Our Next Five Games

Our last five have seen 4 losses, we now need 4 wins against that lot. Crucial part of the season. We mess this up and we really are in trouble.

It's also crucial towards Penney's future. If we're still in the bottom 4 after these games, he goes for me.

The thing being, a new manager would require time. If he was to go, it would have to be sooner rather than later, and it's something I can't see happenning.

Our last five have seen 4 losses, we now need 4 wins against that lot. Crucial part of the season. We mess this up and we really are in trouble.

It's also crucial towards Penney's future. If we're still in the bottom 4 after these games, he goes for me.

Can't really disagree with that the next month will make or break us it won't be easy but we will have chances in these games to score and win we take them we can pull away. The players have to go out their and believe they can win, believe taking that shot will nestle in the back of the onion bag, believe that putting the ball in the box will lead to a goal and believe that gambling in the box will get you a goal. I reckon thats whats missing at the moment.

Edited by GlossopLatic

If penney gets the whole of march in charge then he may as well stay for the season because it would be totally unfair to bring someone in and expect them to work miracles in the remaining games.

Massive month coming up, Let's hope the players are big enough for it.

Can't really disagree with that the next month will make or break us it won't be easy but we will have chances in these games to score and win we take them we can pull away. The players have to go out their and believe they can win, believe taking that shot will nestle in the back of the onion bag, believe that putting the ball in the box will lead to a goal and believe that gambling in the box will get you a goal. I reckon thats whats missing at the moment.

its a double edged sword then in many ways.

if he does all of the above,gets em motivated and we bag a few wins and move out of relegation zone,save our season....then are people going to be seriosuly happy with penny being given his 2nd year of his contract,more money to spend etc etc...

at the end of the day if the owners want out of this league and to move forward they have to be prepared to back a manager with serious hard cash of around 3 or 4 million to buy decent quality players,we need to start shopping in selfridges rather than the pound shop.

Let's look at it this way:

February - P W D L F A Points

Outcome 6 2 0 4 4 8 6 out of 18

March - P W D L F A Points

Outcome?

We have six games - and on paper we should be able to get something from each. It all depends on that magical word 'confidence'

Exeter away is not the easiest game but a draw followed by a couple of wins (home to Leyton & Wycombe) will set us up - I hope... :huh:

Edited by TheBigDog

If penney gets the whole of march in charge then he may as well stay for the season because it would be totally unfair to bring someone in and expect them to work miracles in the remaining games.

Massive month coming up, Let's hope the players are big enough for it.

Agreed

If we are going to get rid of Penney we do it now.

there is absolutely zero point in getting rid of the manager so late in the season

Agreed

If we are going to get rid of Penney we do it now.

there is absolutely zero point in getting rid of the manager so late in the season

Now is too late he should have gone after Tranmere at home

I think he is here till next season whatever happens - if we stay up id give him till next xmas but if we are in the bottom 6 nex season then he should go but i wish we had some stability for once

Edited by bluehobbit

its a double edged sword then in many ways.

if he does all of the above,gets em motivated and we bag a few wins and move out of relegation zone,save our season....then are people going to be seriosuly happy with penny being given his 2nd year of his contract,more money to spend etc etc...

at the end of the day if the owners want out of this league and to move forward they have to be prepared to back a manager with serious hard cash of around 3 or 4 million to buy decent quality players,we need to start shopping in selfridges rather than the pound shop.

If he keeps us up then give him the 2nd year yes TTA are only prepared to give him so much of their own money so they have to make up for it in time. I won't be leeping up and down about staying up but with the budget he has at his disposal and bearing in mind it his first year with a whole host of new players then he has to stay, but next season will be the time to judge him knowone is going to take this club anywhere without being given the time to do so.

Oh and I bought an expensive jumper from selfridges once it shrank in the wash and fell to bits. Unlike the £2 t-shirt I bought in primark which has lasted me 5 years. The skill is not how much money you spend its how you spend it

Edited by GlossopLatic