David Beckham

is capello right calling it a day with David Beckham i think David should play till he calls it quits his self he gived england fans all his love we dont want to see him leave like this way.

i think we all knew it was coming, it was just a matter of time - i wouldnt rule him out of the qualifiers as he's still playing football, the atmosphere he brings to the team when he comes on (just the mere mention of his name can lift a stadium and the team he's playing for more than any man can) and the fact he doesnt need to run much as he can place the ball anywhere he wants on the pitch.

capello, however was wrong and may feel the public backlash of the way he ended becks career - never discussed with him before announcing it.

I think he could still do a job as an impact sub but if Capello doesn't think he has an England future then that is fair enough but the man deserves better than finding out in some dodgy ITV interview.

I agree. Beckham and the others should find out when their names repeatedly fail to appear in squad lists.

I think he could still do a job as an impact sub but if Capello doesn't think he has an England future then that is fair enough but the man deserves better than finding out in some dodgy ITV interview.

+1

I wouldn't of retired him... Big qualification game, injury hit squad.... I would of still considered him...

I haven't read anywhere that states Capello saying he as "RETIRED" Becks from England International football. All he said he is old and willing to give the younger 'stars' games.

I think it is time for Becks to step aside.

Also the papers after the world cup where screaming for the "golden Generation" to be dropped, so Capello does and now they're not happy! Make your mind up reporters.

Phil Neville had some interesting things to say about players "retiring". When asked whether it was necessary for players such as Wes Brown to announce their retirement, he said not, what's wrong with just assuming you've retired when you stop getting picked?

Exactly. The players are obviously moaning to the press about Capello to divert attention from their own failings. The press go along with this because they need access to the players - they might even get a ghostwriting deal out of it somewhere down the line.

The only right of reply to this disgraceful behaviour available to Capello is his undisputable right to pick the team. Saying you are retiring is a clear challenge to that privilege. Capello should go first and go hard at the pampered queens, and just not pick people. If they cry about it to their press pig mates, they go in the black book. If they work hard and keep their heads down, they might play again.

Phil Neville England manager. Got a certain ring to it.