Oldham V Yeovil Town

All Right guys lets hope this saturday we beat Yeovil Town we may see some ex latics players returning back to Boundary Park.I belive there is no danger from Yeovil Town so i am going for 3-0 win fingers cross.

Does anyone know will there be minute's applause for Adam Stansfield who sadly passed away two weeks ago after losing his battle with cancer the ex Exeter City player.

Cheers

RoyleArmy

Edited by RoyleArmy

All Right guys lets hope this saturday we beat Yeovil Town we may see some ex latics players returning back to Boundary Park.I belive there is no danger from Yeovil Town so i am going for 3-0 win finger cross.

Does anyone know will there be minute's applause for Adam Stansfield who sadly passed away two weeks ago after losing his battle with cancer the ex Exeter City player.

Cheers

RoyleArmy

Stansfield played for Yeovil too. I think you're a little over-confident against a team we have failed to beat since Feb '08. The last four meetings 0-2, 2-2, 0-0, 0-3...i'll take 1-0 now..

Stansfield played for Yeovil too. I think you're a little over-confident against a team we have failed to beat since Feb '08. The last four meetings 0-2, 2-2, 0-0, 0-3...i'll take 1-0 now..

Dickov Barmy Army will win as he got his team playing in the right way.

I'd happily take a 1-0 win.

i too would be happy with a 1-0 win....however knowing how dissapointed dickov was with not bagging all 3 points against charlton,and the fact its a home game,and yeovil havent had the best of starts...i can quite easily see a 2 or even 3 niller...

i too would be happy with a 1-0 win....however knowing how dissapointed dickov was with not bagging all 3 points against charlton,and the fact its a home game,and yeovil havent had the best of starts...i can quite easily see a 2 or even 3 niller...

id like us to give them a real good hiding....stamp some authority on this league and show anyone who might have a few doubts about us,,,we are at the top and we are staying there...

All Right guys lets hope this saturday we beat Yeovil Town we may see some ex latics players returning back to Boundary Park.I belive there is no danger from Yeovil Town so i am going for 3-0 win fingers cross.

Cheers

RoyleArmy

I doubt as didn't this happen before the Notts game and there was no mins silence then

This is exactly the type of game we need to command and win in a canter if the early season form is to live up with the hype. Bristol Rovers likewise.

We've had a great start to the season and seen more entertaining football in the three opening games than the whole of last season put together and should be more than thankful for that, however, I don't think we've played anywhere near as well as we could and when everything clicks and falls in to place we are going to absolutely batter one or two of our rivals in this league....if one of them is Yeovil then so be it!!!

I really can't remember being this excited about an Oldham team since the Joe Royle era.....if we can be consistent over the next few weeks and stay at or near the top, the confidence within our team, especially the younger players will just grow and grow.

If the stayaways would just comeback and take a look at this team they would be dumbfounded, a massive, massive difference in attitude and commitment is there for all to see. I know it's very early days and there's a long long way to go but I reckon this team could prove to be as good as anything in this league and has the potential to go all the way.

And we were appalled at Charlton's over-confidence. I think a few are getting a little too carried away. This is where the negativity comes of we slip to a draw or a defeat. THREE games in the league people. It's an encouraging start but that's all it is - a start.

Give me a 1-0 win any day! Weren't we all slagging the charlton fans off last week for being over-confident? Let's not do the same! I personally can see it being a draw. Its the sort of game that every season we expect to win but usually struggle. Hopefully this team is different and we'll beat teams that we should do at home. Only time will tell...

And we were appalled at Charlton's over-confidence. I think a few are getting a little too carried away. This is where the negativity comes of we slip to a draw or a defeat. THREE games in the league people. It's an encouraging start but that's all it is - a start.

+Sh*t loads - woah there everyone.

Yep, best to chill out, take stock and prepare ourselves for a tough game. We're not Argentina/Spain/Germany all rolled into one. We're not going to smash teams off the park week in, week out. This is exactly the type of fixture where we need to grind out a result.

He aint done anything dodgy for about 10 months.

In the context of "he's a league one keeper" he's meeting expectations. There is room for him to improve though.

I still think that there's a communication issue between Brill and his back 4. In the two games I've seen this season he still doesn't come for crosses that I would expect a decent keeper to be coming for and this does lead to panic and confusion in front of him.

He's first choice on merit and has made some excellent saves. He could become a better keeper though.

In the context of "he's a league one keeper" he's meeting expectations. There is room for him to improve though.

I still think that there's a communication issue between Brill and his back 4. In the two games I've seen this season he still doesn't come for crosses that I would expect a decent keeper to be coming for and this does lead to panic and confusion in front of him.

He's first choice on merit and has made some excellent saves. He could become a better keeper though.

He's still very young for a keeper. He's got the potential to be more than just a decent league one keeper.

Yep, best to chill out, take stock and prepare ourselves for a tough game. We're not Argentina/Spain/Germany all rolled into one. We're not going to smash teams off the park week in, week out. This is exactly the type of fixture where we need to grind out a result.

That's exactly what Paul Dickov will be thinking, he won't let the players get complacent and nullify a good away point from Saturday by dropping points at home.

And that's why we'll hammer 'em. :wink: