Super League XV

Forgot to post this up, outstanding game at Odsal yesterday - once Wigoon had the ball near the end it should've been up the jumper time. Great try from Glenn Hall.

Carlsberg don't do Goons defeats....

Said the other week that Wire would have hammered them if Briers had stayed on the field. They got out of jail, their defence is poor imo - going forward they look better than they have done for years.

Can't wait for Good Friday as our defence is far from magnificent at the moment so it could go either way. I went to the Wakey clash last week we were in trouble until KC and big Maurie came on, then we had one of our purple patches and nicked it - deservedly imo and i'm much more confident with young Jonny wide than Ade 'Teflon' Gardner. Even Pryce played well in patches. Young Kyle is going to be a big, big star. Some are still mourning the loss of Super Sean but Kyle is learning all the time and taking us round the field far better than we have been doing for a couple years. AND he can kick!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said the other week that Wire would have hammered them if Briers had stayed on the field. They got out of jail, their defence is poor imo - going forward they look better than they have done for years.

Can't wait for Good Friday as our defence is far from magnificent at the moment so it could go either way. I went to the Wakey clash last week we were in trouble until KC and big Maurie came on, then we had one of our purple patches and nicked it - deservedly imo and i'm much more confident with young Jonny wide than Ade 'Teflon' Gardner. Even Pryce played well in patches. Young Kyle is going to be a big, big star. Some are still mourning the loss of Super Sean but Kyle is learning all the time and taking us round the field far better than we have been doing for a couple years. AND he can kick!

Yet another absolute classic from the superleague. Why Rugby League isn't the biggest spectator sport in the world I'll never know. Easily the most entertaining game there is.

Hull KR 28 Saints 24 - Saints lose to a late, late try and pick two more injuries up in the process.

Fookin' Boo! :ranting:

How the f**k did Saints end up needing a drop goal to hang on for the win last night? Crusaders were awful, the commentator on Radio Merseyside described their first half performance as "a suicide pact with 13 players". Considering Potter's such a defensive coach, their defence has been awful this season.

• 2 weeks later...
All is well in the world tonight.

St Helens 28-18 Warrington

Leeds 10-17 Hull KR

Good game at the Gay Farm this afternoon Hudds 6 Saints 24, bit of a ropey spell either side of HT which coincided with Jammer being off the field once he returned he scored the all important third try. His break that set Meli's second try up has to be seen to believed.

Good game at the Gay Farm this afternoon Hudds 6 Saints 24, bit of a ropey spell either side of HT which coincided with Jammer being off the field once he returned he scored the all important third try. His break that set Meli's second try up has to be seen to believed.

Leeds 20 Bradford, great game strewn with errors but just added to the excitement! Tomorrow should be a couple of crackers, especially Saints/Goons which is too close to call imo but I reckon given both defences have had their off days already this year i'm going for a high scoring game.

Bugger. :( Didn't go but sounded like Saints lost it in the first half, too many stupid mistakes, no confidence, no game plan. (Sound familiar?) Good fight back in the second half but it was too little too late. On the positive side it sounded like Eastmond played well again, and the scoreline could have been much worse if it hadn't been for Gardner (which i'm sure you'll be happy to give him credit for, as one of his biggest fans, prozac :wink: ).

Bugger. :( Didn't go but sounded like Saints lost it in the first half, too many stupid mistakes, no confidence, no game plan. (Sound familiar?) Good fight back in the second half but it was too little too late. On the positive side it sounded like Eastmond played well again, and the scoreline could have been much worse if it hadn't been for Gardner (which i'm sure you'll be happy to give him credit for, as one of his biggest fans, prozac :wink: ).

Gardner did ok, no one had a 'mare except an over officious ref out of his depth ref that couldn't find his arse with both hands. Wigan have added a steely resolve and defended superbly but if if the pass to Meli hadn't been forward I'm sure we would have won that. Well done wigan though they just about shaded it after defending stoutly for 40 minutes. Saints need some creativity in the middle, Kyle's doing superbly but having to play Leon at fullback is far from ideal.

Picyures at halftime spoke a thousand words. Cameras in the dressing rooms, Maguire's team 14-0 up but he's ranting and raving - Potter is stood there expressionless whilst the team discuss the game amongst themselves!

How have I managed to support two teams with two such passionless pricks in charge?

Edited by oafcprozac

Picyures at halftime spoke a thousand words. Cameras in the dressing rooms, Maguire's team 14-0 up but he's ranting and raving - Potter is stood there expressionless whilst the team discuss the game amongst themselves!

How have I managed to support two teams with two such passionless pricks in charge?

This is what pisses me off. The Saints board have sacked far better managers than Brian because they didn't like their attitude or because of off-the-field stuff. Apparently they'd rather have a dull, inept manager who keeps his nose clean. Personally i wouldn't care if the manager snorted coke and f**ked goats if he instilled some confidence and fight into the team and got them playing attacking rugby.

