your high's and low's of 2009/2010

high point: ooh roger palmer. end of.

low point: not so much a single point, but the slow nagging feeling that developed over the last few months that i didn't want the season ticket that i've had for each of the last 23 years anymore because every game i was just looking forward to the final whistle so i could go home again. i realised this season i have fallen out of love with the club that used to mean (almost) everything to me.

low point: not so much a single point, but the slow nagging feeling that developed over the last few months that i didn't want the season ticket that i've had for each of the last 23 years anymore because every game i was just looking forward to the final whistle so i could go home again. i realised this season i have fallen out of love with the club that used to mean (almost) everything to me.

Exacty what has happened to me this season, I am gutted......still now I will renew in the hope of a new beggining!

Highs - The Littlewoods Cup Dinner, good performances v The Mongs, at Charlton and Southampton, the form of Sean Gregan.

Lows - rolling over against any half-decent team. 22 out of the 23 home games, scoring 39 goals all season absolutely soul-destroyingly boring, The fans becoming increasingly fractured and the owners being more and more distant.

On a personal note it has been a season of highs and lows, my illness (from which I have fully recovered) and i'm now Looking forward to a good summer, I've passed my second teaching practice, just an assignment to hand in and I graduate on 19th July with QTS. I get to be my best mate's Best Man this summer and my boy starts secondary school in September. Lots to look forward to...oh and England's glorious failure in South Africa! Oh and i'm sure if i'm lucky there'll be some sort of trip to the Med.

I hope all my fellow Latics have a great summer, and look forward to the next season with a renewed optimism and hopefully many more will return to the club and commit to a season ticket if you can. I hope we appoint a manager that can at least provide some entertainment. Over to you TTA..

Highs - The Littlewoods Cup Dinner, good performances v The Mongs, at Charlton and Southampton, the form of Sean Gregan.

Lows - rolling over against any half-decent team. 22 out of the 23 home games, scoring 39 goals all season absolutely soul-destroyingly boring, The fans becoming increasingly fractured and the owners being more and more distant.

On a personal note it has been a season of highs and lows, my illness (from which I have fully recovered) and i'm now Looking forward to a good summer, I've passed my second teaching practice, just an assignment to hand in and I graduate on 19th July with QTS. I get to be my best mate's Best Man this summer and my boy starts secondary school in September. Lots to look forward to...oh and England's glorious failure in South Africa! Oh and i'm sure if i'm lucky there'll be some sort of trip to the Med.

I hope all my fellow Latics have a great summer, and look forward to the next season with a renewed optimism and hopefully many more will return to the club and commit to a season ticket if you can. I hope we appoint a manager that can at least provide some entertainment. Over to you TTA..

Oh and of course the Dodger's reception yesterday first time in months (nay years) it felt good to be a Latic!

WTF, a team of Whitaker's are you kidding, I don't think he has much ability or effort, try a team of Wellens's.

So are you saying you would rather have a team of Colbecks?

Good luck with that.

I want effort and ability, not just effort, all the effort in the world is a total waste of time without ability.

Ideally I think it might be a good idea to get players with ability who put some effort in, rather than no ability but stacks of effort.

Whittaker has more ability when he tries than half of the squad.

It isn't common at our level with our budget to have a player with both ability and effort & was lucky with wellens, majority of the time its not much ability and effort or ability but no effort.

If you want effort and ability, we need fresh investment from a very rich person.

Also, all the ability in the world is a total waste of time without effort.

High point. MK Dons at home. Penney leaving

Low Point. The majority of our signings mainly Joe Colbeck and Keigan Parker. For different reasons but ultimately both :censored:e. Games wise. Hartlepool at home, Leeds three times.. list is endless. BORE.

chin up fella... :unsure:

highs-seeing roger palmer on the hallowed turf again, actually seeing latics play some entertaing stuff and winning v mk and the countless achievments of captain fantastic himself. the emergence of some talented prospects(lee stephens eaves etc) Oh and a quality weekend in norwich

lows-the overal lack of quality throughout our entire squad but the biggest dissapointment fo me is the lack of form from some of last seasons top performers. ie taylor and smalley. and also the lack of impact made my most recruits to this club this season. especially likes of furman purdie colbeck and worthington

I haven't got time to read through this thread.

My highs were the final 25 minutes at home v Colchester (10 men) :zigga::comeon:, meeting the California Girls :United_States: and seeing Rodger Palmer on Saturday. :pow:

My lows are too many to mention, but I must mention the Club's treatment of the California Girls. :disappointed:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I haven't got time to read through this thread.

Not read through the thread – just posting mine up – guess it will be the same for a lot of the previous posts?

High(s): Dale Stephens coming into the side & looking the part. The form, passion & desire of our Captiain Mr Sean Gregan. Roger Palmer back at BP on sat. That’s it!!

Low(s): Pretty much the whole season; but Hartlepool at home with Dean Brills shocking mistakes summed up in 90mins & 6 or 7 of his teammates’ not bothering either, or Tranmere at Home in the ultimate 0-0 shocker spring to mind.

Oh; and special mention to Andy Collett for the comment of the season – ball in the air; travelling towards Greegs; Collett shouts ‘Head It’. WTF? Showed me in 1 little snippet what was wrong behind the scenes Coaching wise that did. Head It; FFS!!!

High - Staying up.

Low - Watching the competition amongst the fans to be the one who can appear the most disgusted with a miss-placed pass or write the most negative comment on this board about player X despite spending most of the 90 minutes staring at the away fans.

High - I have 3 - 1. Palmer at the ground Saturday!- 2. DP sacked (what a great week) 3. After watching Colbeck run down the wing, One of the Chaddy enders shouting "Colbeck where did you park your horse?" after laughing for a good 10minutes every time he touched the ball there were horse noises and shouts of "Colbeck why the long face! ect ect................. Brilliant!

Low - I don't go many away games but I would say most of the Home games have been awful- Accrington Stanley, Wycome at Home was as bad as I can remember. Also DP after game team talks, Awful including his programme notes again pitiful!

High - Staying up.

Low - Watching the competition amongst the fans to be the one who can appear the most disgusted with a miss-placed pass or write the most negative comment on this board about player X despite spending most of the 90 minutes staring at the away fans.

:lol: