FAO Oldham Athletic Board and Simon Corney

As a latic fan just come back from the leeds game can you lot end this pain for oldham and please please sack Dave Penney and bring in a manager till the end of the season or get someone in to help clueless Penney.

I am upset tonight and this is the worst oldham side i have seen.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a latic fan just come back from the leeds game can you lot end this pain for oldham and please please sack Dave Penney and bring in a manager till the end of the season or get someone in to help clueless Penney.

best thing you can do is ask for your money back of mr bad penney :blush:

We lost to one of the best teams in the league... :blink: . As a struggling league one team (which is what we are), the most we could have hoped for was a draw at a push tonight.

penney needs to go we did well in 1st half its time penney went get ur banners out you oldham fans for saturday

Which game where you watching? :huh: We did bugger all except a Furman shot that skewed about 15 yards wide.

Piss off Penney, tonight was the final straw. I spent £70 altogether to watch one of the worst performances in recent memory. And that's saying something.

but we won twice there under sheridan, and played well...take your glasses of penny is sh**

look where chesterfield are in the league

...and it all makes for interesting debate. I'm not an advocate of switching managers after a short period of time so I won't hook on the Penney out bait.

Sheridan is a bloody good coach. Not the best manager in the business, nobody says that he is - but at Oldham we saw him orchestrate some really good football. The problems that happened in the background and behind the scenes in the latter stages of his reign I think can be attributed to poor management on Corney's behalf. He's the one who must sanction the requests of the manager, he's the one who ultimately managed Sheridan. If Corney had set his stall out and explained to Sheridan the as team Manager, he must re-inforce the standards expected as outlined by Corney himself, the team may well have been more motivated and manageable.

I got the impression that Corney turned a blind eye to the whole situation, a situation that got out of hand and Sheridan couldn't control. So what did Corney do? Well, instead of supporting the Team Manager and laying down the law he bowed to public pressure and took the path of least resistance, hoping to stay onside with the fans by appointing Royle within hours. Which was a master stroke for Corney's popularity when you look at the gate against Tranmere last season.

For me the problem lies much higher up in the structure.

penney needs to go we did well in 1st half its time penney went get ur banners out you oldham fans for saturday

Penney needs to go

We did well in the first half

That makes sense

Lets try it another way the same thing.

We did well in the first half, so Penney needs to go

You really are all over the place

Edited by singe

Get Norwich out of the way Saturday we then play Exeter, Orient, Wycombe, Stockport and Brighton all in the space of two weeks :wink:

Yes we do. With 12 points from 48, do you not reckon that those teams are looking forward to playing us as well? It is not like we're going to win 3 or 4 in a row or anything.

Yep, let's sack him and just accept relegation now. I mean, your option worked sooo well when they brought in Big Joe this time last season didn't it?

...and it all makes for interesting debate. I'm not an advocate of switching managers after a short period of time so I won't hook on the Penney out bait.

Sheridan is a bloody good coach. Not the best manager in the business, nobody says that he is - but at Oldham we saw him orchestrate some really good football. The problems that happened in the background and behind the scenes in the latter stages of his reign I think can be attributed to poor management on Corney's behalf. He's the one who must sanction the requests of the manager, he's the one who ultimately managed Sheridan. If Corney had set his stall out and explained to Sheridan the as team Manager, he must re-inforce the standards expected as outlined by Corney himself, the team may well have been more motivated and manageable.

I got the impression that Corney turned a blind eye to the whole situation, a situation that got out of hand and Sheridan couldn't control. So what did Corney do? Well, instead of supporting the Team Manager and laying down the law he bowed to public pressure and took the path of least resistance, hoping to stay onside with the fans by appointing Royle within hours. Which was a master stroke for Corney's popularity when you look at the gate against Tranmere last season.

For me the problem lies much higher up in the structure.

What a cracking and thought provoking post. :imnotworthy:

Yep, let's sack him and just accept relegation now. I mean, your option worked sooo well when they brought in Big Joe this time last season didn't it?

Sacking a manager who had us in the top 6 all season, and subsequently shipping out the divisions most talented striker, was an entirely different kettle of fish to the near emergency situation we now find ourselves in today.

Penney has bought himself some time with the recent upturn in performances however. I was calling for his head on here after the Tranmere home game but always said that I'd give any manager time if he looked to be progressing in some way. He obviously didn't buy much though...

with penney as boss we are going down we need to bin this guy end off.

I fear saturday badly

Can't wait to hear which manager you've been told is signing with the club to replace Penney!

Nothing to fear about Saturday, just a day like all the other six