Rob Purdie

Do we as a club pay his wages during the time he is injured or would they normally be covered by insurance????

i would hope they were covered by insurance,seems pointless paying out wages to players not even playing or having not played the first 12 months of his contract

i would hope they were covered by insurance,seems pointless paying out wages to players not even playing or having not played the first 12 months of his contract

Wish I had had a bet at beg of November, when it was blatently obvious he would not play this season.Sounds a bit like Swailes

In what way is Purdie's situation like that of Swailes? I can't think of a single similarity.

When Swailes recovered from his injury and played we was pretty good. During the time he was fit I think we won about once but it was not for the want of him. If Purdie plays as well as Swailes did after his injury it would be a good thing.

Crikey..HARSH in the extreme. Hope your employers are as understanding.

The lad has never been out long with an injury was first to turn up for pre season and very unlucky...it can happen to anyone....

How badly is he injured? I see him nearly every day in the gym doing weights and running on the treadmill, I even saw him trying some stupid tricep excercise the other week that nearly broke his wrists, I said to him, you might as well break your wrist and have the rest of the year off!

How badly is he injured? I see him nearly every day in the gym doing weights and running on the treadmill, I even saw him trying some stupid tricep excercise the other week that nearly broke his wrists, I said to him, you might as well break your wrist and have the rest of the year off!

Looks like he's taken you up on the offer Andy. Also I wouldn't have thought the insurance pays an injured players wages rather makes a payment if the player as to retire through injury.

Like the rest of us if you're working for an employer under a contract of service (even if you've only just started), you're entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) if the following apply:

- you're sick for at least four days in a row (including weekends and bank holidays and days that you do not normally work)

- you're earning at least £95 a week

My inside contacts inform me that Purdie is on a 2 year contract of £85/wk and therefore entitled to SSP of £79.15/wk.

Like the rest of us if you're working for an employer under a contract of service (even if you've only just started), you're entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) if the following apply:

- you're sick for at least four days in a row (including weekends and bank holidays and days that you do not normally work)

- you're earning at least £95 a week

My inside contacts inform me that Purdie is on a 2 year contract of £85/wk and therefore entitled to SSP of £79.15/wk.

Not worth 85p a week.

Who does the medicals at this club

Abbott injury prone

Worthington, Holdsworth, Purdie all long term crocks, all DP purchases!

:ranting:

How are you so sure they were all pre-existing medical problems?

To be fair, Abbott's career could be defined as a pre-esisting medical problem! However, I'd suspect he wouldnt be playing for us if it wasnt.

At this level its all about taking gambles on players - form, fitness, desire etc. Unfortunately for DP he has got a hell of a lot more than he has got right so far...