"Ian Moore....Ian Moore.................

was in the sun newspaper.

my boy was mascot today and the very nice lady who looked after him said they (tranmere) turned down a small figure from ronnie over the hill which they turned down and then this morning he handed in a transfer request

my boy was mascot today and the very nice lady who looked after him said they (tranmere) turned down a small figure from ronnie over the hill which they turned down and then this morning he handed in a transfer request

Well done to your lad as a mascot he must have enjoyed his day.

Meanwhile, Les addressed rumours surrounding Ian Thomas-Moore.

He added: "I've been hearing all sorts of things. It's all over the web that we've turned down a bid from Rotherham for Ian but I can assure everybody there has been no bid whatsoever from Rotherham.

"I spoke to [Rotherham manager] Ronnie Moore about another player last Saturday, he said 'so you're keeping hold of Ian then?' and I said 'yes', and that was the end of the conversation.

"But Ian has handed in a transfer request. He asked for another year on his contract, we had a discussion and we asked him to leave it until Christmas. He tells us he's been made an offer from another club - I don't know who that club is - of an increase in his salary and a two year contract. Because of that he has put in a transfer request. Whoever the team is, they've obviously made an illegal approach.

Edited by RoyleArmy

That guy is a tool, and its only a matter of time before some plonker takes it too far and does him in. He could have ignored the abuse today yet ran 50-60 yards to have a go at 2000 people. I know things get said but as footballers, they need to ignore it!

That guy is a tool, and its only a matter of time before some plonker takes it too far and does him in. He could have ignored the abuse today yet ran 50-60 yards to have a go at 2000 people. I know things get said but as footballers, they need to ignore it!

I'm on holiday in France and heard the Ian Moore song loud and clear on LaticsPlayer. As soon as he scored I knew he would be giving it back with spades, fair play to the bloke, spends 90 minutes having his parents slagged off then is expected not to react.

Looking forward to the return game at BP to sing at him in person then give him the nescafes when he bags.

why do you all make the assumption the guys a tool??? now i dont like him and i joined in with the songs today, but if i was him and being abused for 90 mins id react worse than he did, he gave it back and we gave him more stick, i say fair play to him! if someone was calling my mum a whore i wouldnt be too happy either!

why do you all make the assumption the guys a tool??? now i dont like him and i joined in with the songs today, but if i was him and being abused for 90 mins id react worse than he did, he gave it back and we gave him more stick, i say fair play to him! if someone was calling my mum a whore i wouldnt be too happy either!

Because his dad is a w*****? He walked out on us to go and sign for his dad?

why do you all make the assumption the guys a tool???

I thought it was just us who hated him, but when i mentioned him to the lad in my office who has a Liverpool season ticket, his response was "yeah i hate that t**t. Remember when we played them in a reserve game pre-season a few years ago, and he was kicking the s**t out of our kids. Absolutely no need for it whatsoever."

And my brother - another Liverpool fan who i dragged along today - said "i can see why you hate him so much, i've never seen anyone celebrate a consolation goal so much." And, bizarrely, he thought the song was "quite witty".

We assume he's a tool, because we've never seen any evidence to the contrary.

im not saying i like him btw, i dislike him because he walked out on us and his dad is our useless ex manager, but what do you expect when were singing that, 90% of people footballers included will react to that

im not saying i like him btw, i dislike him because he walked out on us and his dad is our useless ex manager, but what do you expect when were singing that, 90% of people footballers included will react to that

My point was more aimed at the fact that when 2000 people sing at 1 you have to take it. When the 1 runs 50 - 60 yards to have a go back at 2000 you WILL at some point get filled in and someone will end up doing it.

My point was more aimed at the fact that when 2000 people sing at 1 you have to take it. When the 1 runs 50 - 60 yards to have a go back at 2000 you WILL at some point get filled in and someone will end up doing it.

Exactly. If you sprint 60 yards to celebrate a consolation goal like the winner you deserve whatever you get. And if i was a Tranmere fan (heaven forbid) i'd be a bit put out at having been completely ignored in their one highlight of the game.

Exactly. If you sprint 60 yards to celebrate a consolation goal like the winner you deserve whatever you get. And if i was a Tranmere fan (heaven forbid) i'd be a bit put out at having been completely ignored in their one highlight of the game.

He'd had 89 minutes of "Your dad's a :censored: and your Mother's a whore" - I defy anyone not to run 500 miles to give the nescafe to any number of people who had been singing that.

Does anyone really take this stuff seriously? Are people actually offended by the actions of footballers?

To be honest, he did celebrate it properly to begin with. Just watched it on the Football League show and it's only a good few seconds after (when the footage cuts) when he's running towards the centre circle where he starts that hand to the chin thing he was doing. No idea what that's supposed to mean. I find it funny how our lot fell for the Moores having a laugh at our expense back on that deadline day...as if he was EVER going to sign fo us...it's all fair game all round.

Speaking of the Football League show, has Claridge ever had a run-in with Dickov in the past? Thought his response on what he thought of Dickov coming to us was quite vague and hessitant. Was as though he was watching his P's and Q's about him.

Edited by boundaryblue80

To be honest, he did celebrate it properly to begin with. Just watched it on the Football League show and it's only a good few seconds after (when the footage cuts) when he's running towards the centre circle where he starts that hand to the chin thing he was doing. No idea what that's supposed to mean.

I think he was saying 'chin up' to us, thinking we'd all be gutted that he'd pulled one back.

Speaking of the Football League show, has Claridge ever had a run-in with Dickov in the past? Thought his response on what he thought of Dickov coming to us was quite vague and hessitant. Was as though he was watching his P's and Q's about him.

I thought it looked like he didn't really know what to say and hadn't bothered to do his research.

And no, i've no idea what that weird 'chin up' gesture was all about either.