuse me at times! Or are you teasing me?

But I'll not say another word on rudeness on this topic line.

I didn't tell you to do anything. I pointed out that the Club told us it expected the draft plan to be available by the end of January.

I want to see the draft plan. If it is not unveiled in January then I'll have to wait. What's the alternative? What do you mean by "time up gov, put up..."?

I am not prepared to have the same arguments over and over again. What I will say is that you questioned what I meant when I suggested some fans who pay to come to the game and operate a wait and see attitude forever and a day aren't really the answer. The bold bit should help you out on what I was getting at.

Edited by oafc0000

How do you know I don't question anything? You don't know the first thing about me.

My consistent line on here has been to prefer to stay at BP and, in the case of the latest stadium proposal, to wait for the draft plan to be unveiled, to find out how the Club is to be made self-sufficient.

You seem to confuse patience with apathy.

I don't share your extent of patience, but I respect your position.

As 0000's himself pointed out last night, sometimes it's worth reminding ourselves of the common factor that brings us together (even if that is on the wane for some of us) rather than concentrating on divisive opinions. However opposite those opinions seem to be, they all come from a standpoint of wanting the best for the club.

I am not prepared to have the same arguments over and over again. What I will say is that you questioned what I meant when I suggested some fans who pay to come to the game and operate a wait and see attitude forever and a day aren't really the answer. The bold bit should help you out on what I was getting at.

So have I got this right? We are both waiting to see the draft plan before finalising our views on the proposal. I'm being more patient about the wait than yourself.

Read your post on here about "GETTING REAL" - well I'm one of the stay aways who was shot down on here too, towards the end of last season I said I was never going again, paying £20 for such poor quality entertainment. It seems that many more have decided to follow.

If anyone needs to GET REAL it's YOU!

The TTA did save the club and we are forever grateful, but in the last 7 years where have we progressed to? We are in the same league, same position and the same poor quality on the pitch...now the ground is depressing, catering is appauling in comparison to other clubs and the atmosphere has completely vanished.

The Real fans are not just the 3500 that are still continuing to attend (to which I applaud!) but there are thousands more that simply refuse to go and pay for the same old rubbish. :ranting:

Times have changed and football clubs can't continue to survive off the loyal fans but they have to invest on the team. Its the same with anything, if the product is good then people will buy!

My last game was Stockport on the opening day of the season...last season I finished work early at 2.30 on a Saturday, missing out on pay, then paying an another £20 for my ticket then whatever I spent in the ground...this season... just not worth it anymore! Increased my Sky Sports subscription and got ESPN instead!

I know the money just isn't there but I'm not returning until the what's on the pitch is worth my crisp £20 note! I've already thrown enough money down the drain.

That's GETTING REAL !

:grin:

i think what diego is trying to say is...the club have said by the end of january there should be some plans to look at....fine

it is the 27th today so there is still time for the club to issue these plans or drawings for fans to see....

but if they dont there is little he can do about it.

so what would you suggest he does if these plans are not issued on time...boycott games in protest or something similar????

anybody who has ever had dealings with a planning department will tell you it never runs smoothly no matter how big or small the application

So have I got this right? We are both waiting to see the draft plan before finalising our views on the proposal. I'm being more patient about the wait than yourself.

Not completely... I see this as yet another broken promise coupled with something of a rant from the club aimed at a lot of lapsed fans... Instead of a wait and see... Its a I ain't for it until you sell it to me... I have hardened my stance over the last 24 hours... My gut feel is it stinks and is not right for us and that is the line I will hold until shown otherwise.

This is presuming the big announcement is not going to come out of left field with no fan far in the morning and they actually live up to something...

Edited by oafc0000

so what would you suggest he does if these plans are not issued on time...boycott games in protest or something similar????

I honestly do not know what he should do. I would suggest to shrug the shoulder and go oh well achieves nothing. Asking someone in charge where are the promised plans would be a start.

anybody who has ever had dealings with a planning department will tell you it never runs smoothly no matter how big or small the application

We are not at that stage yet... No plans have been submitted.

I honestly do not know what he should do. I would suggest to shrug the shoulder and go oh well achieves nothing. Asking someone in charge where are the promised plans would be a start.

We are not at that stage yet... No plans have been submitted.

Question, do believe it would be wise for the club to release plans before the charity commission have got back to the Council as regards the status of the park land?

Question, do believe it would be wise for the club to release plans before the charity commission have got back to the Council as regards the status of the park land?

In answer to you'r question I believe it would be wise for the club to give us some information on the current state of play and revised time scale if that does not involve the plans.

Edited by oafc0000

I don't share your extent of patience, but I respect your position.

As 0000's himself pointed out last night, sometimes it's worth reminding ourselves of the common factor that brings us together (even if that is on the wane for some of us) rather than concentrating on divisive opinions. However opposite those opinions seem to be, they all come from a standpoint of wanting the best for the club.

I could share Diego's patience if there was any likelihood that the plans would make me believe that the move was in the club's best interests.

Unfortunately though, nothing TTA might unveil will convince me that moving to Failsworth is the right way forward. Even so, they'd have a hard time convincing me that that's their primary focus, rather than recouping some of their spends.

Not completely... I see this as yet another broken promise coupled with something of a rant from the club aimed at a lot of lapsed fans... Instead of a wait and see... Its a I ain't for it until you sell it to me... I have hardened my stance over the last 24 hours... My gut feel is it stinks and is not right for us and that is the line I will hold until shown otherwise.

This is presuming the big announcement is not going to come out of left field with no fan far in the morning and they actually live up to something...

So my summary of our views would have been correct this time yesterday and we may think the same way this time tomorrow, but today you have taken your ball home, thanks to Barry.

Barry, it would have been easier for you and TTA to gauge the majority of OWTB members' feelings about TTA from these threads rather than stir up a hornets’ nest, which may well prove to be counter-productive:

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25648&hl=Poll

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26716&hl=Poll

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=27752