Who should we sign

Not sure but he is not first choice anymore but may not want to drop down to League One

Maybe not but I'm sure he'd rather play first team football in League One than keep the bench warm in the Championship (if they don't go up)...if not, he's only there for the money and we don't want that type of player anyway!

Would windass really leave sky sports news? haha! I love his comments :grin:

This is summat like he would say "Errrmmm.... There was this guy who ran down the left, no right side and passed it for sum guy to put in the net. Errrmmm.... Yeah back to you"

To start off with

Tom Kennedy (Rochdale - out of contract) - best left back in league 2 last season, easily cut it at league 1 - even higher. No suprise Doncaster want him.

David Perkins (Colchester - out of contract), - ran rings around our team enough times in recent years.

Dawson (Bury - out of contract), - Just as good as Stephens. Bury's captain and the only player all their fans rate.

Adam Clayton (Man City loan), - done well at Carlisle on loan

(Will Atkinson (Hull, Loan), - no suprise dale started to f*ck up when he went back to Hull. Cheeky loan bid though wouldnt be suprised to see him be a regular for Hull next season. Class player.

Westcarr (Notts County - out of contract) - best contracted right winger in league 2 last season. easily cut it at league 1. No suprise County have offered him a new deal.

Still not sure on strikers.

If Gannon does become manager, i'll be very suprised if he doesnt go for Perkins. He's always been a big fan of his.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

To start off with

Tom Kennedy (Rochdale - out of contract) - best left back in league 2 last season, easily cut it at league 1 - even higher. No suprise Doncaster want him.

David Perkins (Colchester - out of contract), - ran rings around our team enough times in recent years.

Dawson (Bury - out of contract), - Just as good as Stephens. Bury's captain and the only player all their fans rate.

Adam Clayton (Man City loan), - done well at Carlisle on loan

(Will Atkinson (Hull, Loan), - no suprise dale started to f*ck up when he went back to Hull. Cheeky loan bid though wouldnt be suprised to see him be a regular for Hull next season. Class player.

Westcarr (Notts County - out of contract) - best contracted right winger in league 2 last season. easily cut it at league 1. No suprise County have offered him a new deal.

Still not sure on strikers.

If Gannon does become manager, i'll be very suprised if he doesnt go for Perkins. He's always been a big fan of his.

Cool; a sensible post putting some possible realistic signings forward – wehey!!

Another from Hull would be The lad Cullen; young striker. With them going down; he may (like an Andy Carroll) get a fair few first team starts out of necessity; but if not – then a season long loan at a L1 side that offers regular starts might be an attractive option for player & club?

Ben Tozer from Newcastle (ex Swindon) is a young CB I’ve heard very good things from my Brother-In-Law who is a Newcastle ST holder. Young and to a degree still a tad raw; but is big and pacey. Season loan material. They also have a young striker; Nile Ranger – looks like Ameobi’s brother; but isn’t! Awkward and Rangy (no pun intended); and doesn’t really know what he’s going to next a lot of the time; but is something very different and Championship defenders have struggled when he’s had small cameo appearances. Season Loan please!

Guillem Bauza has just been released at Swansea – attacking midfielder / Striker with a bit of craft & gile. Scored when at L1 with Swansea. Free transfer available.

I watch a few SPL games on TV; and these 2 at unfashionable Hamilton have impressed me:

James Wesolowski and Simon Mensing. Wesolowski is on loan from Leicester City; maybe an English league club loan might be an attractive option after a spell in the bottom of the SPL? Mensing would involve a fee I think; so that will realisticlly rule him out; but he is a midfielder who would make a difference. Wesolowski could be get-able though.

Striker wise; 2 more that are more hope rather than knowledge are Rowan Vine & Warren Feeney – I don’t know if either of them are out of contract come the summer; but neither have figured much for their Championship sides this season; but both did ever so well in L1 when they were last here with previous clubs.

As per last season; there are lots & lots of options for players this summer – whether on free transfers or on season long loans – the question is can we hope to have a budget that will allow any of them to join up?

Edited by slystallone

The fact that Rocky is something of a Rochdale fan and is praising a Bury player (so not well liked by Dale fans) speaks highly of him.

Nile Ranger is a good player and one I'd like us to go after (I've heard some good reports from my Barcode mates), however, I'm not so sure the Geordies will let him go to us on a season long loan. It will depend a great deal on who they can buy/and keep (especially Carroll- out of prison) up front, but he'd definately be worth a cheeky enquiry.

There are a few good buys out there but I suppose it depends on what our budget is and the extra cost.

Jay Rodriguez on loan, young striker from Burnley was in touching distance of BP when Barnsley called earlier in the year. Get him on 6 months loan. :grin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Rodriguez

Trotman on season long loan as well please! :blink:

Bas Savage- (Sorry I'm a fan :blush: ), big strong, set goals up

Matt Tubbs- Mid twenties bags goals in Blue square, hes signed a new contract with Salisbury but worth a punt! or the other Richard Brodie, hes banged a few goals in the lower leagues.

Mark Roberts big centre half and captain of Stevenage another maybe worth a go!

Jay Rodriguez on loan, young striker from Burnley was in touching distance of BP when Barnsley called earlier in the year. Get him on 6 months loan. :grin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Rodriguez

Trotman on season long loan as well please! :blink:

Bas Savage- (Sorry I'm a fan :blush: ), big strong, set goals up

Matt Tubbs- Mid twenties bags goals in Blue square, hes signed a new contract with Salisbury but worth a punt! or the other Richard Brodie, hes banged a few goals in the lower leagues.

Mark Roberts big centre half and captain of Stevenage another maybe worth a go!

Aaah – another interesting post with some interesting names throwing in – then you spoil it with that; it’s a proper pet hate of mine that; what exactly is a “punt”? As in to us; what is a punt? £2K? £5K £20K or a £65k ‘punt like Furman or Colbeck?

I like the sound of a club like us going and recruiting from the lower leagues – as other posters have stated; there is talent out there that could make the step up to league 1 BUT it is a misnomer that they can be picked up for cheap. Look at Peterborough and how much they spent on Boyd and Macail-Smith – not exactly peanuts.

Nile Ranger is a good player and one I'd like us to go after (I've heard some good reports from my Barcode mates), however, I'm not so sure the Geordies will let him go to us on a season long loan. It will depend a great deal on who they can buy/and keep (especially Carroll- out of prison) up front, but he'd definately be worth a cheeky enquiry.

Got to admit the press release from Newcastle says that they ain't signing much and players like Ranger will be given the chance over the next few seasons.

I'd love him here on loan, everytime I see him he impresses. But I think there's little to no chance. If anything they'd plonk him out to a Doncaster/Leeds/Norwich lower Championship type team.

Wouldn't mind Tom Heaton if we could get him. Goalkeeper is a priority to me.

Aaah – another interesting post with some interesting names throwing in – then you spoil it with that; it’s a proper pet hate of mine that; what exactly is a “punt”? As in to us; what is a punt? £2K? £5K £20K or a £65k ‘punt like Furman or Colbeck?

I like the sound of a club like us going and recruiting from the lower leagues – as other posters have stated; there is talent out there that could make the step up to league 1 BUT it is a misnomer that they can be picked up for cheap. Look at Peterborough and how much they spent on Boyd and Macail-Smith – not exactly peanuts.

I don't know how much they will cost, just a wish list, but if we can pay the reported 60k for Colbeck sure we can afford 2k, 5k, 20k or even 65K for a lower league marksman! we still may consider Taylor, Richards may get sold in the summer and they could bring in funds to "Punt" for a lower league marksman, there are diamonds out there Fitz springs to mind? Like i said a wish list, glad I never said Messi!

Punt - (football) a kick in which the football is dropped from the hands and kicked before it touches the ground; "the punt traveled 50 yards"; "punting is an important part of the game" ................................so SLY dont underestimate the Power of the word PUNT!!!!!