Latics Lotto

I detect Agent 117 is more than one person. The individual posts bare different writer traits.

One thing is for sure OWTB'ers, I think the club have scored a mega own goal in attacking it's own lotto on the OS. Cos whether it's run by NWSDA or not it's run in that name only for the club. The club know the individuals who administer the lotto very well indeed and all are around and about the club often. It smacks of bully boy tactics to me or down right underhanded tactics to get it's own way. Who are the individuals who have not been paid? and what are the circumstances surrounding any delays in payment of prizes?

I have a lot of time for most of the owners and officials of this club but that doesn't mean to say if I see what I believe to be an injustice going on I will close my eyes through blind loyalty. I can't get out of my head what I was told the other day, I really can't and I want those involved in NWSDA and the club to thrash out the truth. If the truth means heads roll so be it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha till? what the hell !

why is it when people are proved wrong they go on a personal attack?

i am just setting the record straight about the lotto being fair... being an agent i have more knowledge of what is going on then people who are not even involved at all..

i think i have made my point..

whatever anyone thinks the lotto will continue to be sucessful and raise money directly to the youth development and the sam jones trust.. if people dont want to be involved fair enough

I am very unhappy with the Lotto, and am thinking of cancelling.

I've never won a penny, well that I am aware of anyway! Do they let you knw automatically?

I've been in the lottery for yonks. I've always had my prizes. I have a letter at home entitling me to 2 free match tickets. So I am one customer that can vouch for receiving what I have won. Where are these people that supposedly haven't received things?

As Lags has said... bully boy tactics. You know who you are and you will be reading this!! People aren't daft.

I've been in the lottery for yonks. I've always had my prizes. I have a letter at home entitling me to 2 free match tickets. So I am one customer that can vouch for receiving what I have won. Where are these people that supposedly haven't received things?

As Lags has said... bully boy tactics. You know who you are and you will be reading this!! People aren't daft.

shame they won't answer..they would much rather check up on your personal details everytime you have a point to make which they don't like.

Have to say that I've not finally decided what to do.

I've got a Standing Order for the Lotto. I buy tickets because I want to support the club in this way. The club says that the Lotto isn't very beneficial. At the same time there's a suggestion that there's another agenda.

Do I stop buying because the organisation I'm trying to give money to says it's not very productive? Do I stay a ticket buyer on the say-so of others that the Lotto works well?

Have to say that I've not finally decided what to do.

I've got a Standing Order for the Lotto. I buy tickets because I want to support the club in this way. The club says that the Lotto isn't very beneficial. At the same time there's a suggestion that there's another agenda.

Do I stop buying because the organisation I'm trying to give money to says it's not very productive? Do I stay a ticket buyer on the say-so of others that the Lotto works well?

Given the numbers of members had fallen to below 400 when Stockport ran it and these guys have got it upto around the 1100 mark, maybe they should be given any benefit of the doubt for now and let the club publish why they have concerns in more detail first.

Not bothered about all these internal politics/sources on sources etc etc etc. Just let us know officially what is happening with the lotto!

I'm not sure the new marketing guy has really got a grip on the communications from the club yet, which is disappointing.

All I'd like to know, as my standing order to the lotto is due in May, is this...

Is there still a valid lotto scheme running that benefits the club in some way or is the lotto no longer running?

I've been in the lotto since it's 2002/03 inception and in that time I've won a couple of times and received both prizes. Granted the most recent win was 2 match tickets at the end of November which I didn't receive a letter until the start of Feb about, but as I didn't even know I'd won them then it really wasn't a problem.

