The budget

razza699

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up 13.5% in total :lol: Glastonbury just got more expensive :)

Worse budget I have ever watched. All political, no real changes, Labour taking no risks before the election....no bite at all...

The bite will come in the next budget, depending on who gets in power.

Labour had a chance to keep my vote today and they have failed with this weak cowards budget.

BORROWING

Borrowed £167bn in 2009-10, £11bn lower than previously forecast

Borrowing to fall from £131bn in 2011-12 to £74bn in 2014-15

:lol:

I'm no economic or political expert but that sounds pretty daft to me - hope somebody knows what they're doing! I suspect the younger British generations who seemingly think they deserve everything on a plate are in for a big shock at some point during the next decade. (:()

I'm no economic or political expert but that sounds pretty daft to me - hope somebody knows what they're doing! I suspect the younger British generations who seemingly think they deserve everything on a plate are in for a big shock at some point during the next decade. (:()

The next 10 years are going to be very hard.

A lot of the deficit reduction will be forecast to come from increasign revenues rather than spending cuts, eg companies returning to profit adn paying Corp tax again, increased spending boosting VAT takings, beer tax and every other bastard way they have to grasp your cash from you. It doesn't take away the need for sharp spending cuts though, it's far from happy days when a Chancellor is bragging about having "only" borrowed £167billion last year. Imagine if him and Gordy had gone on a spending spree for the last 10 years?

Reducing government borrowing is seen to be a good thing, this will also lead though to reduced spending which yes may have been out of control BUT this did create jobs.

As for the younger generation (as in under 40) they were already screwed by those 40+ year olds who not only own land and have a pension (or will enjoy a pension in the future) but also want to live to enjoy it.... and who will fund it, me!!!!

:wink:

By golly that went well.

I don't like the sounds of 'further rises on super-strength cider' as those are the nicest ones. I'd guess this'll finish off a fair few companies in the South West which is a shame.

I can see a point on some of this. The garbage you get in supermarkets such as their own labels/super-white-blow-your-tits-off stuff that people only buy to get T-rolleyed should have been jumped on years ago. But done in a 'price per unit' manner.

The stuff like Westons (and other better ciders) which isn't cheap anyway* should have been left alone. They are often very high strength which seems like what they'll hit again.

This is nothing short of a disaster which I will never forgive anyone for, anywhere. Especially if you are a caterpillar faced bastard.

*So 'not cheap', they generally don't sell it in supermarkets much.

Reducing government borrowing is seen to be a good thing, this will also lead though to reduced spending which yes may have been out of control BUT this did create jobs.

As for the younger generation (as in under 40) they were already screwed by those 40+ year olds who not only own land and have a pension (or will enjoy a pension in the future) but also want to live to enjoy it.... and who will fund it, me!!!!

:wink:

I bring you back to my policy several years ago of a 'Euthanasia Lottery' to even up the population structure.

60 or under = LIVE

61 = 39/40th's live.

62 = 38/40th's live...

..99 = 1/40th live

100+ & Alisdair Darling = DIE.

Get things moving in the right direction again.

It doesn't take away the need for sharp spending cuts though, it's far from happy days when a Chancellor is bragging about having "only" borrowed £167billion last year. Imagine if him and Gordy had gone on a spending spree for the last 10 years?

I wonder how much of that near £0.5B a day shortfall goes on interest, unjust wars and failed attempts to enforce what are detrimental and liberty stripping laws?

Of course, but it's apparently not to be reduced by anywhere near enough. And that's just a forecast. As for government spending creating jobs surely, seeing as they continue to overspend to a vast degree, these jobs aren't viable positions and therefore only stand to eventually exasperate the problem?

As for government spending creating jobs surely, seeing as they continue to overspend to a vast degree, these jobs aren't viable positions and therefore only stand to eventually exasperate the problem?

You'd think so.

Then again, that'll be a problem for someone else.

You'd think so.

Then again, that'll be a problem for someone else.

Which leads us back around to the 'career politician' issue and the related thread from last week. The system is an absolute joke. Obviously it served us well enough in the (increasingly distant) past but it's equally obvious that it needs overhauling for the 21st century.

I wonder how much of that near £0.5B a day shortfall goes on interest, unjust wars and failed attempts to enforce what are detrimental and liberty stripping laws?

We spend more currently on servicing the debt interest than on the entire Armed Forces budget despite the costs of Iraq and Afghanistan. Which I would also like to see reduced but it illustrates the scale

We spend more currently on servicing the debt interest than on the entire Armed Forces budget despite the costs of Iraq and Afghanistan. Which I would also like to see reduced but it illustrates the scale

Staggering. I suppose it's a relief to know that we intend to only be borrowing circa £1.5B a week in 5 years time. :unsure:

To think people get so up in arms over banker's bonuses, expense fiddling etc.

Staggering. I suppose it's a relief to know that we intend to only be borrowing circa £1.5B a week in 5 years time. :unsure:

To think people get so up in arms over banker's bonuses, expense fiddling etc.

Spot on... Madness...

£1.5 billion a week... Its just mind boggling...

As much as I can't stand Cameron, I thought he well and truly tore Darling a new arsehole.

And if Labour are so confident of winning this next election, makes you wonder why they havent named the date yet. The more I think about it the more I think its going to be left till the latest possible date.

As much as I can't stand Cameron, I thought he well and truly tore Darling a new arsehole.

And if Labour are so confident of winning this next election, makes you wonder why they havent named the date yet. The more I think about it the more I think its going to be left till the latest possible date.

Election will be May 6th now...

At least all the nobs that drink Magners, Bulmers, Kopperberg etc since they became fashionable will be punished for it.

Can you keep Old Rosie the same price though :disappointed:

I doubt you will see a major shift in price paid by the customer. More like a squeeze on the smaller suppliers doing the good stuff. While the big boys absorb the costs.