Lost Finale ~ Contains Spoilers

SPOILER ALERT....

Anyone think it is rather funny that both Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes and Lost have, pretty much bar the bells and whistles, exactly the same ending?To be honest there IMO isnt really another way to end either without the death/purgatory thang, however quite bizarre that after all that buggering about in both programmes that they end with pretty much the same ending within three days of each other.

I enjoyed it. I thought the whole 'univers created to meet each other' split was much more interesting than the messing about on the island.

I loved Lost, and watched each series religiously.

The ending - I've never felt so disappointed! Just felt it deserved some sort of twist or surprise. And some things just weren't explained!

Now with my other current favourites ended / about to end / cancelled (Heroes, Flashforward), I'll have to get itno my 7-series 24 box set, and hope something new of that ilk comes along before I manage to watch it all.

I watched Lost from the beginning and i also felt disappointed/let down.

This whole ending was TERRIBLE. It had NOTHING to do with 6 seasons of lost. It was an end that ONLY explained the "alt universe" that was introduced to us in season 6.

NOTHING was explained about the island or what we have been watching for the last 6 years.

I watched Lost from the beginning and i also felt disappointed/let down.

This whole ending was TERRIBLE. It had NOTHING to do with 6 seasons of lost. It was an end that ONLY explained the "alt universe" that was introduced to us in season 6.

NOTHING was explained about the island or what we have been watching for the last 6 years.

I couldn't be bothered with Lost after getting buggered about for a couple of episodes at the beginning. Can any of you addicts clear up the mystery of the recurring number for me?

I couldn't be bothered with Lost after getting buggered about for a couple of episodes at the beginning. Can any of you addicts clear up the mystery of the recurring number for me?

:huh:

:dntknw:

I dont really want to get in to the whole analytic piece as it could go on all day... but really, it does, it gave you two options...

1. They all died in the plane crash. The island itself was purgatory, and only when they either 'died' or 'left' the island did they accept that it was time to move on - to basically a place where they all meet to go through the pearly gates. The island was essentially a place to bring together 'lost' souls, and give them people to care about before they move on... this can be people on the plane, or not...

2. They survived the plane crash, and the island was a supernatural place that you can only escape via death. If you actually managed to leave, it will still be the most important place to you in life, and you met up with your buddies from the island to pass over - irrespective of where and when you died.

With the final image of a quite, empty plane crash, i'm pretty sure they were giving you option 1. The isalnd was a fictional world in thier heads, and a place to give people meaning before they die.

Happy days.

Edited by BigfinLatic

Turns out they were aliens from outer space on the hunt for flax seeds. Once they'd gathered enough they used their flux capacitor to transmogrify and travel back to their home planet.

Simple as that, really.

:huh:

:dntknw:

I dont really want to get in to the whole analytic piece as it could go on all day... but really, it does, it gave you two options...

1. They all died in the plane crash. The island itself was purgatory, and only when they either 'died' or 'left' the island did they accept that it was time to move on - to basically a place where they all meet to go through the pearly gates. The island was essentially a place to bring together 'lost' souls, and give them people to care about before they move on... this can be people on the plane, or not...

2. They survived the plane crash, and the island was a supernatural place that you can only escape via death. If you actually managed to leave, it will still be the most important place to you in life, and you met up with your buddies from the island to pass over - irrespective of where and when you died.

With the final image of a quite, empty plane crash, i'm pretty sure they were giving you option 1. The isalnd was a fictional world in thier heads, and a place to give people meaning before they die.

Happy days.

Okay. :coffee1:

As for the actual ending, I thought it was entirely mediocre.

Just watched it and yup. That was :censored:.

6 years! 6 long years! For that? To be honest I lost interest toward the end of series 2 but kept hoping that they would provide a few answers at the end, stuff like the Polar bears, Dhama, this and that but no.

Plane crash, purgatory, death and end.

What a waste of time.

Just watched it and yup. That was :censored:.

6 years! 6 long years! For that? To be honest I lost interest toward the end of series 2 but kept hoping that they would provide a few answers at the end, stuff like the Polar bears, Dhama, this and that but no.

Plane crash, purgatory, death and end.

What a waste of time.

I didn't watch it, but from what people are saying it seems like a total cop out. I watched a couple of episodes at the beginning just to see what all the fuss was about - at the time, someone told me that the writers specifically said that the island was NOT purgatory or limbo or similar and that the mystery law elsewhere.

I didn't watch it, but from what people are saying it seems like a total cop out. I watched a couple of episodes at the beginning just to see what all the fuss was about - at the time, someone told me that the writers specifically said that the island was NOT purgatory or limbo or similar and that the mystery law elsewhere.

The island wasn't purgatory. Everything that happened on the island happened for real (some maybe most of it completely unexplained). Purgatory was the cuts to 'real life' that happened in the last season. Basically, it was still a cop out but they twisted it, probably because everyone guessed that the island was purgatory from the start and they thought they would change it round to act like they were original and bla bla bla. The problem with any American show like this is it always seems to have a major religious influence, usually Christian based. I hoped that Lost was different and it was moving more towards sci fi and supernatural instead of just religious good vs evil, but unfortunately the Americans don't seem to be able to leave that subject alone.