We also apparently missed 5 chances before Swindon's first.

Two target men aren't going fire us to safety. At a time like this we could do with finding a loan signing on par with Luke Beckett's a few seasons ago. Someone who's gonna come in and just bang them in. Until we get such a player we aren't going to move anywhere up table, fast.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

but surley you carnt expect the strikers to score all our goals, what about midfield chipping in like last season ?

That's the general idea, in football strikers tend to score the majority of your goals. How many goals have come from strikers this season? 8 from Abbott, 1 from Heff, 1 from Price, 1 from Brooke, 1 from Blackman, 2 from Parker. 14 goals? That's it? It's appauling.

It really is no wonder we are where we are. And people don't think we need a goalscoring striker? I thought it was obvious we needed one when we could put one past Stockport on the opening game of the season.

But its a team game, yeah i agree strikers should be scoring MOST of our goals, but we carnt expect 2 strikers to score 50+ a season can we ?

No one's asking for 50.

But there's no point in criticising the midfield for not scoring, when the players specifically played to score aren't doing. You have to address your goal shy strikers problem first. If our strikers were scoring and we were around midtable, then I'd be looking at "Why's Chris Taylor not scoring?" "Furman? Thought he was an attacking midfielder." Goals from midfield get a team with scoring strikers into the play offs.

Our strikers goal output is well below par, this needs addressing before anything else because if you can't score you aren't gonna win games.

also how can they score if they're getting poor service ?

Interesting debate this one - the chances we missed at Swindon in the first half suggest that the service is there - but the striking is not.

We have one genuine winger at the club in Colbeck - he looks to get out wide and get the ball into the area - Smalley/Taylor/Whittaker simply do not.

Last night we again saw the enigma that is Smalley - pace to burn - but no end product.

Taylor came on and was again way off the pace - he needs some time in the reserves surely?

Stephens - had one of his poorest games of the season - overshadowed by Douglas.

Furman - failed to deliver yet again.

and yet we could have (should have?) scored two before Paynter's wonder strike.

Interesting debate. :huh:

Interesting debate this one - the chances we missed at Swindon in the first half suggest that the service is there - but the striking is not.

We have one genuine winger at the club in Colbeck - he looks to get out wide and get the ball into the area - Smalley/Taylor/Whittaker simply do not.

Last night we again saw the enigma that is Smalley - pace to burn - but no end product.

Taylor came on and was again way off the pace - he needs some time in the reserves surely?

Stephens - had one of his poorest games of the season - overshadowed by Douglas.

Furman - failed to deliver yet again.

and yet we could have (should have?) scored two before Paynter's wonder strike.

Interesting debate. :huh:

abbott n price are target men primarily for me,and both need an out and out striker to put it in the net...with 5 chances to score in the first half you would hope we hit the net at least once and make there keeper work the other 4,most clubs in this league seem to have a out an out striker yet we dont..and i cant understand the reluctance as to why not....

we have missed out on heff by being too patiant and not forcing the issue...we should be utilising this loan period now to bring someone in to fire us away from the danger zone....and i dont mean maverick and goose!!!

That's the general idea, in football strikers tend to score the majority of your goals. How many goals have come from strikers this season? 8 from Abbott, 1 from Heff, 1 from Price, 1 from Brooke, 1 from Blackman, 2 from Parker. 14 goals? That's it? It's appauling.

It really is no wonder we are where we are. And people don't think we need a goalscoring striker? I thought it was obvious we needed one when we could put one past Stockport on the opening game of the season.

14? Well, it is the majority of our goals.