Final Warning To All Members

All,

We have asked on several occasions for the personal comments, insults, mocking and bullying to cease.

There is a line between playful joking - which is more than welcome - and the diatribe of insults aimed at certain members of this board over recent months.

There are clear guidelines - which you agree to when you open your membership and are available HERE - stating that this behaviour is unacceptable. It's reached the stage now where those choosing to ignore the polite advice we have given will have their access to OWTB removed for an initial 7 days. This will be extended to an indefinite ban for those who choose to ignore the initial banning and continue to break OWTB rules.

I am sorry it has reached the stage where this kind of post is required, I can assure you I'd much rather be doing other things, but it's the actions of the members alone which has made this so.

Any questions on this matter please feel free to post them or contact me via PM and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ack

OWTB Team

All,

We have asked on several occasions for the personal comments, insults, mocking and bullying to cease.

There is a line between playful joking - which is more than welcome - and the diatribe of insults aimed at certain members of this board over recent months.

There are clear guidelines - which you agree to when you open your membership and are available HERE - stating that this behaviour is unacceptable. It's reached the stage now where those choosing to ignore the polite advice we have given will have their access to OWTB removed for an initial 7 days. This will be extended to an indefinite ban for those who choose to ignore the initial banning and continue to break OWTB rules.

I am sorry it has reached the stage where this kind of post is required, I can assure you I'd much rather be doing other things, but it's the actions of the members alone which has made this so.

Any questions on this matter please feel free to post them or contact me via PM and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ack

OWTB Team

Ackey is our leader, you tell um Ackey :blush: , i've read and understood, yet certain members still mock and bully me, but i try my best to ignore them and not cause a stir.

I'm pretty sure the users who get the abuse bring it on themselves. There are users who break this rule:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this site to post any material or topic which is knowingly false and/or inaccurate

a dozen times a week yet go unpunished by the mod team, so it's no surprise that other users get frustrated by being fed horsecrap by certain posters, time and after time and end up telling these posters just what they think of them.

As it appears, you're willing to enforce this part of the rule:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this site to post any material or topic which is knowingly defamatory, deceptive, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, harassing

Yet do no wish to take action against those infringing this rule

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this site to post any material or topic which is knowingly false and/or inaccurate

which is infringed on a higher basis than the " not being insulting and abusive" rule.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

I'm pretty sure the users who get the abuse bring it on themselves. There are users who break this rule:

a dozen times a week yet go unpunished by the mod team, so it's no surprise that other users get frustrated by being fed horsecrap by certain posters, time and after time and end up telling these posters just what they think of them.

As it appears, you're willing to enforce this part of the rule:

Yet do no wish to take action against those infringing this rule

which is infringed on a higher basis than the " not being insulting and abusive" rule.

fantastic point bbrm......... back to you admin!

What intrigues me is how anyone knows whether a certain poster (and I'm thinking of one in particular) goes unpunished?

He still posts doesn't he? :grin:

To be fair, I am sure about 98% of posts might have to be reviewed! Some can be viewed as inaccurate, that later proved true, some are clearly obvious, but I think if you look back, many do not say for fact, it just says it is specuating.

We'd have to delete about 1,000 on Micah Richards for a start.

I know a few thought that the original post about Dickov was suspect.

Got point in reminding, as smigger says!

Edited by singe

Isn't this a bit like trying to flick a rottweiler with a towel?

He's an admin - he can kick you into the ether!

I'd better not mention the fact that RA's first ever use of punctuation in post 4 of this thread actually made me smile..... Long may it continue, lessons the risk of ones ears bleeding while trying to read em!

I hope certain members take this polite notice from Ackey seriously.

While OWTB is here for ALL fans and supporters of Oldham Athletic it will not be used like a play ground were some feel compelled to agrue with the dedicated moderating team just to try and get an upper hand or try to recite the rules and regs to look smart !

Bullying in any form to any member will not be tolerated.

All the moderating team will over the next few days ensuring that this warning is implimented.

Members will be limited for a short or permanent period if any case is deemed appropriate.

While OWTB is here for ALL fans and supporters of Oldham Athletic it will not be used like a play ground were some feel compelled to agrue with the dedicated moderating team just to try and get an upper hand or try to recite the rules and regs to look smart !

All the moderating team will over the next few days ensuring that this warning is implimented.

Members will be limited for a short or permanent period if any case is deemed appropriate.

I look forward to this board becomming a ghost town then. 90% of the board will be banned except the chosen few.

Sorry Wardlelatic - on the face of it, this is a post too far

How can you seriously argue that to "agrue (sic) with the dedicated moderating team", or "to recite rules and regs to look smart" is wrong.

I am sure that you don't mean that it is unacceptable to disagree with Moderators - or do you ?

Equally, rules are rules, so how can quoting them be described as trying to look smart - either they apply, or they don't

I don't believe that I have posted a controversial post since joining the forum, but I can see why members might get a bit fed up with some of the posters on here who regularly post unsubstantiated rumours, just, as it seems to me, to annoy people, or get their post count up.

I do not in any shape or form support personal abuse / bullying of these posters - the "ignore" button would seem the best option - (please can someone tell me where this is !) - but, in my opinion, your, on the face of it, your heavy handed response does not add to the debate, and in fact just adds to the impression that this board is run by a few, for the benefit of a few

No doubt I will get a lot of stick for this post, not least because i don't post that often, but please mr moderator / site manager ..... don't patronise me

Sorry Wardlelatic - on the face of it, this is a post too far

How can you seriously argue that to "agrue (sic) with the dedicated moderating team", or "to recite rules and regs to look smart" is wrong.

I am sure that you don't mean that it is unacceptable to disagree with Moderators - or do you ?

Equally, rules are rules, so how can quoting them be described as trying to look smart - either they apply, or they don't

I don't believe that I have posted a controversial post since joining the forum, but I can see why members might get a bit fed up with some of the posters on here who regularly post unsubstantiated rumours, just, as it seems to me, to annoy people, or get their post count up.

I do not in any shape or form support personal abuse / bullying of these posters - the "ignore" button would seem the best option - (please can someone tell me where this is !) - but, in my opinion, your, on the face of it, your heavy handed response does not add to the debate, and in fact just adds to the impression that this board is run by a few, for the benefit of a few

No doubt I will get a lot of stick for this post, not least because i don't post that often, but please mr moderator / site manager ..... don't patronise me

stick%20blanks.jpg