So any chance of clearing this lotto thing up?

yes all members with concerns can speak to the lotto direct or any agents, the lotto is still running as usual and donations will still be made to the charities, youth development and sam jones trust still as always. good luck with winning the jackpot! :grin:

yes all members with concerns can speak to the lotto direct or any agents, the lotto is still running as usual and donations will still be made to the charities, youth development and sam jones trust still as always. good luck with winning the jackpot! :grin:

Just out of interest, can you clarify:-

For every £1 put into the lottery:

How much goes to the agent straight off

How much goes to the prize fund

How much goes to Latics

How much goes to the charity

Then from the prize fund:

How much is paid out each week (if it varies, what's the average)

How much goes to the agent

Ta

I have no connection to the Lotto but can answer that for you:

Jackpot Accumulator (Currently at £5000): If it's not won it rolls over to a maximum of £5,000 - which it's been at for over six months.

£300: 1 Winner

£50: 1 Winner

£10: 5 Winners

Match Tickets: 5 Winners (two ticket I think...)

Summit Meal: 1 Winner

Just out of interest, can you clarify:-

For every £1 put into the lottery:

How much goes to the agent straight off

How much goes to the prize fund

How much goes to Latics

How much goes to the charity

Then from the prize fund:

How much goes to the agent

Ta

If you want to do the math, in the short term Latics would recieve more by lumping into the Hudds scheme. In the long term I think we'd see the same decline in numbers from those dropping out. That's purely from a Latics perspective. (incidently Hudds scheme I believe is £2 per week as opposed to Latics £1 per week)

From a locally run Latics/community perspective, run for local causes and locally produced winners in the short term Latics would lose out, in the long term if member numbers continue to rise at the same rates and as the start up costs (since being brought back in house from Stockport)(who incidently lumped in with Blackpool) are now diminishing should make more for Latics.

i suppose thats like asking a shop how much they pay their staff and how much they spend on stock etc lol but im sure if you want to know anything just ring up the lotto direct and they will be happy to give u a breakdown :wink:

It's not a shop though, it's a lotto. It states that it gives money to charity and to latics - I just wondered what the %age was?

If there's 1100 members, and £450 is going as prize money (with the jackpot being full) then £650 is going to the people who collect/run it; and to latics and the charity. I would have thought it would have a clear statement on how the £1 is split?

How much do the colectors get from what they collect; and how much from the prize fund?

Does the charity get a set %age? Does latics get a set %age?

Can't really ring them - too busy during office hours.

the weekly prize money is £550 a week plus the £5000 jackpot, the collectors (who collect in all weathers ) get 20% plus a car allowance. as of last night the club stopped collectors getting comps which is a break of tradition going back to the 60's i believe. NWSDA paid for match tickets last night for collectors who were refused their ticket, obviously this cost comes out of the proceeds due to the club! (you would think they had 2 many fans!!)

if you want to know anymore contact the lotto office and leave a message and im sure they will get back to you, the promotor has told me that all members will recieve a newsletter with information and details of all donations made to the club and samantha jones trust. hope i have set the record straight now, if any one wants further information the lotto are happy to help. thanks for the support! :grin:

the weekly prize money is £550 a week plus the £5000 jackpot, the collectors (who collect in all weathers ) get 20% plus a car allowance. as of last night the club stopped collectors getting comps which is a break of tradition going back to the 60's i believe. NWSDA paid for match tickets last night for collectors who were refused their ticket, obviously this cost comes out of the proceeds due to the club! (you would think they had 2 many fans!!)

if you want to know anymore contact the lotto office and leave a message and im sure they will get back to you, the promotor has told me that all members will recieve a newsletter with information and details of all donations made to the club and samantha jones trust. hope i have set the record straight now, if any one wants further information the lotto are happy to help. thanks for the support! :grin:

Someone else said:

"£300: 1 Winner

£50: 1 Winner

£10: 5 Winners"

That adds up to £400 in prize money, not the £550 you've said, nor even the £450 I suggested. If £220 a week goes to the agents, plus a car allowance (?), that leaves £480 a week from the £1100 (There's nothing going into the jackpot as it's full). That's almost £25k a year.

Have the lotto got an email addy?

• 2 weeks later...
as i have said there are now more £10 prizes instead of match tickets. scroll up and the information for the promotor is there.

is the £5k jackpot held in a separate bank account somewhere?