Post Game Thread: Gillingham

Yep.

Bloody hell, even if you couldn't hear the PA, did you not notice the big skinhead running onto the pitch?!

yes...but smalleys got a slap head as well...thats my excuse anyway,lol

hey and did anyone notice,we dropped that bloody annoying lets get ready to rumble....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent enough today, we're certainly a better team than 2/3 months ago but clearly still way short of what Sheridan was producing.

Gregan, Lee and Guy did well whilst Worthington and Black were once again bad boys today. Worthington scraps but is simply a poor player and Black, who I have a little hope for, was even worse than when he got a game a couple of weeks back and was even worse than Jacobson. Still a tad better than Lomax on Tuesday though. :grin:

Everybody else was 'acceptably average' I thought. Taylor, Abbott, Whits, Millar, Stephens, Hazel et al. We just did enough to deserve to win the game.

One nagging thought I kept having was for Taylor and Millar to switch sides, temporarily at least. Taylor has been poor/average on the left all season and repeatedly cuts to roam inside and beyond - sounds good but he hardly ever does any damage and always ends up out of position. Furthermore Millar appears to like cutting inside onto his wrong foot. Surely switching them for ten minutes here and there wouldn't do any harm - it's not as if they can have any understanding with the regularly changing fullbacks playing behind them. I think Lee could really play Taylor into some dangerous positions whereas Black struggles to get the ball to him fullstop.

Trust seat ???Directors Box ?????? Again you jump to the wrong conclusion again. !!

I was in my ST seat like most of the games this season. Hometown club can confirm that and others who post on here. !!

You wont find me bragging about anything !! Your parnoid. You have a chip on your shoulder and it bores me !! Thats why I yawned!

You don't have a pie on the other one do you? Couldn't get one at half-time :grin:

two poor sides, we were just a little bit less poor.

good goal from guy and good assist from stephens but i think if they went looking for the ball more often and taylor too, theyd be alot more effective and dangerous.

worthington is awful. 3 games started and for two hes been subbed after an hour and today only 45 mins. hopefully penney doesnt go soft and let him play against his former club on tues becuase hes been as bad as colbeck for the last three games.

all this stuff about flahaven, i feel sorry for lomax. started on tues, not doing so well so penney switched him with lee. he lets grabban get the cross in for the first and gregan glares at him for a good 2 minutes. then he's subbed after the hour and i didnt think he was doing too badly after the switch. and then today he's left out of the squad. surely he's not that bad?

Ritchie and Andy.

FFS leave it alone lads. PM each other, get a room, with or without a view, with or without a brief, I don't really care for a pet squable.

At the end of the day we have just beat one of our main rivals, gained an important 3 points and moved up to 17th. I thought you 2 were mature enough to deal with this properly.

By the way, I believe Nava was correct about both Falv and Greegs

Ritchie and Andy.

FFS leave it alone lads. PM each other, get a room, with or without a view, with or without a brief, I don't really care for a pet squable.

At the end of the day we have just beat one of our main rivals, gained an important 3 points and moved up to 17th. I thought you 2 were mature enough to deal with this properly.

By the way, I believe Nava was correct about both Falv and Greegs

Agree Harry

I have split the posts so it doesnt continue to annoy members ....

Oh .... when..... the ... blues.....

we are staying up say we are staying up

i enjoyed today,there was glimpses of what the team can do but mainly the crowd,it felt like everyone was together it may not have been the best match in the world but enjoyable all the same.

I know DK, I felt the same not the greatest by far but the atmosphere was less heavy and it made it a better place to want to be in for a change

So opinions, would you class this as an ugly win?..... :wink:

It was an ugly win.

There are degrees of win though and this was right at the bottom of my newly invented scale - but the timing and the opposition beaten makes it immensely important.

1) Superb free flowing thrashing

2) Entertaining beating

3) Just edged an close encounter

4) Battling performance where we beat a better side

5) :censored:e performance against a :censored:er side

Whatever. 1 to 5 it's still three points and at this stage of the season it's rather useful.

It was an ugly win.

There are degrees of win though and this was right at the bottom of my newly invented scale - but the timing and the opposition beaten makes it immensely important.

1) Superb free flowing thrashing

2) Entertaining beating

3) Just edged an close encounter

4) Battling performance where we beat a better side

5) :censored:e performance against a :censored:er side

Whatever. 1 to 5 it's still three points and at this stage of the season it's rather useful.

5 it is then

hahahah so does my shrink :grin: :grin: :grin:

Ha, like you've got a shrink.

A job for a madman that one.

Piss poor 1st half today, better 2nd half. A rare improvement post DP team talk.

Ha, like you've got a shrink.

A job for a madman that one.

Piss poor 1st half today, better 2nd half. A rare improvement post DP team talk.

but it's only a little fun innit gee whizz there is that much apathy around these day's.i sometimes wonder if god has designated oldham as the chosen site to declare armagedon...LIGHTEN UP