Danny Whittaker

We've just signed the geezer after his release from BP.

The usual: any good? What type of player is he? Why was he released? etc.

Always likes a goal , will score a few but goes missing in games ,

our manager enjoyed playing him out of position but he is more effective just behind the strikers,

on his day he was good but most of the time he was nowere to be seen

Great one game. Crap for the next nine*. Might do it in Division 4, but he might just as well do exactly the same.

Joined us because he played well against Sheridan for Port Vale against us.

It appears Sheridan still sees that game in his sleep.

*To be fair to him he isn't in any shape or form a winger.

Can add a real attacking option to a midfield where the other side is poor in the middle of the park.

If the other side has a strong and combative midfield, he's a luxury you can ill afford.

The Allott / Whitaker partnership in the middle was a failing two seasons back.

I expected him to turn up at Chesterfield TBH as it was Sheridan that brought him to BP.

He will do a job in League 2, he has a good shot on him with either foot and will definately score you goals, but as has already been said, goes missing in games and refuses to put his foot in a tackle.

We've just signed the geezer after his release from BP.

The usual: any good? What type of player is he? Why was he released? etc.

Whitts = Casper

Casper-Friendly-Ghost.jpg

League 2 is very much his level. On a fine day on nice flat grassy pitches; with the opposition standing off – he’s not a bad player. So; that gives you 2 games a season.

Other than that; expect lots of whimping out of challenges; both on the deck & in the air – lots of long range shot; 2 out of 10 that go on target & trouble the ‘Keeper and lots & lots flattering to deceive.

All power to the lad as he seeks pastures new; don’t wish him any ills – but he was a luxury player we couldn’t afford to have for his 1 good game in 20.

I dont buy all this "League 2 is his level malarky"

I dont think they is much difference in quality in a midfield from Promotion chasing League 2 teams and lower table League 1 teams

Maybe not, but do you think there is a difference between the top half of League One and the likes of Morecambe, Burton, Cheltenham....and well most of League Two?

It's not just about the quality of the team you are in, but the quality of teams you are facing. Whits has faced a lot of better teams than us this season. In League Two he won't be up against the likes of Leeds, Norwich, Chalrton, Hudders, Millwall, Swindon, etc. Chesterfield are a decent L2 team, the sort who will be pushing for the playoffs. In that sort of team in their position in the league I can see him fitting in quite well.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Maybe not, but do you think there is a difference between the top half of League One and the likes of Morecambe, Burton, Cheltenham....and well most of League Two?

It's not just about the quality of the team you are in, but the quality of teams you are facing. Whits has faced a lot of better teams than us this season. In League Two he won't be up against the likes of Leeds, Norwich, Chalrton, Hudders, Millwall, Swindon, etc. Chesterfield are a decent L2 team, the sort who will be pushing for the playoffs. In that sort of team in their position in the league I can see him fitting in quite well.

Good point

The problem I can see is Division 4 is fast and frantic. Players making up for lack of ability by running into the ground and getting their foot in. Be it a little late. Exactly the type of thing that sends Whitaker into his shell.

I think he'll probably have more good games than here, but it won't be the signing of a promotion chasing side.

Sheridan will get the best out of him

For a short period in time he had him playing better than Leicesters Richie Wellens.

Please give it up, he was never,ever,ever (not even in his best and Wellens worst game) anywhere near Wellens level.

Can add a real attacking option to a midfield where the other side is poor in the middle of the park.

If the other side has a strong and combative midfield, he's a luxury you can ill afford.

The Allott / Whitaker partnership in the middle was a failing two seasons back.

That's a very good point. And both a 2 years older now; which in Allott's case may mean the legs are starting to go somewhat........

At L2; on a good run of form and in a 'purple patch' casper might be good for 3 to 5 goals for them; which wont be too bad I'd guess.

Good luck to the lad anyway; cheers Danny - the goal Vs Leicester at BP was a high point for you.

And for those interested:

http://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/page/Club...2060394,00.html

Edited by slystallone

He'll be alright in League Two.

When I say "alright", I mean, he could be a very influential midfielder in the league.

youve got a good player there. he was average in L1 so will do well against the lower L2 teams.

scored a few good goals too

Lol...Sheridan will never learn...

Don't expect Casper to come out fighting for you when you need it! Another bottler like we saw from many under Shez when March came along...which conincidently (or not)...you've just experienced yourself!

Sheridan will get the best out of him

For a short period in time he had him playing better than Leicesters Richie Wellens.

No....he didn't....he was hyped up as such. Bit like Furman was after a pre-season and a game or so...

That poll on here that was done between Whits and Wellens is possibly the funniest, most ludicrous topic ever to grace not this messageboard but any football messageboard ever! Might dig it out actually....could do with a laugh....

Lol...Sheridan will never learn...

Don't expect Casper to come out fighting for you when you need it! Another bottler like we saw from many under Shez when March came along...which conincidently (or not)...you've just experienced yourself!

Completely agree.........good luck though Danny

No....he didn't....he was hyped up as such. Bit like Furman was after a pre-season and a game or so...

That poll on here that was done between Whits and Wellens is possibly the funniest, most ludicrous topic ever to grace not this messageboard but any football messageboard ever! Might dig it out actually....could do with a laugh....

Whittaker v Wellens

There you go BB80, never gets old this one pmsl. :lol: