How to start labour ?

oafc0000

:lol:

Nice of me to keep up a political argument to take your mind off it :wink:

Two options I have heard of to induce birth naturally:

1) A pint of Worthington's bitter (resulting in one of the tidiest girls I have ever seen!)

2) Standing at the bottom of the bed with loads of bright toys making silly gurgling noises

Good luck!

Nice of me to keep up a political argument to take your mind off it :wink:

I am going nuts here :) Anything to keep my mind distracted is welcomed :) Having a chinese in a min and a dvd :)

Two options I have heard of to induce birth naturally:

1) A pint of Worthington's bitter (resulting in one of the tidiest girls I have ever seen!)

2) Standing at the bottom of the bed with loads of bright toys making silly gurgling noises

Good luck!

:lol: Got no beer in the house :(

My babies due date was today but the little :censored: is showing no signs of wanting to come out...

Anyone got any old wives tales on how to get the little git out :)

Currently tried...

• curry
  • sex

how about watching re- runs of latics player from this last few weeks that should do it :sign0068::shock:

My babies due date was today but the little :censored: is showing no signs of wanting to come out...

Anyone got any old wives tales on how to get the little git out :)

Currently tried...

• curry
  • sex

maybe he/she is waiting for penney to go and then labour pains will start ,the moment its latics pains

Edited by boboafc

Aside from sex (including nipple stimulation) and curry, (got to say the man who realised that is a bit of a legend) eating pineapple is apparently good for inducing labour. It is manually possible to break a pregnant woman's waters but that is not recommended unless you are in a hospital (and no hospital is going to do it without medical reasons for at least another week) and can be nice and sterile.

Edited by rudemedic

Bloody hell, when did this become the Way Too Much Information forum?

Aside from the usual ways of coaxing the baby out (which you've obviously already tried, and thanks so much for sharing), acupressure's supposed to be good. You might have a bit of a wait if the due date was only today, though, it's not unusual to be anything up to 10 days over with your first. Good luck!

They say raspberry leaf tea prepares the uterus for labour. God knows whether there's any truth in it but my missus drank gallons of the bloody stuff second time around, in a bid to avoid being induced. Our second was still eight days late but she went into labour naturally.

You don't want (and certainly nor does she) to get as far as induction.

Bum her!

If that fails, tell her you are having an affair then kick her in the fanny!

:petesake:

Beardy. The nations number 1 agony aunt!

:wink:

*hope it goes well fella. If you find a solution let me know - I could really do with my sprog being exactly on time in a couple of months!