Latics Lotto

:ranting: being an agent i am absolutely disgusted with some of the comments people who know nothing about the lotto have put on here! i work damn hard collecting that money as i have for the last 4 years! all my members (which are 156 members as i collect a few rounds) are happy with how the lotto is run which i know as i have collected this week. of course the club will put something on their site about the lotto not paying out prizes as they want to make there own lotto by getting rid of the current one which not only raises money for the club (which they refused to take at christmas and will now be gladly given to the youth development direct) but everyone seems to forget about the money it has raised for the samatha jones trust!!!! the club wants a new lotto which WON'T give any money to charity but just fill their own pockets which is what the club has become all about recently i.e new ground etc. and of course they will write it on the website as we have no place to reply to that!!! i personally gave one of my members a cheque for 300 pounds a few weeks ago which the member greatly recieved so those who want to write snidey comments on here get your facts right!!! also, those who have made comments about saving 4.34 a month or whatever go for it i hope ur numbers come out for the 5 grand prize next week which you wont win because you have cancelled it because your being so bitter !!!! As for what they said about no one from the club being directly involved what an absolute load of rubbish that is, the NWSD have always ran the lotto the club are making out its a recent thing!!! :ranting:

Who is having a go at the agents?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not saying anyone is having a go at the agents if you read it propley! but saying about the lotto as a cock up etc? when they will believe anything greedy business men put on the OFFICAL website!! if its so offical why is does this one get more hits!!!!

:ranting: being an agent i am absolutely disgusted with some of the comments people who know nothing about the lotto have put on here! i work damn hard collecting that money as i have for the last 4 years! all my members (which are 156 members as i collect a few rounds) are happy with how the lotto is run which i know as i have collected this week. of course the club will put something on their site about the lotto not paying out prizes as they want to make there own lotto by getting rid of the current one which not only raises money for the club (which they refused to take at christmas and will now be gladly given to the youth development direct) but everyone seems to forget about the money it has raised for the samatha jones trust!!!! the club wants a new lotto which WON'T give any money to charity but just fill their own pockets which is what the club has become all about recently i.e new ground etc. and of course they will write it on the website as we have no place to reply to that!!! i personally gave one of my members a cheque for 300 pounds a few weeks ago which the member greatly recieved so those who want to write snidey comments on here get your facts right!!! also, those who have made comments about saving 4.34 a month or whatever go for it i hope ur numbers come out for the 5 grand prize next week which you wont win because you have cancelled it because your being so bitter !!!! As for what they said about no one from the club being directly involved what an absolute load of rubbish that is, the NWSD have always ran the lotto the club are making out its a recent thing!!! :ranting:

Wow, just....wow.

lol well its true its alright people hearing one side of the story and making assumptions, its not always as clear as it seems thought people would know that by now through reading the papers! and also thought people would know how bad the club just is by now, i wouldnt say it was loyal to the fans would anyone!

Slow down agent. Read the thread again and come back to us. Let me just add I didn't buy a strike it lucky ticket tonight like I've done for good knows how long, the reason? cos I just don't know if it's fair any more.

im not saying everyone has put bad things on the thread! sorry ! its just so annoying when its not true!!!!! the strike it lucky is seperate from the lotto.

I appreciate how you're feeling but you were a bit quick to cast aspersions on those who've stopped paying into the lotto, considering they only had the club's word to go on.

Would you go to a particular bookies, if someone had told you they don't pay out?

very true, but i would speak to the lotto directly instead on going on hearsay from the club who have stated they are not involved in the lotto! plus, speak to other people to see who has actually won prizes and agents, but i do understand where you are coming from. i hope what i have put makes people think twice now.

Slow down agent. Read the thread again and come back to us. Let me just add I didn't buy a strike it lucky ticket tonight like I've done for good knows how long, the reason? cos I just don't know if it's fair any more.

strike it lucky is about the fairest thing goin at the club,having done it for 20 yrs you get to know a few things,the sellers dont get any cash for it now(it all goes to the first prize)

Well, I know little about what's going on but:

1) The Club should honour any contractual commitments that it has - until any other party to those commitments breaks their side of any deal.

2) The Club should look to maximise any income it can out of its name (without ripping off supporters).

being an agent i am absolutely disgusted with some of the comments people who know nothing about the lotto have put on here!

Be specific. I see little to be disgusted at.

i work damn hard collecting that money as i have for the last 4 years! all my members (which are 156 members as i collect a few rounds) are happy with how the lotto is run which i know as i have collected this week. of course the club will put something on their site about the lotto not paying out prizes as they want to make there own lotto by getting rid of the current one which not only raises money for the club (which they refused to take at christmas and will now be gladly given to the youth development direct)

Whatever the Club wants / doesn't want, if a single prize hasn't been paid then there is a problem with the current system and it is right that they address this.

but everyone seems to forget about the money it has raised for the samatha jones trust!!!! the club wants a new lotto which WON'T give any money to charity but just fill their own pockets

I'm sure the charity is a good cause and here's a linky for anybody who wants to donate. But, ultimately, if the Lotto is being sold in the good name of Oldham Athletic then I have little problem with Oldham Athletic trying to maximise income from it.

Out of interest, do the company running the scheme do nasty things like try to generate an income for their owners?

I also Googled "nwsd samantha jones trust" but it came up with nothing. Can you provide any internet links confirming payments from NWSD to the charity?

I'm not sure it's a good idea to bring the good name of a charity in to what appears to be a commercial dispute between two companies.

and of course they will write it on the website as we have no place to reply to that!!!

But they do have a team of ticket sellers able to talk on doorsteps, post on messageboards, write to the local paper etc. There is obviously a right of reply. Just not via the Club's web site.

i personally gave one of my members a cheque for 300 pounds a few weeks ago which the member greatly recieved so those who want to write snidey comments on here get your facts right!!!

Can you 100% state with knowledge and honesty that every prize winner has received their money? Your sample of one is unconvincing.

also, those who have made comments about saving 4.34 a month or whatever go for it i hope ur numbers come out for the 5 grand prize next week which you wont win because you have cancelled it because your being so bitter !!!!

You're not a very nice person are you. Do you really hope that? Hopefully they'll use the money saved to attend an extra game or splash out in the Club shop. That way Oldham Athletic do better for it.

As for what they said about no one from the club being directly involved what an absolute load of rubbish that is, the NWSD have always ran the lotto the club are making out its a recent thing!!!

I don't know the ins and outs of who does what. But I thought it used to be a joint venture with another football club locally which changed a couple of years back.

Edited by opinions4u

For awhile now the "the club"have wanted huddersfield to run the lottery,for whatever reason I don't know especially after the link with stockport county didn't work.no football club is allowed to run its own lottery,that's why its run by nwsda.

People not getting paid is just not true,there are cases of people being paid late,but there are a number of reasons for that,biggest being the royal mail.

Results not being in the chronicle is down to the relationship between the club and the chronicle, them not being on the club website and announced at games is down to the club or someone at the club wanting to hurt the lottery.

Its a sad time when in current financial climate the club is shunning its supporters because everyone who pays their pound a week is a supporter.

about time the trust found its voice.

For awhile now the "the club"have wanted huddersfield to run the lottery,for whatever reason I don't know especially after the link with stockport county didn't work.no football club is allowed to run its own lottery,that's why its run by nwsda.

People not getting paid is just not true,there are cases of people being paid late,but there are a number of reasons for that,biggest being the royal mail.

Results not being in the chronicle is down to the relationship between the club and the chronicle, them not being on the club website and announced at games is down to the club or someone at the club wanting to hurt the lottery.

Its a sad time when in current financial climate the club is shunning its supporters because everyone who pays their pound a week is a supporter.

about time the trust found its voice.

Hmmm. The club is not happy about the administration of the lottery, yet refuses (as has done for a while) th publish the results (something it was also previously happy to do.

And I've heard various people tell me that the club are looking to give the lottery to Huddersfield, though I can't imagine why, other than there is a connection between the 2 clubs via an ex OAFC marketing person).

All very bizarre.

Hmmm. The club is not happy about the administration of the lottery, yet refuses (as has done for a while) th publish the results (something it was also previously happy to do.

And I've heard various people tell me that the club are looking to give the lottery to Huddersfield, though I can't imagine why, other than there is a connection between the 2 clubs via an ex OAFC marketing person).

All very bizarre.

The only plus side I can see is that (reportedly) Jarvis would pay Latics 60p to the £1 collected from Latics side of the lotto. The downside is the amount of members would decline to numbers seen when Stockport administered it in a similar fashion. Cos it's percieved not to be Latics scheme.

All this nonsense about another company (namely NWSDA) cashing in due to it being the administrator is again down to perception. NWSDA is only a vehicle to an end, meaning Latics themselves cannot run it's own Lotto. So a number of Tics administor NWSDA. So it all comes down to if you trust a group of well known Tic fans I guess.

However I was very very alarmed over one alligation made recently, which I may add never happened due to NWSDA refusing.

EDIT: IT'S 50%

Edited by Lags

Little to be disgusted at? How about the whole article on the club website?

ALL prizes have been paid, come to the office and ring all prize winners if you like! Surely people would have cancelled and the police would be involved if prizes weren’t being paid?

Yes there is evidence of cheque presentations to both youth development and the Samantha jones trust ( you wont find anything googling that as one as they are separate organisations ) look in past programmes and on

http://www.thesamanthajonestrust.com/photo-gallery.html there is even a lovely picture of mr alan hardy presenting a lotto donation to mr jones !!!

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1745127,00.html

oh another cheque presentation on here with alan hardy again!!!!!!!!

I meant no direct right of reply on the official website of course on here is what im doing ! duhh…

I suggest you get some details right before making your judgements. Its strange how you have picked at irrelevant aspects of my argument but not agreed with any of the truths ie. no one from north west sports development is directly involved in the club! I suggest you look at the match programmes where is states the lotto managers name!

And yes I am a lovely person seeing as you no nothing about me proves how judgemental you are…

why dont you join the lotto and see for yourselfs how it is run before making your judgements! hopefully you might win and when you get your cheque you can get back on here and apologize !!

Agent117 has clearly had his hand in the till and would steal money off a blind orphan.

*I have no evidence of the above or indeed any reason to believe it to be true, but he seems really touchy so I thought it might be fun to say it anyway*

Edited by leeslover

haha till? what the hell !

why is it when people are proved wrong they go on a personal attack?

i am just setting the record straight about the lotto being fair... being an agent i have more knowledge of what is going on then people who are not even involved at all..

i think i have made my point..

whatever anyone thinks the lotto will continue to be sucessful and raise money directly to the youth development and the sam jones trust.. if people dont want to be involved fair enough