Alan Blayney

One player who could be in the frame is Linfield’s Alan Blayney. No stranger to Athletic, the full Northern Ireland international (28) made three appearances under John Sheridan in 2007, including both legs of the League One play-off tie against Blackpool, before being released at the end of the campaign.

Blayney recently starred in Linfield’s notable 0-0 home draw with Rosenborg in a Champions’ League second round qualifier, his side exiting the competition last night by way of a 2-0 defeat in Norway.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...-brill-attitude

at the bottom of page about him.

One player who could be in the frame is Linfield’s Alan Blayney. No stranger to Athletic, the full Northern Ireland international (28) made three appearances under John Sheridan in 2007, including both legs of the League One play-off tie against Blackpool, before being released at the end of the campaign.

Blayney recently starred in Linfield’s notable 0-0 home draw with Rosenborg in a Champions’ League second round qualifier, his side exiting the competition last night by way of a 2-0 defeat in Norway.

Blayney = :blink::shock::unsure::disappointed::ranting:

I will admit I thought this was another wind up thread then until I saw its a quote from the Chron,

tell me they are not serious?!

he is one of the worst keepers ive seen !

Alan Blayney did well at oldham but he highly rated by oldham management and i lead to belive he was trainning with oldham and Greg Fleming should have not went on transfer list dickov is mad end off.

why dont we bring Jan Budtz back its a joke by oldham in away the way there treated big Greg Fleming.

Edited by RoyleArmy

Alan Blayney did well at oldham but he highly rated by oldham management and i lead to belive he was trainning with oldham and Greg Fleming should have not went on transfer list dickov is mad end off.

why dont we bring Jan Budtz back its a joke by oldham in away the way there treated big Greg Fleming.

I really dont remember Blayney doing well at Oldham?

I think the fact he is at Linfield says it all....

Absolute Bollocks! The guy is :censored:e end of! Makes Brill look like Schmeichel!

In June 2009, Blayney signed a three year contract for Linfield so we may need to pay a fee to him and he did ok v blackpool in playoff but sadly he let them goals in we need a goalie like Nicky Weaver or Andy Marshall.

see now RA this is why people get on your back, give it up !

see now RA this is why people get on your back, give it up !

give up what i just put there name as example mate :grin: Darryl Flahavan would not be a bad signing on his day but v charlton he had a shocker.

Edited by RoyleArmy

trying to make an argument for signing Blayney

Flav would be decent

Southampton and Stockport apart I thought Flav was average, he was :censored:e when it didn't matter v Southend, Yeovil and Charlton. No thanks, and despite his hero worship on here Brill had a better record. Flav made plenty of saves but conceded more goals per game. I'd rather stick with Brill and Josh and on last nights showing we're right to be binning Fleming, he was very poor against non-league opposition. He flapped about like Jordan's nether regions in a gale!

It would pretty much confirm Brill as No1 as there'd be no competition from Blayney. Why not bring Miskelly back? I saw him on Sky a couple of months back and he really looked.................

............ average

I get the feeling more and more, even though I've never rated Brill that highly, that he's learning more now than he ever did under Collett. Dickov's no mug and, if he reckons that Brill is the man for the job, we have to trust his judgement. Go for it Deano, it's in your hands now if you'll pardon the pun.

Edited by Bristolatic

Leaving?

He was so upset at being told he could go, he sat on bench, tearfully put his head in his hands.................

........... and dropped it.

OK, so it's old. So am I.

In June 2009, Blayney signed a three year contract for Linfield so we may need to pay a fee to him and he did ok v blackpool in playoff but sadly he let them goals in we need a goalie like Nicky Weaver or Andy Marshall.

Apart from doing a Rob Green when we were showing signs of actually giving them a game.

Do you know the facts about fleming?

It would pretty much confirm Brill as No1 as there'd be no competition from Blayney. Why not bring Miskelly back? I saw him on Sky a couple of months back and he really looked.................

Its Paul Gerrard choice who comes first choice not Dickovs

............ average

I get the feeling more and more, even though I've never rated Brill that highly, that he's learning more now than he ever did under Collett. Dickov's no mug and, if he reckons that Brill is the man for the job, we have to trust his judgement. Go for it Deano, it's in your hands now if you'll pardon the pun.