Retain/Release - Thus far

When smalley won players player at the awards last season, Fleming told me (im such a name dropping bastard...) that he was one of the best footballers he had ever worked with and did things in training that the other lads wouldn't ever try. Just need a coach/manager to harness his potential and get him to do it on matchdays.

But Smalley didnt win Players Player of the year.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewi and Smalley have more skill than any other Latics players....i remember Hudds away when Davies scored a screamer and seeing them messing around with the ball at half time...if Soccer AM did a skills school for professionals it would be those 2 for Latics

Lewi and Smalley have more skill than any other Latics players....i remember Hudds away when Davies scored a screamer and seeing them messing around with the ball at half time...if Soccer AM did a skills school for professionals it would be those 2 for Latics

Well why doesnt Smalley pull some tricks out to beat his full back? He is the only winger I have seen never try a bit of skill to beat a man.

I've never seen Lewis or Deane do anything like this:

MOV00128-new.gif

Retain:

Gregan

Stephens

Abbott

Taylor

Price

Goodwin

Retain unless can be replaced with better

Brill

Hazell

Jacobsen

Furman

Whitaker

Release:

Smalley

Parker

Lee

Colbeck

Alessandra

Unsure:

Purdie

Worthington

Holdsworth

Alijofree

Black

Fleming

• 2 months later...

etain:

Gregan

Stephens

Abbott

Taylor

Goodwin - if we cant find anyone else to come in at RB he would do

Hazell

Jacobsen

Furman

Lee

Holdsworth

Black - think he just needs a run of games and JJ is injury prone

Release:

Brill

Whitaker

Smalley - just get rid lost all faith in him

Parker

Lee - id keep Lee if he was cheap

Colbeck - not good enough

Alessandra - give him till xmas to see what he can do??

Fleming - hes goner

Worthington - best days are behind him and furman does exactly the same job in the middle

Purdie

Alijofree

Fleming - hes a goner

Of the out of contract players

Lee - Retain, his versatility is an assett

Whittaker - Release, put his wage towards a new striker

Lomax - Release

Parker - Release and seek a restraining order that prevents the lazt t**t coming within 100 miles of Boundary Park

Aljofree - If we are after cheap defensive cover, I would let him train with us over the summer, and assess the situation then

Brooke - Would offer another 12 months but I think Penney will release him

Of the players still under contract, would attempt to move on

Fleming - He isn't going to play here so no point having him on the wage bill. With a bit of luck we may even get a fee

Brill (if we can sigh Flav)

Lewi - Again no point in keeping him on the wage bill if he is not in the managers plans. Maybe Shez will take him at Chesterfield?

Lewi

Lewi - Again no point in keeping him on the wage bill if he is not in the managers plans. Maybe Shez will take him at Chesterfield?

He fell out of Shez's plans at Latics two games after banging in a hat-trick.

It looks to me like he's behind Abbott, AN Other to be signed, Eaves and Brooke. So he needs to get away from BP if he wishes to have a meaningful career as a footballer.

Edited by opinions4u

Keeping Lomax? Absolute madness because he is patently not good enough.

Getting rid of Lee? A genuine footballer who has looked good at right back in recent weeks and has real life, genuine football ability - absolute shoe-in for retention.

Whitaker? Remains the only midfielder we have who offers us something a bit different. Why have half-a-dozen tacklers and no playmakers? Granted he is too lightweight to start but as a reserve or impact player then he is well worth it.

For those out of contract, retain:

Lee

Black

Alessandra ( Maybe a basic wage and adds on for appearances and goals, or pay as you play deal )

Hasney dude ( let him train pre-season and if dont find anyone else for CB then retain on a similar deal to lewi )

Lomax

I dont know owt bowt footie coz i've only been watching it for 52 years but, to those wanting rid of Wits, Black, and Lee,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Why would we want to rid ourselves of 3 of our best 4 players,? Mrs Gregans little lad being the other.