Cheaper match day tickets at wigan

It does happen though...

What 0000 Said

:censored:ty had a scheme this season for £200 season tickets (the catch was you could not choose where you sat, hence you could end up in the gods), I would bet we have lost a fair few floating fans to them.

But as Corney said on BBC (and I think he was spot on here), when some fan asked if we could reduce admission prices for a fiver, his answer was along the lines of I could do that tomorrow but you would have to watch a team that reflects that price....and it wont be playing in league one (and probably not league two either)

I am pretty sure we are still amongst the cheapest in this league regarding admission prices.

What 0000 Said

:censored:ty had a scheme this season for £200 season tickets (the catch was you could not choose where you sat, hence you could end up in the gods), I would bet we have lost a fair few floating fans to them.

But as Corney said on BBC (and I think he was spot on here), when some fan asked if we could reduce admission prices for a fiver, his answer was along the lines of I could do that tomorrow but you would have to watch a team that reflects that price....and it wont be playing in league one (and probably not league two either)

I am pretty sure we are still amongst the cheapest in this league regarding admission prices.

I think we are... But its a real problem for attracting new fans the fact the Prem can get away with charging so little to their supporters because they are expected to pass so little down the food chain...

I honestly don't know how you market the club to a family in its present condition... We really do need a new stadium... and of course, a bit of success...

Edited by oafc0000

I paid to watch Man U, Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn over the last couple of years... I still reckon I am a real fan... Each to there own though...

Didn't mean it like that. I mean no real latics fan would stop going to watch latics altogether to go and watch another team full time. I've no problem with people going to watch the odd premier league game. Hell, i even used to go and watch liverpool a few times a season before the prices got silly, though that isn't random, i actually "support" liverpool. But not in the same way as i support latics obviously :wink:

I usually pay £20 to get into Latics since not having a season ticket. Don't really mind but I would be seriously put off if it was to get much higher. When I ahve been to premier league games recently the tickets have been priced £35-£45, so it doesnt seem to bad in comparison taking into account the standards of football.

Exactly, i don't care if i could watch premier league football for a tenner, i'd still go to watch latics! No real latics fan would go and watch another team no matter how much cheaper it is.

I agree, but I was that pissed off last season at watching that boring :censored:e under Penney I stayed in the pub for the Gillingham game, I only went to FIVE away games (Normally it's 15+) and I went to less than 30 games for the first time since I worked during 96/97 at weekends and whilst Latics weren't playing on these particular nights I took in a game each at Eastlands and Old Trafford and thoroughly enjoyed the footballand the eight goals I saw over the two games if not my surroundings.

This season the mood is different, we're skint, the players are young and hungry and there's something of a siege mentality rather than the doom and gloom, defeatist mentality that has surrounded the club over the last couple of years. No matter how dodgy we get over the year, I won't willingly miss a home match this year and despite the :censored:e I watched last year my season ticket was renewed in May.

I know two ex-Latics season ticket holders who now have season tickets at JJB. I can't understand it myself, as I go to cheer to cheer on my hometown team, but over the years they've become more, if you like 'football' fans than Oldham fans, and prefer to go JJB for a similar price and get to see teams like Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs fielding some of the world's best players on a regular basis. We can't compete.

they've got to be pretty much unique - i've never heard of anyone doing that before

Reducing ticket prices would only ever stack up with a new stadium where there's other stuff to spend money on that goes straight into the clubs coffers as opposed to, eg some outside catering firm.

Provide a team that wins matches and is good to watch and more people will happily pay £20

In fact, provide attractive football winning or otherwise and crowds will go up