North of England Campsites

footy68

Any advice for two idiots planning on camping at Penrith (Kendal Calling) this weekend, given that the weather is expected to be dire!?

Yes. Give me a call and I can supply the names and addresses of a few dozen people who can give you you a nice dry,warm bed and a roof over your head. :)

Any advice for two idiots planning on camping at Penrith (Kendal Calling) this weekend, given that the weather is expected to be dire!?

Ullswater is only 4/5 miles away from Penrith, instead of turning right to go to Penrith when you leave the M6 at junction 40, take a left and it will only take you a few minutes.

Ullswater is only 4/5 miles away from Penrith, instead of turning right to go to Penrith when you leave the M6 at junction 40, take a left and it will only take you a few minutes.

My legs will be tired if I walk all the way up the M6! :wink:

We're taking the train into Penrith so I don't have to drive home half cut on the Monday.

@Thai, thanks - but we're not allowed passout from the campsite. Once you're in you're in.

@RR, thanks mate - will buy some tomorrow as you're not the first to say that!

My legs will be tired if I walk all the way up the M6! :wink:

We're taking the train into Penrith so I don't have to drive home half cut on the Monday.

@Thai, thanks - but we're not allowed passout from the campsite. Once you're in you're in.

@RR, thanks mate - will buy some tomorrow as you're not the first to say that!

If you get cold, don't put stuff on top of you, put it underneath you. But make sure it's all in bin bags!

Side Farm, Patterdale, in the Lakes. At the bottom of the Helvellyn...erm...range and on the lake. Decent facilities and a decent boozer not far away.

gillside camp site also in patterdale at the foot of helvellyn and if you are feeling adventurous you can walk via striding edge

brilliant