First Signing.

Holty's a decent attacking full-back, big, strong, good shot and a threat from set-pieces BUT WTF!!!??? We've already got left-backs in Black and JJ AND Lomax can play there and Taylor if need be can fill in there. So why? Just why???

Why....

LB New Player (Black as cover, free transfer for JJ)

Free transfers:

Jacobson - I've seen milk turn quicker than this lad...As the season went on, got beaten time and time again. As for that penalty he gave away at Swindon, it wasn't silly...it was mindless. Black came in and started to show what JJ doesn't have. A strong head when it's getting tough and will have the odd goal or two in him. Great cover, as still has to develop. JJ should be moved on to free up a wage for someone more capable. Oh how we missed out on Sheehan :disappointed:

Edited by boundaryblue80

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our first signing is expected to be unveiled later on in the week.

Unfortuantely, it's Andrew Holt.

As has been mentioned on here...if Holt was to sign, it shows it isn't just the manager signing players at the club...I wonder who really signed Colbeck :wink: Anyway, Holt won't be on a Savage wage, that's for sure so will blend into the current theme of the club...

Edited by boundaryblue80

As has been mentioned further down...if Holt was to sign, it shows who's really signing players at the club. Won't be on a Savage wage, that's for sure so will blend into the current theme of the club...

I'd rather we brought in cheap but experienced defenders (Rubes is another example) to save the budget for elsewhere.

I'd rather we brought in cheap but experienced defenders (Rubes is another example) to save the budget for elsewhere.

Thought Holt was steady when here the first time. I was told back then that his sister died and he hit the bottle...fell out with Ritchie due to it all and that's the reason he left ultimately.

Just reading an article on the BBC website about the England-USA game, and noticed that Will Hoskins is being released by Watford. Fits the 'short and quick' criteria for Abbott's partner. I think I'll email Dickov about him, and maybe put something in my signature about him.

Just reading an article on the BBC website about the England-USA game, and noticed that Will Hoskins is being released by Watford. Fits the 'short and quick' criteria for Abbott's partner. I think I'll email Dickov about him, and maybe put something in my signature about him.

Will Hoskins would not be a bad signing i think he would like to join a higher league then oldham.

As has been mentioned on here...if Holt was to sign, it shows it isn't just the manager signing players at the club...I wonder who really signed Colbeck :wink: Anyway, Holt won't be on a Savage wage, that's for sure so will blend into the current theme of the club...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...own/8731413.stm

Holt signs 2 year deal!

Chyna had a little widge didnt she?

Was horrified when I saw that vid. She def was a dude.

As for Holt... "The 32-year-old, " not 30 as suggested...AND "Striker Adebayo Akinfenwa was released after failing to meet the curfew" curfew as in having a criminal record?

Que comparisons to the Hughes signing an we should sign him...