• Dale Stephens
    • Dean Furman
    • Chris Taylor
    • Pawel Abbott
    • Daniel Nardiello
    • Danny Whitaker
    • Deane Smalley
    • Joe Colbeck

A last-minute penalty save from keeper Dean Brill ensured Latics picked up a valuable point in their bottom-of-the-table League One clash at Exeter City.

Brill brilliantly kept out Ryan Harley's spot kick as Latics snatched a draw from the jaws of defeat in this relegation dogfight.

Latics had fallen behind on the hour to a Harley penalty only to claw their way back into the game though a late equaliser from Sean Gregan.

has it be dean brill shocked to see gregan scored today.

i went down today and it is actually unreal how far ahead of anyone else that gregan was. the penalty was poor so wasnt suprised to see brill save it. stephens had a deccent game but below normal standards. jacobsen did ok. other than that struggling to find anythin good to say about anyone else. o apart from nardielo showed some effort but was prob one of only 3 or 4 who did

i went down today and it is actually unreal how far ahead of anyone else that gregan was. the penalty was poor so wasnt suprised to see brill save it. stephens had a deccent game but below normal standards. jacobsen did ok. other than that struggling to find anythin good to say about anyone else. o apart from nardielo showed some effort but was prob one of only 3 or 4 who did

If the effort isn't there then we really are in the brown stuff, fighting spirit is the minimum requirement!

If the effort isn't there then we really are in the brown stuff, fighting spirit is the minimum requirement!

exactly, at 1-0 down i was convinced the only place we were goin was down. it was pretty dire. but first time this season were i looked at it and thought sh*t where going down. and im affriad to say the worst offender for effort was taylor. the same taylor who is ment to be oldham threw and threw. if he cant motivate himself to put effort in it doesnt look good. most effort he put in all game was argueing his way into the book after the 2nd pen was awarded.

I take it nobody saw the poor header from Gregan that led to the first penalty. Man of the match Brill for me, just for the penalty save.

so ur willing to criticize a player for one incident and then give man of match to a different player based on one incident? and to be fair it was a good save but a poor penalty

For me bringing on Whitaker changed the game. Brill and Gregan were solid but we had nothing going forward and no quality passes at all. As soon as he came on we looked like we might get back into the game - which we did.

For me bringing on Whitaker changed the game. Brill and Gregan were solid but we had nothing going forward and no quality passes at all. As soon as he came on we looked like we might get back into the game - which we did.

a lot of folk on hear slag whitaker off,but he is the only midfielder what will have a pop on goal given the chance,maybe thats why clown penney doesnt play him much.....

D-Whit did change it, for once we had someone willing to get the ball in the midfield and not pretend he was JP Kalalalalala. Gregan wins by a mile though.

As for Taylor, he was poor again although he at least got himself into position to miss a couple of chances (the stats that we only hd one go on goal are just wrong). But, I am convinced that his incessant nagging of the bloke who spooned the second penalty put him off enough