Cheaper match day tickets at wigan

I know this has to been done to death. However, our match day ticket prices are comparable to some premier league teams :blink:

Wigan Athletic £15

Birmingham City £20

Bolton Wanderers £20

Newcastle United £20

Wolves £20

West Ham United £21

Aston Villa £23

Sunderland £23

Blackpool £25

Stoke City £25

West Brom £25

Everton £29

Tottenham Hostpur £29

Fulham £30

Manchester United £32

Arsenal £33

Chelsea £35

Liverpool £37

Manchester City*

Blackburn**

Surely lowering ticket prices is something to be looked at if we are to attract new fans!? Discuss.

If Latics were beneficiaries of a £1.7bn TV deal, then I'm sure they would consider reducing prices.

I think the Premier League deal works out at an average of £28m per club per season. That will be between 10 and 20 times the total turnover of Latics.

You're not comparing like with like. And while I agree with special offers, cutting prices by 90% doesn't even double attendances, let alone replace the income lost by the price cut.

Entertaining football in a friendly environment is the way forwards for lower league clubs.

Edited by opinions4u

If Latics were beneficiaries of a £1.7bn TV deal, then I'm sure they would consider reducing prices.

I think the Premier League deal works out at an average of £28m per club per season. That will be between 10 and 20 times the total turnover of Latics.

You're not comparing like with like.

beat me to it

I know this has to been done to death. However, our match day ticket prices are comparable to some premier league teams :blink:

Wigan Athletic £15

Birmingham City £20

Bolton Wanderers £20

Newcastle United £20

Wolves £20

West Ham United £21

Aston Villa £23

Sunderland £23

Blackpool £25

Stoke City £25

West Brom £25

Everton £29

Tottenham Hostpur £29

Fulham £30

Manchester United £32

Arsenal £33

Chelsea £35

Liverpool £37

Manchester City*

Blackburn**

Surely lowering ticket prices is something to be looked at if we are to attract new fans!? Discuss.

i don't know where those figures are from but Spurs at £29 says they're a load of bollocks

You're not comparing like with like.

Fair enough but coming from a fans perspective. Why would anyone pay to watch Oldham, if they can watch premier league football for £5 cheaper!

Fair enough but coming from a fans perspective. Why would anyone pay to watch Oldham, if they can watch premier league football for £5 cheaper!

the same reasons we all did - mates or family took us when we were kids and we liked it.

unfortunately we have fewer people to take their mates and family members than the likes of United and City.

is this someone, yet again, contriving to compare the process of becoming a supporter of a football club to choosing a restaurant or a holiday?

the same reasons we all did - mates or family took us when we were kids and we liked it.

unfortunately we have fewer people to take their mates and family members than the likes of United and City.

is this someone, yet again, contriving to compare the process of becoming a supporter of a football club to choosing a restaurant or a holiday?

Hey Harry,

Of course it comes down to who took you etc etc. I'm thinking about ppl who dont really support a team and is maybe looking to watch a game of footie on the odd occasion, we can't compete. I'm actually saying anything, just noticed these figures on the internet and put them out there for people to see.

I know two ex-Latics season ticket holders who now have season tickets at JJB. I can't understand it myself, as I go to cheer to cheer on my hometown team, but over the years they've become more, if you like 'football' fans than Oldham fans, and prefer to go JJB for a similar price and get to see teams like Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs fielding some of the world's best players on a regular basis. We can't compete.

I know two ex-Latics season ticket holders who now have season tickets at JJB. I can't understand it myself, as I go to cheer to cheer on my hometown team, but over the years they've become more, if you like 'football' fans than Oldham fans, and prefer to go JJB for a similar price and get to see teams like Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs fielding some of the world's best players on a regular basis. We can't compete.

Aye that is exactly my point!

:angry: what a right pair of cnuts

I prefer watching lower league if i didn't support oldham. Would probably support rochdale or a local non-league side. The only thing good about the premier league is the football. Also the grounds are no better. I prefer the smaller grounds. We will never be able to attract the same crowds in these league. They get free advertising and have more money to spend on advertising. Also any so called latics fan who watchs another team on a regular basis, lives local and can afford to go to watch latics is not a latics fan.

I understand the basis for your post.

Please explain to me how this suggestion will improve football at BP.

A 25% cut in ticket prices needs to increase crowds by 33% to break even.

IIRC a 90% cut in prices for the Exeter game increased the crowd by about 33%.

By freezing prices for four or five seasons, fans have been benefitting from a price cut in real terms (taking in to account the effects of inflation). Despite this, crowds have fallen.