Taylor out for rest of season

I don't think you will ever see Kieren Lee play in the centre of midfield for Latics, he is way too lightweight.

I'm not a big fan of whitaker either so whether Lee is a better passer than him is neither here nor there for me, I don't want to see either in our midfield.

Lightweight????.........Oh, you mean like Paul Scholes, Mike Milligan, Nick Henry, Alan Ball, Bryan Flynn,...................what's this obsession with size..................if you can play football you don't need to be a flamin bruiser!!!

Lightweight????.........Oh, you mean like Paul Scholes, Mike Milligan, Nick Henry, Alan Ball, Bryan Flynn,...................what's this obsession with size..................if you can play football you don't need to be a flamin bruiser!!!

Ricardo Wellenisnho wasnt big either!

You picked a right bunch of soft-arses to prove your point there!

It is nothing to do with Lee's size (which incidentally I never said it was), it is evereything to do with how easily he is manourvered off the ball and out muscled when I've seen him play in midfield.

You're right you don't need to be a bruiser but you very much do need to be able to hold you're own, something all the players you mention could do and something I think Lee struggles with or he would probably already be playing in someone's midfield.

Time will tell of coarse but my bet is he will never be a central midfield player at Latics, a right back maybe.

It is nothing to do with Lee's size (which incidentally I never said it was), it is evereything to do with how easily he is manourvered off the ball and out muscled when I've seen him play in midfield.

You're right you don't need to be a bruiser but you very much do need to be able to hold you're own, something all the players you mention could do and something I think Lee struggles with or he would probably already be playing in someone's midfield.

Time will tell of coarse but my bet is he will never be a central midfield player at Latics, a right back maybe.

Agree - posted on another thread that he needs to toughen up - look at Messi - small in stature (*) but he is nigh impossible to muscle off the ball.

(*) - obviously that's where the comparison ends... :grin:

You haven't seen Kieran Lee bossing any midfields in a Latics shirt (because its never happened), he had one decent game there away at Crewe on Boxing Day 2008 against poor and relegated opposition.

Other than that he has looked very lightweight and far too easily muscled off the ball when played in midfield, he has shown some promise recently at RB, but not in midfield IMO.

Think thats part of the reason DP is playin Lee at right back...to toughen him up on the physical side of his game.

Good choice seein as he's playing well there too.

Edited by bensonio