Your X1 for next season if we don't sign anyone....

If you think it's pointless, just don't post.

GK: Greg Fleming

RB: Kieran Lee

CB: Sean Gregan

CB: Rueben Hazell

LB: Joe Jacobsen

RM: Kirk Millar

CM: Dale Stephens

CM: Whittaker / Furman

LM: Chris Taylor

CF: Pawel Abbott

CF: Alessandra/Eaves

Jesus, that team is :censored:e.

We need signings.

We need a left footed midfield player. Why has taylor just remained on the left since he started playing there instead of us actually signing someone who can play there so he can go back on the right?

Jesus, that team is :censored:e.

We need signings.

Exactly. The thing is though, that is better than what has started for the past two games.

I thought before Brentford that it was the worst starting 11 for about as far back as I can remember... even the teams in post Moore era were better than that IMO.

Dark days.

If that is our starting lineup next season then I will take scond bottom now

bar Taylor and possibly Stephens I'd sign a completely new midfield, get rid of Whittaker and Furman and bring in someone decent, Millar is one for the future, unless we bring in a new manager that can get the best out of Smalley then get rid of him too. I'd also bring in someone Nardiello

4-4-2 as it should be

Brill

Holdsworth

Gregan

Hazell

Black

Millar

Lee

Purdie

Taylor

Abbott

Smalley

I have seen nothing from Deane Smalley over 3 seasons that suggests he is a worthy centre forward. Winger perhaps, but not a striker.

Lee ahead of Stephens in midfield? Really?

Black ahead of Jacobsen? I think Penney's had a falling out with JJ but he's a better player than Black.

Ah well, each to his own I suppose.

Edited by opinions4u

I have seen nothing from Deane Smalley over 3 seasons that suggests he is a worthy centre forward. Winger perhaps, but not a striker.

Lee ahead of Stephens in midfield? Really?

Black ahead of Jacobsen? I think Penney's had a falling out with JJ but he's a better player than Black.

Ah well, each to his own I suppose.

Each to their own, yeah Black ahead of jj, (he's injured at the mo again) and that is a main reason, give youth a chance. Plus more attacking than jj.

Reason to smalley up top, well secondary striker position, best of the rest currently at bp.

Lee has more direct attacking flair than stephen', believe he can unlock n beat a man especially when doesn't have the shackles of being last man.

each to their own, but at the moment DP still is thinking for himself and not taking advice from me

Edited by TawnyOwl

CAn;t see that tempting GAnnon!

GK:.......................................... Brill REckon Fleming is a goner

Despite our defensive record silly goals have cost us (and heads dropping, defence needs a bit of ashake up

RB:.......................................... Kieran Lee, Black

CB:.......................................... Rueben Hazell

RM: Chris Taylor (or CRM if still troubled by his injury .......................................... Kirk Millar, Black

CM:..........................................

LM: ..........................................

CF: .......................................... Alessandra/Eaves

Bin

Smalley not progrssed

Whittaker too old and not lived up to billing

PArker if poss

Question marks over Brooke and Ollerenshaw, not progressed as hoped but still must be nurtured, should not be expected to be regulars yet.

Edited by singe

GK Brill

RB Holdsworth

CB Gregan

CB New Signing

LB Lee

RW Taylor

CM Stephens

CM Purdie

LW Colbeck

CF Abbott

CF New Signing

subs

Ruben

new keeper

new winger

Eaves

Millar

New Striker

furman

plus as squad players: keep allessandra jacobson/black and new centre mid

Not pointless, just very worrying.

I don't think we can assemble a decent team from the squad of players we currently have.

We really do have a very poor squad and next season will be very much like this if we do not change things considerably, both in terms of playing personnel and manager.

I've watched every home game this season and quite a few aways, I don't think we have a lack of desire or passion, I think we have a massive lack of ability, you can't polish a turd.

I don't think we can assemble a decent team from the squad of players we currently have.

We really do have a very poor squad and next season will be very much like this if we do not change things considerably, both in terms of playing personnel and manager.

I've watched every home game this season and quite a few aways, I don't think we have a lack of desire or passion, I think we have a massive lack of ability, you can't polish a turd.

We've had a pretty pants squad for a number of seasons; we've had competitive 1st XI's but as soon as injury or suspension bites; we struggle.

