budget cuts for next season

He's right though isn't he?

Granted there's a whole combination of reasons why attendances have dropped, but ultimately that is the sole reason revenue is down.

Less fans = smaller budget... Smaller budget = worse players (we can argue all we want but this is the most likely outcome regardless of who is manager)... Worse players = poor results... Poor results = less fans... and we start again...

Only way to correct it is to give people a reason to start coming again other than we are suppose to because we have some sort of connection with the area at some point.

Edited by oafc0000

Less fans = smaller budget... Smaller budget = worse players (we can argue all we want but this is the most likely outcome regardless of who is manager)... Worse players = poor results... Poor results = less fans... and we start again...

Not really no, was the money wisely invested in players last closed season? imo it wasn't, I'm certain there would have been a better players than KP for £65k had he looked around more, even bought 2/3 players for the £65k.

Not really no

You are expecting a miracle really if you expect Latics to compete with the likes of Sheff Wednesday / Huddersfield etc based on 3,000 crowds unless someone is prepared to bankroll us.

It was one thing expecting DP to do something on a 5,000+ average, quite another on a 3,000 average.... The difference is quite big...

I expected us to be top ten this season. Next season I expect Latics to be just above or in the relegation zone come end of the season.

Edited by oafc0000

You are expecting a miracle really if you expect Latics to compete with the likes of Sheff Wednesday / Huddersfield etc based on 3,000 crowds unless someone is prepared to bankroll us.

It was one thing expecting DP to do something on a 5,000+ average, quite another on a 3,000 average.... The difference is quite big...

I expected us to be top ten this season. Next season I expect Latics to be just above or in the relegation zone come end of the season.

I wasn't and unfortunately a bankroll is the only way out of this, I expected mid table, with more attack minded tactics I feel we could have been in a better position than what we are in now, hence the way I felt after Saturday and how I feel about this Saturday and next season, similar to this season for me but with a different approach to the games it could be marginally better I feel.

Edited by tangerinedreams

I wasn't and unfortunately a bankroll is the only way out of this, I expected mid table, with more attack minded tactics I feel we could have been in a better position than what we are in now, hence the way I felt after Saturday and how I feel about this Saturday and next season, similar to this season for me but with a different approach to the games it could be marginally better I feel.

I don't see how the budget pretty much halves and that results in a better finish. Time will tell.

Its a bit like the general election this :) Cut the budget and maintain front line jobs my arse :lol:

Edited by oafc0000

If a bankroll is the only way out of this are we already punching above our weight? Is League One our new Championship?

Another way out of this is to get fans through the gates, for the fans to support the club. The fans have a responsibility too which they are shurking and have been for a couple of seasons, myself included.

I've got a season ticket bought for next season and I'll be there.

If a bankroll is the only way out of this are we already punching above our weight? Is League One our new Championship?

Another way out of this is to get fans through the gates, for the fans to support the club. The fans have a responsibility too which they are shurking and have been for a couple of seasons, myself included.

I've got a season ticket bought for next season and I'll be there.

Good on you Macca, I have 2 weeks in which to make my mind up and careful thought and consideration will be taken into account when I come to my decision.

The onus is really being put on the fans.....Commit to a season supporting a squad put together with a smaller budget than this season!

And how dire has this been??

Albeit this seasons squad was littered with poor additions.

The marketing guy is going to have to earn his corn with this one!

we need everyone who has had season ticket in the last 4 years to buy one again.

The club have lost a lot of money since xmas for many different reason.

The Manager has made mistakes, everyone can see that, I just hope he learns from them and makes the team stronger any way he can

£13 a game for a season ticket is still a decent buy considering many non leagues games are more when you pay on the day