Been too busy to post this before, was at the club yesterday buying the new kit and Oldham's finest ever footballer David Platt was there. He was smartly dressed and when I asked him why he was here he just laughed and said no comment. Has there been any odds on him? Anyone else see him? His head is even bigger in real life.

Would he fit the bill? I know he has TV work but maybe he fancies another crack at management.

Been too busy to post this before, was at the club yesterday buying the new kit and Oldham's finest ever footballer David Platt was there. He was smartly dressed and when I asked him why he was here he just laughed and said no comment. Has there been any odds on him? Anyone else see him? His head is even bigger in real life.

Would he fit the bill? I know he has TV work but maybe he fancies another crack at management.

a real crowd attracter

a real crowd attracter

Would have good likes with Arsenal and one of the best England players of his generation. Would be more attractive than Gray I would imagine.

Its not all about getting the crowd in otherwise they'd appoint Lolly Badcock as manager.

Edited by ritchie82

Would have good likes with Arsenal and one of the best England players of his generation. Would be more attractive than Gray I would imagine.

Its not all about getting the crowd in otherwise they'd appoint Lolly Badcock as manager.

:queerim9::wink:

I was wondering how long it'd take for this to be posted.

I suspect you were the lad I passed on my way into the club shop yesterday if you were speaking to him? I did a double take but couldn't quite put my finger on who he was.

And yes, that is quite a swede he has on him.

I suspect you were the lad I passed on my way into the club shop yesterday if you were speaking to him? I did a double take but couldn't quite put my finger on who he was.

Ah, first the breaking news then the subtle embelishment.

Victor, get writing those odds.

Coaching and media career

Within months of leaving Arsenal, Platt returned to Sampdoria as Head Coach, a controversial stint which ended prematurely, with other clubs protesting that Platt did not have the appropriate coaching qualifications for managing in Serie A. Platt resigned before Sampdoria were relegated to Serie B.

In July 1999 Platt was appointed manager of Nottingham Forest, who had just been relegated from the Premier League. He actually made a playing comeback in the 1999-2000 season, playing three Division One games, and scoring once against Crystal Palace at the start of the following season.[1]

He was manager at the City Ground for two seasons, but had little success despite spending several million pounds on players who did not perform well and plunging the club into large sums of debt. Platt's tenure at Forest was marred by disagreements with several experienced, long-serving players, leading to them being isolated from the first-team picture and subsequently released by the club. He is still hugely unpopular with many Forest fans who blame him for the club's decline on and off the field during the 2000s, which culminated in relegation to the league's third tier four years after his departure.

Platt was appointed manager of the England Under-21 side on 17 July 2001, which brought a little more success than his stint at Forest. He guided them to qualification for the U-21 European Championships in 2002. He left this role after failing to qualify for the 2004 tournament and was succeeded by Peter Taylor. Platt is now seen as a media pundit often for England U21 matches.

He writes a regular column for FourFourTwo magazine, commenting on tactics.

Ah, first the breaking news then the subtle embelishment.

Victor, get writing those odds.

It has been rumoured though in the past when the job has become available. No surprise it has again really. Considering some of those on the odds list it's not that far fetched is it.

Surely all these interviews would be held away from BP?

And about the 5th time that the person has been in the club shop. SI everyone on here unemployed?

Perhaps it forms part of the interview process.

David Platts notes

new chaddy the owls-check, well stocked with window stickers-check, empty space for new shirts; they re flying off the shelves....

I don't know about the odds, but I'd be willing to put £50 on a sudden apprearance in the Chron of cert ain Mr Platt......

Edited by singe

Surely all these interviews would be held away from BP?

And about the 5th time that the person has been in the club shop. SI everyone on here unemployed?

You don't have to be dole scum to be able to nip to a shop at dinner time.

I would think if you want a chat with Alan Hardy then BP is the place you'll get to meet with him. I was suprised as you'd think they'd keep it on the quiet.

He might not be in for the job but he did walk out of the entrance next to the ticket office and he does have a massive head.

You talking to yourself?

It seems two people being at the club during the season ticket discount period and a new kit launch is too much for some people to believe.

Can't be true if two people saw him, believed it when it was only one.

Email Hardy, David Platt was at BP yesterday.

I think I will stick to posting about my group 'adult' sessions with Omar and Earl, they seem to carry more weight. Mind they are reasonably connected, Omar has the biggest head I have ever seen but only when you make it angry. Ask Lee Sinnott.

Edited by ritchie82

It seems two people being at the club during the season ticket discount period and a new kit launch is too much for some people to believe.

I think I will stick to posting about my group 'adult' sessions with Omar and Earl, they seem to carry more weight. Mind they are reasonably connected, Omar has the biggest head I have ever seen but only when you make it angry. Ask Lee Sinnott.

I prefer your tales of promiscuity tbh :wink:

I agree.

He's right.

When I first read this thread; I text my old Uni housemate who’s a Forest fan; this reply has just come through:

“There’s a song we sing at forest that goes ‘Brain Cloughs a football genius; David Platts a Fookin idiot’ (catchy hey?) Prob sums it up. PRAY, PRAY PRAY you don’t get him, he single handlely ruined us in his (thankfully) brief spell at the helm” (sic)

So, should fit right in here then…….