I really do not want Gannon anywhere near this club.

Having said that, there is a part of me that would love it, love it if he became our next manager simply to see someone for once give it back to those among our fans who like to give it out but run to their mummy as soon as someone gives it back.

I really do not want Gannon anywhere near this club.

Having said that, there is a part of me that would love it, love it if he became our next manager simply to see someone for once give it back to those among our fans who like to give it out but run to their mummy as soon as someone gives it back.

Gannon Vs The entire Main stand Upper Moaners.

My money is on Gannon in Round 1.

Tbh, I cant stand him. However he could be exactly what this club needs. We have tried established lower division managers, fans favourites, and club legends. So lets try an utter :censored: ing :censored: . see if that works.

I'd be in favour of Gannon, not because he'd stick it to the fans but because he'd ruffle a few feathers in the Boardroom. I was underwhelmed by the appointment Dave and remain so but I find myself not really giving a :censored: whether he's sacked or not. The problems at Latics neither begin nor end with the manager; far from it.

I'd be in favour of Gannon, not because he'd stick it to the fans but because he'd ruffle a few feathers in the Boardroom. I was underwhelmed by the appointment Dave and remain so but I find myself not really giving a :censored: whether he's sacked or not. The problems at Latics neither begin nor end with the manager; far from it.

Never a truer word said there Stevie J - It's at the point now where even a Wenger-esq. manager with a decent budget for our level would struggle. The problems at our club run a hell of a lot deeper than with the manager of the team.

I personally wouldn't like Gannon; I can't seem to offset his abilities in forming a side and playing decent stuff with the fact that he is a complete c*ck.

If Penney is hounded out; I'd like us to plump for an up-and-comer; who doesn't have 'legend' status with us; and isn't associated with the club presently in some sort of guise.

My short list is as follows; this obviously doesn't take into account whether they'd actually want to come here / possible compensation needed - just a potential list like!!

Eddie Howe - Doing a very creditable job in a far from ideal situation at Bournemouth. Has done wonders with no budget and a transfer embargo; forming a side from old pro's and bringing on the youth lads. He is young and ambitious. He seems to be a hands-on 'tracksuit' manager; who has good relationships with players & fans alike (granted that has come from 11 years association with the club). If we manage to prize him away from the South coast; he has the potential to rise and rise in the game; and he could well take us a club with him.

Justin Edinborough - At Rushden & Diamonds and doing well; having served his apprenticeship at Billericay. An on the up manager; still young (for a manager) and still learning; but R&D play attractive football; and he's 'found' (* might be scouts not him I guess) a couple of gems from semi-pro and lower leagues. In a similar style to Howe; one for the future; why not with us?

Gary Speed - Number 2 at Sheffield Utd; comes across as knowledgeable and intelligent in his media dealings (in his post match interviews and as a guest on live games). He's well respected within the game and I'd guess has 1 or 2 contacts from both his playing days & his assistant role. He's also a "Name" that would carry some weight and would grant decent media coverage.

Derek McInnes - St Johnstone manager & doing well (4-1 Vs Ranger last night no less). Again an on the up manager with potential. As a player he was tough as nails; heart on the sleeve midfield yard-dog - and his side reflects that. We'd get passion and effort in every game. If he also happened to smuggle Danny Grainger & Steven Anderson in his suitcase then that would be lovely too!!

That's my suggestions; as I said above - they dont take into account compensation or actual interest in our club; just who'd I like to see.

Once again, why the hell do we believe that if we sacked DP today or whenever, there would be a stream of 'creditable'/'up and coming' managers wanting to apply for position of manager here at the moment?

That's not having a pop at your suggestions Sly and I apologise If it comes over that way - I just do not believe that any decent manager worth his salt at the moment would jump to come here in our current state - both on and off the pitch.

Once again, why the hell do we believe that if we sacked DP today or whenever, there would be a stream of 'creditable'/'up and coming' managers wanting to apply for position of manager here at the moment?

That's not having a pop at your suggestions Sly and I apologise If it comes over that way - I just do not believe that any decent manager worth his salt at the moment would jump to come here in our current state - both on and off the pitch.

Exactly, the replacement would be cheap and totally umproven.

No offence taken; it's not like you called me a poo-head or anything!!!

As i said in my post; my wish-list was obviously that; my wish-list. For all 4 suggestions; I'd guess compo would be needed as all 4 are in employment; and there is absolutely no suggestion any would want to come here (who would eh?)

For the record; I'm in no way a Penney outer; so if my post came across as 'I want 1 of these now' then sorry.

For me; regardless; Penney should be given time to see his job through. Another pre-season and up to Oct / Nov time before any sacking is considered - forgetting about the result; last night was a performance & provided entertainment on the pitch - more of that produced on a regular basis and DP will do for me.

Exactly, the replacement would be cheap and totally umproven.

<Insert new manager's name> clearly hasn't the tactical nouse to get us out of this division, or if he has it is only one way. He has already lost the dressing room, is just picking his favourites and spouts PR nonsense in his interviews.

<Insert new manager's name> OUT!!!

No offence taken; it's not like you called me a poo-head or anything!!!

As i said in my post; my wish-list was obviously that; my wish-list. For all 4 suggestions; I'd guess compo would be needed as all 4 are in employment; and there is absolutely no suggestion any would want to come here (who would eh?)

For the record; I'm in no way a Penney outer; so if my post came across as 'I want 1 of these now' then sorry.

For me; regardless; Penney should be given time to see his job through. Another pre-season and up to Oct / Nov time before any sacking is considered - forgetting about the result; last night was a performance & provided entertainment on the pitch - more of that produced on a regular basis and DP will do for me.

Shut it you poo-head.

<Insert new manager's name> clearly hasn't the tactical nouse to get us out of this division, or if he has it is only one way. He has already lost the dressing room, is just picking his favourites and spouts PR nonsense in his interviews.

<Insert new manager's name> OUT!!!

"S**t [Paddy, Cockney, Welsh, Jock] bast**d, get out of our club."

" Get out of our club"

Edited by Senor_Coconut