• 2 weeks later...
This is what pisses me off. The Saints board have sacked far better managers than Brian because they didn't like their attitude or because of off-the-field stuff. Apparently they'd rather have a dull, inept manager who keeps his nose clean. Personally i wouldn't care if the manager snorted coke and f**ked goats if he instilled some confidence and fight into the team and got them playing attacking rugby.

Another good win for the Roughyeds down in South Wales today. Great start to the season.

• 2 weeks later...

What the f**k has happened to Leeds this year? Same squad, same captain, same manager, so how have they gone from deserved champions (although in the event it was by an offside try but that's by the by) to utter crap in such a short space of time? Only saw the second half (and i did pretty well to get back to St Helens on public transport from our game in time for the second half), but they looked dreadful from what i saw, and my brother-in-law who was at the game said they were probably the worst team he's seen at Knowsley Road this season. Oh well, at least it'll make for a change in the Grand Final this year.

i know i've said it many times before but my God what a little diamond Kyle Eastmond's turning out to be. Carrying an injury and far from his best at the moment but he was still one of the stand-out players tonight.Great game for Flannery as well - doesn't do anything spectacular and doesn't get the attention, but quietly did a lot of the hard work tonight, again.

What the f**k has happened to Leeds this year? Same squad, same captain, same manager, so how have they gone from deserved champions (although in the event it was by an offside try but that's by the by) to utter crap in such a short space of time? Only saw the second half (and i did pretty well to get back to St Helens on public transport from our game in time for the second half), but they looked dreadful from what i saw, and my brother-in-law who was at the game said they were probably the worst team he's seen at Knowsley Road this season. Oh well, at least it'll make for a change in the Grand Final this year.

i know i've said it many times before but my God what a little diamond Kyle Eastmond's turning out to be. Carrying an injury and far from his best at the moment but he was still one of the stand-out players tonight.Great game for Flannery as well - doesn't do anything spectacular and doesn't get the attention, but quietly did a lot of the hard work tonight, again.

Leeds looked poor last night for long spells but they also looked good in parts too. They've had a terrible time with injuries and will be there or thereabouts come October. The speedy James Graham said as much in his post-match interview. Saints looked good and with WIgan falling down to earth it's anyone's call this year.

On a separate note the Roughyeds (who crushed Gateshead 64-10 on Saturday night) are looking for volunteers to help spruce up the Whitebank: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new...ift_at_new_home

Leeds looked poor last night for long spells but they also looked good in parts too. They've had a terrible time with injuries and will be there or thereabouts come October. The speedy James Graham said as much in his post-match interview. Saints looked good and with WIgan falling down to earth it's anyone's call this year.

On a separate note the Roughyeds (who crushed Gateshead 64-10 on Saturday night) are looking for volunteers to help spruce up the Whitebank: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new...ift_at_new_home

Leeds have had a real injury crisis so far this season.

I thought Saturday was going to be a belter but instead it was spoilt by the Ref wanting to be centre stage again. I also struggle to understand the James Graham love in with the sky sports pundits.

How he got man on the match I'll never know. Peacock had a quiet game and still did more work than him.

Graham 131 Metres from 21 Carries - 25 tackles

Peacock 124 Metres from 18 Carries - 30 tackles

If anyone deserved man of the match it was James Roby who turned the game completely when he came on.

Either that or the ref for constantly taking centre stage. Us neutrals want to watch rugby not penalties galore, if I wanted that I'd take up Rugby Union.

Saints were an absolute joy to watch yesterday,it was embarrassingly one-sided. Looked like every single player was going to get on the scoresheet. Ironic that Pryce didn't, given how well he played - pity he doesn't play like that every week, maybe he should break his toe more often.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh well. Only another 5 months of this dross to put up with.

I watched the Saints game on the tele. Salford were really good and really up for it. Almost ended up losing on the back of some terrible reffing decisions.

I Wigan would have lost it would have made it a hell of a lot tighter at the top. With Leeds beating Warrington and Saints losing> it looks like there could be four (maybe five) teams that can win it this year.

Prozac, will you accept now that Gardner is neither pisspoor nor a liability?

Nope, offensively he can be very god but his good days are well behind him imo. His frailties are all to see when the opposition target him with kicks. How many tries has he cost us in the last season and a half - too many to count.

BUT credit where it is due he did very well the other night.

Nope, offensively he can be very god but his good days are well behind him imo. His frailties are all to see when the opposition target him with kicks. How many tries has he cost us in the last season and a half - too many to count.

BUT credit where it is due he did very well the other night.

Of course, with grim inevitability, as soon as he's starting to hit his best form he's picked up a rib injury that's gonna keep him out for at least a month. Again. :(

Of course, with grim inevitability, as soon as he's starting to hit his best form he's picked up a rib injury that's gonna keep him out for at least a month. Again. :(

And denying him the chance to put his former club to the sword...

• 3 weeks later...