Finally Done It!

Achieved QTS! Now just need a job so if any of you Latics fans that are Education Professionals and I know there's a few, hear anything about History/Humanities jobs coming up give me a shout. Not bothered about the location.

It's been a long 6 years, but hopefully now I can have 'some' of my life back... :grin:

Achieved QTS! Now just need a job so if any of you Latics fans that are Education Professionals and I know there's a few, hear anything about History/Humanities jobs coming up give me a shout. Not bothered about the location.

It's been a long 6 years, but hopefully now I can have 'some' of my life back... :grin:

I work in a Primary School, but my mum works at Our Lady's. I'll ask her of any jobs going, I think they get bulletins from difference schools in the diocese with vacant jobs on.

congrats! start my QTS this Sept - should be fun! any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Danny

:shock:

I work in a Primary School, but my mum works at Our Lady's. I'll ask her of any jobs going, I think they get bulletins from difference schools in the diocese with vacant jobs on.

There was a History job at Our Lady's being short-listed this week, although I applied I think I failed to make the cut :huh: I think, no great surprise but now I've got the time to improve my application letter and focus on applying rather than trying to cram applications into everything else! The fact i'm not Catholic goes against you when applying to faith schools. Which they're entitled to do of course if it comes down to two simialr canididates and one is of 'faith' then usually they go with the 'faith' candidate.

Edited by oafcprozac

congrats! start my QTS this Sept - should be fun! any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Danny

Are you doing a PGCE or GTP Danny?

The only advice I can give you is don't get carried away with the incredible highs and don't be too despondent when you hit the inevitable lows. Be reflective, always try to improve and strive to be the very best you can. Work hard and you will be rewarded but put your life on hold for a year! You will resent what you are doing at times, when you want to go to that big away game you won't be able to, when you fancy a pint, or the cinema etc midweek the chances are you won't have time but remember its YOU that CHOSE this career! Good Luck mate, it's bloody hard work but rewarding!

What subject are you doing and where?

The only advice I can give you is don't get carried away with the incredible highs and don't be too despondent when you hit the inevitable lows. Be reflective, always try to improve and strive to be the very best you can. Work hard and you will be rewarded but put your life on hold for a year! You will resent what you are doing at times, when you want to go to that big away game you won't be able to, when you fancy a pint, or the cinema etc midweek the chances are you won't have time but remember its YOU that CHOSE this career! Good Luck mate, it's bloody hard work but rewarding!

thanks, im really looking forward to the challenge - im currently at MMU doin a BA Hons with Maths and education with qts. just finished 2nd year exams today so beer and pizza.

all the best for the future

danny

My wife is a teacher.

My mum and dad were teachers.

My mother and father in law were teachers.

My brother in law is a teacher.

My sister teaches at MMU.

I work in IT. :grin:

You have just opened yourself upto a whole new world of pain. Rewarding apparently, hard work though. Congrats!

The one piece of advice I'd give a prospective teacher is don't take yourself too seriously. Students have a lot more time for you and respond far better, if you're willing to laugh at yourself when you :censored: it up.

My dad did his B.Ed Hons Maths and ICT at Didsbury. He did ok with it, been a head of year, head of maths, senior teacher, deputy head, OFSTED, Teacher Training, Attendance, etc.... then returned to teaching maths as enjoyed it most.

He says there are 141 maths posts this week and 52 History, 15 humanities jobs.

BUT a lot of schools being sqeezed financially and shedding posts 9 redundancies at his school. Also the Accademy mergers shedding jobs. If he hears of anything will post it.

Says anyone with Maths is safe.... Are Dave Wilson, Barbara Craig still about?

Oh yes Mums a teacher too.

mmu didsbury has a high turn over at lecturors - the only barbara i know of is barbara binns? she does seem to have been there that long she is part of the furniture! i can understand its going to be hard work - nut i work in a call centre pt! anythingis better than that! so im already used to be being told to f**k off on a daily basis

The one piece of advice I'd give a prospective teacher is don't take yourself too seriously. Students have a lot more time for you and respond far better, if you're willing to laugh at yourself when you :censored: it up.

i do like to build up a rapport with the students and i'm always the first to laugh at myself - just about to start a 3 week placement at Crompton House High School so i'll see how that goes! all my placement s so far have been wythenshawe and thats why i love inner city schools - kids are funny and mental! saw a kid once trieding to "football header" a bare wire they had ripped down from the ceiling which powered the it suite! the Head told me to hang back and wait till they got bored - no one intervened! haha

i do like to build up a rapport with the students and i'm always the first to laugh at myself - just about to start a 3 week placement at Crompton House High School so i'll see how that goes! all my placement s so far have been wythenshawe and thats why i love inner city schools - kids are funny and mental! saw a kid once trieding to "football header" a bare wire they had ripped down from the ceiling which powered the it suite! the Head told me to hang back and wait till they got bored - no one intervened! haha

A Perfect restraint/Team Teach manoeuvre in my book :wink:

Pm'd you re: Crompton House

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP! Still looking, had an interview yesterday didn't get it!