I've just been down to the club shop and I am 87%* sure that I saw Andy Holt coming out of the main doors.

Could have been just there for a catch up with Hardy or anyone else still at the club, but seemed strange.

Is he still at Northampton?

*Obviously there is a 13% chance I was mistaken. But I'm fairly certain I wasn't!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been down to the club shop and I am 87%* sure that I saw Andy Holt coming out of the main doors.

Could have been just there for a catch up with Hardy or anyone else still at the club, but seemed strange.

Is he still at Northampton?

*Obviously there is a 13% chance I was mistaken. But I'm fairly certain I wasn't!

......and then you woke up and realised it was all just a horrible nightmare

*shudders*

Oh *!

<edited the swear for you!!>

I liked Holty as a player when he was with us. Solid & dependable. He has added LWB & LM to his game since and i'd say is a pretty decent L2 & L1 player.

Not for one moment saying that i think he should be target #1 & that we should snap him up - but he's hardly an 'oh f**k' player.........

Edited by wardlelatic

If he does come back at least I'll be able to apologise to him for single-handedly giving him sponsor's man of the match against Wigan in 1998 when he patently wasn't. :lol:

(Everyone else was too pissed, and I decided the number of times Littlejohn was getting MoM was becoming embarrassing. Besides we lost 3-2 and I thought Holt had done the least wrong in the last 15 minutes.

Having been substituted.)

A solid player who would be unspectacular and if signed would, in my view, signal the extent of our ambitions as League One survival.

Am I right in thinking he's moved forward to left midfield since leaving us?

As in left wing??? Or the left hand side of a central two?

Im sure he setup a goal with a cross from the left wing position a few weeks ago but dunno if he plays there all the time. Didnt he have a decent long throw? Having a left footed wide man would be a decent signing even if Holt is no Messi at least someone was watching us last season and trying to put things right

Assuming this isnt a wind up

Edited by bluehobbit

As in left wing. But perhaps more of a left hand side of a solid four rather than an out and out winger.

We could do with a few more left footers at the club.

(To balance out all those Jews if nothing else... arf arf.... :lol::getmecoat: )

As in left wing. But perhaps more of a left hand side of a solid four rather than an out and out winger.

We could do with a few more left footers at the club.

(To balance out all those Jews if nothing else... arf arf.... :lol::getmecoat: )

Bit like that lad from millwall a couple of season ago

hahah

On the other hand, Akinfenwa has also rejected a two year deal. Double swoop perhaps :wink:

Akinfenwa is someone i wouldnt mind seeing here on a 12 month deal

Still remember him scoring against us for torquay and outmuscling Guy Branston for 90 mins. When he was on the ball nobody could get near him

Holt gives us something different (when was the last time we did something from a throw-in) and he has scored one of the best goals I've seen by a Latics player (I think it was against the donkey boys). Would I have him back- no. Would I be gutted if he came back- no. One ex-Oldham player of a similar vintage came back not that long ago and he went from sh**e to alright.

<edited the swear for you!!>

I liked Holty as a player when he was with us. Solid & dependable. He has added LWB & LM to his game since and i'd say is a pretty decent L2 & L1 player.

Not for one moment saying that i think he should be target #1 & that we should snap him up - but he's hardly an 'oh f**k' player.........

So did I but two words for you READING AWAY...