Building on executive car park

Was told on Saturday that building commences on the executive carpark in c 2 weeks time in respect of new houses. Won't be able to park there any more. Anyone aware of this? Does this limit Boundary Park development if Failsworth falls through?

Was told on Saturday that building commences on the executive carpark in c 2 weeks time in respect of new houses. Won't be able to park there any more. Anyone aware of this? Does this limit Boundary Park development if Failsworth falls through?

wheres the exec car park?

Behind the side with no stand - adjacent to Clayton playing fields

its from the edge of clayton fields upto where the clayton arms was,then right across to existing houses incorperating little wembly.

there will still be a car park behind where the lookers was as that bit hasnt yet been sold.

if failsworth falls through then yes,it would affect the original bp development as the new chaddy end and underground parking and hotel bit couldnt happen,the land has been sold to a developer on the previso there wont be a football ground there

its from the edge of clayton fields upto where the clayton arms was,then right across to existing houses incorperating little wembly.

there will still be a car park behind where the lookers was as that bit hasnt yet been sold.

if failsworth falls through then yes,it would affect the original bp development as the new chaddy end and underground parking and hotel bit couldnt happen,the land has been sold to a developer on the previso there wont be a football ground there

So hang on the Plan C/D/E that loads of people marched for has been shelved completely without the replacement plan being given the go-ahead and building starting. Does not make (financial) sense to me as whilst it seems never likely to happen the development of BP in the "Oldham Arena" must have made some sense for it to be considered and got to the stage it got.

This strikes me as poor planning again on behalf of the owners.

So hang on the Plan C/D/E that loads of people marched for has been shelved completely without the replacement plan being given the go-ahead and building starting. Does not make (financial) sense to me as whilst it seems never likely to happen the development of BP in the "Oldham Arena" must have made some sense for it to be considered and got to the stage it got.

This strikes me as poor planning again on behalf of the owners.

end-nigh.jpg

Anyone remember this place ? Former OMBC graveyard I believe...

normal_Oldham_Watersheddings_1988f.jpg

Edited by oafc0000

Posted about this building after leaving the last consultation meeting.

Latics say the residential development at Boundary Park is needed to help fund the building of a new stadium and they trust fans will understand and appreciate the need for the club to carry out this work take massive risks to assist in its development plans.

Why not simply wait for the outcome of the council meetings to see if we actually have a development plan or another car wreck...

Edited by oafc0000

I used to go every game and was in tears at the last game... I no longer go to the rugby....

Yes, it must have been awful. I've never had any enthusiasm for rugby though so don't really know what went on with Watersheddings. I imagine that, ultimately, fan apathy was to blame?

Yes, it must have been awful. I've never had any enthusiasm for rugby though so don't really know what went on with Watersheddings. I imagine that, ultimately, fan apathy was to blame?

For the destruction of Oldham Rugby ? You sell your spirtal home on a wing and a prayer... Lost your identity... Lose that togetherness... and then finally add in a chairman running off with a million pound of your super league money... Then finish of with healthy amount of lies and bull:censored: from OMBC you end up with Roughyeds with plans of moving to Limeside....

It just all sounds a bit to similar at the moment...

Edited by oafc0000

I used to go every game and was in tears at the last game... I no longer go to the rugby....

OK then - here's one for you ...

Oldham v Australia from 1987 (not so far removed from Latics glory days). The parallels are so (unfortunately) close. We only lost 22 - 16. It's like Latics playing Brazil and losing 1 - 0 to a lucky goal.

Many younger posters on here don't even know how important rugby was to the community, and many of those 10,000 people who watched the rugby often on a Sunday or mid week, were the same supporters watching latics on a Saturday

(fast forward to the oldham try on about 9 minutes - as good as you'll see today)

OK then - here's one for you ...

Oldham v Australia from 1987 (not so far removed from Latics glory days). The parallels are so (unfortunately) close. We only lost 22 - 16. It's like Latics playing Brazil and losing 1 - 0 to a lucky goal.

Many younger posters on here don't even know how important rugby was to the community, and many of those 10,000 people who watched the rugby often on a Sunday or mid week, were the same supporters watching latics on a Saturday

(fast forward to the oldham try on about 9 minutes - as good as you'll see today)

l never knew that oldham rubgy was so popular. I never liked it hopefully latics will be okay.

I fear Latics will go the same way... The rot has already set in...

I used to watch both... Latics on a Saturday and Rugby on a Sunday... Used to sell programs at the rugby... Miss it so much...

Tried to watch the new setup but its just not the same club...

The only way to compare the demise of Oldham RLFC is to imagine Liverpool FC, equally dominant in the late 80s, now being a League Two club groundsharing at Warrington.

And now stop smiling. :wink:

Edited by garcon

The only way to compare the demise of Oldham RLFC is to imagine Liverpool FC, equally dominant in the late 80s, now being a League Two club groundsharing at Warrington.

And now stop smiling. :wink:

Even more galling is all the Oldham born and schooled youngsters going to Superleague clubs.