Barry Owen role in the club

Forte_Baby

How could the club be any more split on the big issues that affect it? I'm not sure that the split is as big as you claim. Polls don't seem to back that up. Any move would always upset some of the fans; it's the price of change

We have a declining fanbase who are, on the whole, desperately worried by the prospect that the new stadium could be a major mistake for the club while the disapproval fuels certain peoples' belief that the owners have some sneaky way of making millions out of the sale of the Boundary Park site. This idea that the owners can make a packet out of the move has no basis in fact, simple knowledge of land values would clear that one up (as has been done many times). Those that choose not to belive the facts are unlikely to suddenly have a damascene moment. They are more likely to point fingers at the next group (trust, media , whatever) that point out the facts.

This is poisonous for the fans' morale and I would argue very strongly that had more information been made available from the off with regards to the available sites then we would have less of an issue with it now. See point above about biggotted people who choose not to listen to facts

Wouldn't you agree that had the Trust been able to put some sort of commission in place to look at this, then people would view the results with more faith? No, people still suggest unrealistic sites - higginshaw gas works - only 2 miles from anything other than single lane, single carriageway, but people think it's an option?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the by, first off I would state that I am not of the opinion that there is anything untoward going on with regards the stadium but I know a number of people who do not feel the same way and not all of them are idiots, conspiracy-nuts or hysterical rumour-mongers. Furthermore some of them are connected to the club through various relationships and all of them have a different take on what is happening - so if people who have contact with club officials cannot make a cohesive decision on the merits of the stadium then what hope have we got? One, and that is to have an independent and trusted group look at the situation and I think that should be the Trust. One Trust member who sits on the board cannot engender the same respect as a group.

Also, I am a great lover of wild statements myself and frequently chuck out arrogant nonsense just for the hell of it. However to refer to people who have doubts as "biggoted" is stupid, because it is the wrong word for a start but more importantly there are a number of guys a little bit less certain that there is no basis in fact about the owners benefitting financially from the move. I have spoken to extremely intelligent people who know an awful lot about the commercial world who do not share that view entirely.

As for the last point - again I cannot understand your logic. The response on here to two fans' acceptance of the management's laudable offer to view the books was met with enthusiasm and as far as I can remember there was not a voice raised in disapproval of the findings. Contrast that to the frankly ridiculous levels of mistrust and abuse that Barry Owen receives upon every post and I do not see how you can think that a group approach is not going to be a more harmonious way forward.

No.

Sorry, I didn't realise that the title was misleading and that this was not in fact to debate the position of Barry Owen - my mistake.

Could you knock together a few agreed topics for conversation that you'd be comfortable joining in with?

Edited by De_La_Vega