Latics vs Brentford Roll-call

Well I have backed Brentford to win at the bookies, thinking if we win im happy so not arsed at losing a few quid, if we lose im happy cos im quids in.........

So if sods law is anything to go by its got 0-0 written all over it

I put two quid on Abbott to score and us to win 1 nil. £40 back if so. unlikely but worth £2

One of the inevitabilities of being a football fan is that, from time to time, your team will be poor.

Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City have all been in lower leagues in my life time. Latics have played in all 4 divisions in the same period.

Sometimes your team is good. Sometimes it's :censored:e. With Latics, they have often been somewhere in the middle.

To experience and appreciate the highs (Premiership years, FA Cup giant killing, League Cup finals, winning at Elland Road) you need to understand the lows.

For many, the current state of affairs at BP is a major low.

But seeing a team on a low gradually improve, start to get it together, push a top team close, pick up wins where they would previously have drawn and grab a draw in an away game where defeat had looked on the cards for 90 minutes - well, it's one of the great rewards of being a football fan.

I don't know when that improvement will come. Perhaps the last 15 minutes at Hartlepool or the first 45 minutes against Millwall were the signs that it's close. But it will come. Sooner or later. One way or the other.

Being there to see it start and see it deveop is a fantastic feeling. So don't stay at home and miss it. Get down to BP today and cheer the team on. Even if it's not in your instinct, be a happy clapper this time - get behind the team with genuine enthusiasm.

If my boss is enthusiastic about my work, I do it better. If fans are enthusiastic about their team, their team will give that little bit more - it's human nature.

Kick off is 3pm. Get there. You might just enjoy it.

Edited by opinions4u

7.30 am and im up on a saturday, i cant lie in bed knowing today is a massive fixture, as is Tuesday, as is next Saturday....this beats languishing in mid table with nowt to play for.....this is exciting and i love it (providing we stay up). im going with the same old crew....we go every home game and over 50% of away games, and ok we moan like f**k in the car/train/coach going home...but do you know summat...none of us has ever mentioned not attending. God bless you Lags, Eddie and Deano....and we even have 4 more regulars in attendence now....Jez, Daron, Chaddy and Ryan....Keep the faith guys....good things come to those who wait!

I'm going and putting on a bet, latics 3-0 win.

It's Oldham...expect the unexpected!

"I have no intention of going...., I was planning a pub crawl round Didsbury..."

Then Saturday morning dawns and I think feck it, despite all the :censored: that's been flying around I'm a blue, always have been and always will be. It's no worse really than it was under Stitch in his first season and if I didn't go because we were crap, I wouldn't have gone to over 700 games over the years and on reflection the first-half wasn't that bad last week, we just need to grow a pair when we go a goal down!

:chaddy::OWTB1::bluearmy:

Manky 1-0 win today, who for? That's the beauty of it, innit! :grin:

Then Saturday morning dawns and I think feck it, despite all the :censored: that's been flying around I'm a blue, always have been and always will be. It's no worse really than it was under Stitch in his first season and if I didn't go because we were crap, I wouldn't have gone to over 700 games over the years and on reflection the first-half wasn't that bad last week, we just need to grow a pair when we go a goal down!

Yay!

Punish some mates and bring them too!

7.30 am and im up on a saturday, i cant lie in bed knowing today is a massive fixture, as is Tuesday, as is next Saturday....this beats languishing in mid table with nowt to play for.....this is exciting and i love it (providing we stay up). im going with the same old crew....we go every home game and over 50% of away games, and ok we moan like f**k in the car/train/coach going home...but do you know summat...none of us has ever mentioned not attending. God bless you Lags, Eddie and Deano....and we even have 4 more regulars in attendence now....Jez, Daron, Chaddy and Ryan....Keep the faith guys....good things come to those who wait!

In a peverse way I agree Jacko, promotion or relegation battles are always far more exciting!