4000 and counting

The last game we saw against Charlton was Oldham Athletics 4000th game in the football league according to: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/all-time-table

We are currently 39th of all teams to of ever played in the football league (136 so far - 137 next season)

Congratulations to the club for reaching such a landmark (even if 3000 of them were probably crap...)

The last game we saw against Charlton was Oldham Athletics 4000th game in the football league according to: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/all-time-table

We are currently 39th of all teams to of ever played in the football league (136 so far - 137 next season)

Congratulations to the club for reaching such a landmark (even if 3000 of them were probably crap...)

I remember the 3000th - 7th May 1988 beat Bournemouth 2-0 at BP.

I remember the 3000th - 7th May 1988 beat Bournemouth 2-0 at BP.

This sort of stat really interests me and I wonder if the marketing people knew this. Of course not. Was it an opportnity lost? T-Shirts, badges etc. etc. that may well have sold to ex-pats.....

This sort of stat really interests me and I wonder if the marketing people knew this. Of course not. Was it an opportnity lost? T-Shirts, badges etc. etc. that may well have sold to ex-pats.....

a massive opportunity lost alec, i would have loved a tshirt with something along the lines of 4000 league games and counting. if you think the frankie bunn tshirts were slow sellers then these would be worse

As our resident Statto you will be able to give us the attendence who scored and a match report.

Not sure of the attendance but we won with a Stitch penalty and a John Williams og, on a rather pleasant Spring Day at BP and I lost my programme on the way home. Remember it being a typical end of season game with both goals being scored at the RRE.