Game off!

The frost covers are a pile of toss and arent effective, thats why there was frost on the pitch.

You can get heated cover, a bit like gigantic electric blanket. If we had just used that on the coldest part of the pitch (under the main stand), with a thermostat set to flick on the heating elements at minus 2 or whatever, then it wouldn't have been a problem. If the cluib is so short of money to invest in something that will repay many times over, I suggest we start a fundrasing campaign!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK smart-arse, if you'd bothered to read the previous 6 pages you'd have noticed a lot of two or three people are suggesting the club didn't do enough to get the game on, or dropped a bollock with their preparations.

I'm hoping to find out that this really was out of the club's control.

I have an idea, why not next time we have a game coming up whilst the temprature is expected to be below freezing, we get all the moaning sods who post on here, to line up both sides of the pitch, and spout all the hot air that never seems to stop pouring from their mouths, then chances are the pitch would be lovely and soft, and perfectly playable. Bloody hell some times things just HAPPEN, like fog, frost, snow,earthquakes, hurricanes, can some of you people not just LIVE with it, and move on.

You can get heated cover, a bit like gigantic electric blanket. If we had just used that on the coldest part of the pitch (under the main stand), with a thermostat set to flick on the heating elements at minus 2 or whatever, then it wouldn't have been a problem. If the cluib is so short of money to invest in something that will repay many times over, I suggest we start a fundrasing campaign!

B&Q sold out at 9am apparently alex fergie bought them for his garden.

OK smart-arse, if you'd bothered to read the previous 6 pages you'd have noticed a lot of people are suggesting the club didn't do enough to get the game on, or dropped a bollock with their preparations.

I'm hoping to find out that this really was out of the club's control.

From Brentford's Beesotted fan's forum

'Today's game with Oldham has been postponed following a pitch inspection this lunchtime.

The match referee deemed some areas of the pitch unplayable after Oldham forgot to turn on their radiators last night.'

:grin:

How much do those things cost to buy and what are the costs to run them overnight?

why don't the club get penney to thaw out the pitch as he is full of hot air

i think he is secretly visiting the ground on friday nights on the pretext of doing some work in his office .

then getting his ice making blower machine out and putting it under the covers in front of the main stand.

this way the game is called off and if we dont play, then we cant get beat.

therefore he keeps his job longer. :grin: simples.

Given the club's announcements generally had a "nothing to worry about, it'll be on" feel to them, perhaps we did have a fusspot ref.

At 10:15am when buying tickets for Stockport and Tranmere "nothing to worry about" was still the official line and the Brentford kit man was already in BP doing his job.

The ref's decision has resulted in another pie-mountain uneaten and progamme-pile unsold. It never rains but it pours! :disappointed: