New Stadium - Standing

I saw Morecambes new £12 million stadium on the TV at the weekend. Half of it is standing!

Does anybody know why they can build a new stadium and have standing behind both goals? Is there a chance of us being able to do the same?

The old ground wasn't all-seater so they can do. We were part of the Prem when the Taylor report came out so we had to go all-seater and once you do you can have standing areas again until they change the rules/laws.

The old ground wasn't all-seater so they can do. We were part of the Prem when the Taylor report came out so we had to go all-seater and once you do you can have standing areas again until they change the rules/laws.

So the likes of Chesterfield and Donny could have had standing at there new stadiums on that basis???

My understanding is when we move to Failsworth we could have standing if the council are happy to sign the safety certificate... Which they probably wouldn't... It also makes questionable business sense if the aim is to go up the leagues...

Personally I would put standing back in...

So the likes of Chesterfield and Donny could have had standing at there new stadiums on that basis???

If they have ambitions to play at Championship level or higher (and Donny certainly did) they would have to go all seater within 3 years of reaching those heights.

So some could say installing a standing area would show a "lack of ambition".

If they have ambitions to play at Championship level or higher (and Donny certainly did) they would have to go all seater within 3 years of reaching those heights.

Fair enough, makes sense to go all seating then!

Its all academic really.

If we carry on like the start we have had, we'll be in the Champioship before the turf has been cut. :wink:

PS Not that I am predicting that, I predict injuries will bite, and we'll drop a bit, so no expectations from me.

Just hope that we are in position to be challenging for the play off spots come April would make me very happy and exceed my expectations.

Edited by singe

Oh no -don't stir the Corp again. :wink: