Polls on new stadium

The new stadium:  

237 members have voted

1. 1. The new plans for the stadium

• Like the look
    • Don't like the look
    • I'd like some refinement
  2. 2. Overall, what do you think of the plans of the deveolpment as a whole.. so far

• Happy with the plans overall
    • Unhappy with the plans
    • Unsure, want to see more detail
  3. 3. Having seen the plans

• Always supported the move, and still support the move
    • Always supported the move, but now don't support the move now
    • Have you always opposed the move, and still oppose the move
    • Have you always opposed the move, but are more supportive/support the move now
    • Not previosuly commited about the move, and still need more detail to decide
  4. 4. Do you trust the TTA to deliver the plans?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure/Maybe

I had to..!

Obviously it is going to be interesting to if the plans have gained support.

In doing the poll, I realised it was going to be tricky to split support for the phase 2 with 16,000 seats with horseshoe shape and the Phase 1 plans for with 12,000 seats and no ends filled in.

Lets be honest we all want the ends filled in.

So for the poll, lets assume the TTA can get the finances for the ends to be filled in as AH has already said some people are intersted.

Edited by singe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must not be forgoteen that the ability of TTA to deliver the plans is still partially dependant on the Council.

I like the plans, or at least the artist's impressions currently on show. I just wish that main stand was being built on the Broadway side of Boundary Park.

I had to..!

Obviosuly it is going to be interesting if the plans have gained support.

I know it is tricky to split support for the 12,00 no ends filled in, lets be honest well want the ends filled in.

So lets assume the TTA can get the finances for the ends to be filled in

How about an option to say that we hate having to leave BP, or go to Failsworth, that nothing about OAFC at the moment is how we would choose it to be, but this is what we've got for the future of the club, so we go with it, or we die?

Or is that a tad long for a poll option?

the question mainly is, would latics fans prefer to watch poor football in a terrible stadium or move to failsworth and start a new begining ?

Very Derren Brown-esque.

You're suggesting that moving to Failsworth is a guarantee that we'll become good.

How about an option to say that we hate having to leave BP, or go to Failsworth, that nothing about OAFC at the moment is how we would choose it to be, but this is what we've got for the future of the club, so we go with it, or we die?

Or is that a tad long for a poll option?

That's why I got to the questions I did!

I think it is a given that everyone would prefer we stay. That would be 100%. Even the most ardent anti-Failsworthonianites would concede that we don't have any other options as far as we can see on the horizon.

Anyone who things that we can still afford to develop BP has their head in the sand.

Interesting how the results of the polls so far indicate a very favourable response to the whole thing. Looks like there is a silent majority who read this board and contribute to polls but are not as "vocal" on the board in their support of the plans as those who view the plans negatively.

Does the lack of a tram bother anyone?

£500k for the stop is a not starter, obviously, but does that affect anything?

I suppose it might affect the attendances, but you would hope not too much.

I wonder if the club will consider laying on transport a la Charlton.

They lay on a coach deep into Kent in the Medway Towns, not sure where else bet defaintely there.

Edited by singe

Does the lack of a tram bother anyone?

£500k for the stop is a not starter, obviously, but does that affect anything?

I suppose it might affect the attendances, but you would hope not too much.

I wonder if the club will consider laying on transport a la Charlton.

They lay on a coach deep into Kent in the Medway Towns, not sure where else bet defaintely there.

A purpose built stop is ideal, but the other two remain a 5 minute walk, tops.

Ackey

Less than scientific, but a good indicator.

If a newsagent will tell you, ask how many Chrons and how many Manc Evening News they sell

That should give an indication of what allegienace they feel.

Very Derren Brown-esque.

You're suggesting that moving to Failsworth is a guarantee that we'll become good.

No, but it give's the club a fighting chance at survival.

If it has a positive effect on attendance and finances, then maybe we can cobble a decent team together in the not too distant future.

It's called 'Synergy' and I think it's our only available option.

Ackey

If a newsagent will tell you, ask how many Chrons and how many Manc Evening News they sell

That tells you nowt. They are both crap but the M.E.N. is better crap, given a choice most people would rather read the M.E.N.

Ackey

By that token it's very much Oldham, as the most predominant newspaper in the area is the Oldham Advertiser.

5 minutes from Dean Lane to the [new] ground. Who are you, the Terminator?

If they were to build a footpath, entirely feasible, between Dean Street and Broadway and then incorporate a pelican crossing into the proposed right-lane filter then you're looking at 5-6 minutes at a brisk walk (admittedly I do walk quickly) or 10 minutes at a steady pace.

Either way a very acceptable distance. Comparable to the distance I walked from the bus stop to BP many, many times coming up from Manchester.

And assuming the 81/82/24 are still running the same route,they stop practically outside. It'll be a fair bit easier to get to on public transport than BP for a lot of people.

That tells you nowt. They are both crap but the M.E.N. is better crap, given a choice most people would rather read the M.E.N.

As I said it's not scientific, but an indicator nonetheless.

Obviously I tend to agree wit the level of crapness, and I still want the Chron to sort itself out.

Generalisation but an person feeling themselves to be Manc, is really not going to be bothered to even look at an Oldham paper, though an Oldhamer is more likely to buy the MEN.

So, and indicator I would say.