We have no depth; as soon as a few 1st teamers are out; we're down to the youth lads.

The above teams are a worry; well more than a worry really as those sides would see us in a worse position than a Stockport; but to sort it out fully would take more money than we have; or have had in the last couple of seasons put together.

It's a vicious circle unfortunately - we need to cut the deadwood; but there isn't the money to replace them.

For example; Lomax & Black are deemed squad players; one's to come in when needed; but they are basically very average players (and that's me being nice). Once those sorts of players are in our side; we become an even poorer side than we are with our 1st team playing. They need to be culled; as they aren't the type of player that we need to be making 10+ appearances for us if we want to be top half of the table. Unfortunately; financially wise; they are exactly the type of player we will have to have.

Ideal world; the whole squad needs ripping up & starting again. I personally can't stand it when June / July brings with it the usual mass exits and then influx of fresh players; stability & continuity of squad is just decimated. However; with the current roster; that's exactly what needs to happen.

You have to be brutal sometimes; and some of our players are just not up to it. For me those who's contracts are up (I Believe) & should be released are:

Whittaker

Lomax

Ollerenshaw

Dawson

Rowney

Black

Aljofree

Brooke

Hazell (poss harsh but a younger replacement could be found)

I'd look to offload Lewis Alice & Smalley.

Lee is worth a fresh 1 year deal as Mr Versatility (been very impressive as our RB recently).Youth wise; I'd be offering pro deals to Eaves, Millar, McGrath & Bemba-Lita

Of the others; I think it's going to be very hard to move on the likes of Holdsworth & Worthington et all as they have the security of 2 year deals (3 in the case of Furman).

So; that's a starting basis of

Brill

Holdsworth

Gregan

JJ

Lee

Stephens

Taylor

Furman

Pawel

Worthington

Purdie

+ the youngsters.

When you look at that; you start to see the size of the task that awaits DP or whoever is in charge.

In the words of LaticNik

E4e

WORRYING

Edited by slystallone

We've had a pretty pants squad for a number of seasons; we've had competitive 1st XI's but as soon as injury or suspension bites; we struggle.

We have no depth; as soon as a few 1st teamers are out; we're down to the youth lads.

The above teams are a worry; well more than a worry really as those sides would see us in a worse position than a Stockport; but to sort it out fully would take more money than we have; or have had in the last couple of seasons put together.

It's a vicious circle unfortunately - we need to cut the deadwood; but there isn't the money to replace them.

For example; Lomax & Black are deemed squad players; one's to come in when needed; but they are basically very average players (and that's me being nice). Once those sorts of players are in our side; we become an even poorer side than we are with our 1st team playing. They need to be culled; as they aren't the type of player that we need to be making 10+ appearances for us if we want to be top half of the table. Unfortunately; financially wise; they are exactly the type of player we will have to have.

Ideal world; the whole squad needs ripping up & starting again. I personally can't stand it when June / July brings with it the usual mass exits and then influx of fresh players; stability & continuity of squad is just decimated. However; with the current roster; that's exactly what needs to happen.

You have to be brutal sometimes; and some of our players are just not up to it. For me those who's contracts are up (I Believe) & should be released are:

Whittaker

Lomax

Ollerenshaw

Dawson

Rowney

Black

Aljofree

Brooke

Hazell (poss harsh but a younger replacement could be found)

I'd look to offload Lewis Alice & Smalley.

Lee is worth a fresh 1 year deal as Mr Versatility (been very impressive as our RB recently).Youth wise; I'd be offering pro deals to Eaves, Millar, McGrath & Bemba-Lita

Of the others; I think it's going to be very hard to move on the likes of Holdsworth & Worthington et all as they have the security of 2 year deals (3 in the case of Furman).

So; that's a starting basis of

Brill

Holdsworth

Gregan

JJ

Lee

Stephens

Taylor

Furman

Pawel

Worthington

Purdie

+ the youngsters.

When you look at that; you start to see the size of the task that awaits DP or whoever is in charge.

In the words of LaticNik

E4e

WORRYING

Think that is a vey good assessment.

In the words of Nk

E4e

DPSHT !

To be fiar, on paper that should not be a poor side, it's just the reality is that it is.

Edited by singe