Oldham V Yeovil Town

In the context of "he's a league one keeper" he's meeting expectations. There is room for him to improve though.

I still think that there's a communication issue between Brill and his back 4. In the two games I've seen this season he still doesn't come for crosses that I would expect a decent keeper to be coming for and this does lead to panic and confusion in front of him.

He's first choice on merit and has made some excellent saves. He could become a better keeper though.

You serious? I've been to 3 games out of the 4, and i haven't seen any of the above issues. He's claimed many crosses and punched well in those games without causing any uncertainty or panic. He's made point blank saves to keep us in games, and has been performing above average for me.

I can't see how you can say he doesn't communicate as its the main voice from our side you hear on the pitch during a game, which has been backed up by people on here as good trait of his, some even saying he was a candidate for captain because of this side of his game.

He aint done anything dodgy for about 10 months.

Mostly with crosses. Always seems to stay on his line, and goes for it and misses it (happened once or twice against Notts especially around our six yard box, where i keeper should control).

Hopefully PG will improve his confidence on coming to claim crosses.

You serious? I've been to 3 games out of the 4, and i haven't seen any of the above issues. He's claimed many crosses and punched well in those games without causing any uncertainty or panic. He's made point blank saves to keep us in games, and has been performing above average for me.

I can't see how you can say he doesn't communicate as its the main voice from our side you hear on the pitch during a game, which has been backed up by people on here as good trait of his, some even saying he was a candidate for captain because of this side of his game.

He's been vocal with his defence "after events" which is great.

Watch for the crosses. I am very uncomfortable with him on anything between 2 yards and 8 yards from goal. He comes for some and not for others and I reckon there's a number of occasions when defeners are expecting the call and it simply doesn't come. Which will cost us a goal sooner or later.

Don't get me wrong, he's doing ok this season. But I think there are things he can be doing better.

Mostly with crosses. Always seems to stay on his line, and goes for it and misses it (happened once or twice against Notts especially around our six yard box, where i keeper should control).

Hopefully PG will improve his confidence on coming to claim crosses.

There's been plenty if recent blunders from Premiership keepers, I suspect Joe Hart even in his brilliant form won't be immune this season.

There's been plenty if recent blunders from Premiership keepers, I suspect Joe Hart even in his brilliant form won't be immune this season.

Aside from the sublime double save from Hart against Liverpool, I thought he looked nothing better than okay. His distribution was awful, no, infact it was worse that Pog's distribution!! He wasn't communicating well with his back 4 and at times looked nervous. The double save of course masked his overall performance which was at best average.

Don't get me wrong Hart will be an amazing GK in the future and maybe it was just nerves playing at home in a massive game as No 1, for a genuine big side now, knowing one mistake and your out of the team to be replaced by an equally brilliant GK in Given.

As for Dean Brill not making any clangers for 10 months.........wasn't he responsible for one of Charltons goals on the last day of the season back in May???

Hopefully Paul Gerrard will concentrate on the weaker areas of his game, such as his command of the area and decision making.

Aside from the sublime double save from Hart against Liverpool, I thought he looked nothing better than okay. His distribution was awful, no, infact it was worse that Pog's distribution!! He wasn't communicating well with his back 4 and at times looked nervous. The double save of course masked his overall performance which was at best average.

Don't get me wrong Hart will be an amazing GK in the future and maybe it was just nerves playing at home in a massive game as No 1, for a genuine big side now, knowing one mistake and your out of the team to be replaced by an equally brilliant GK in Given.

As for Dean Brill not making any clangers for 10 months.........wasn't he responsible for one of Charltons goals on the last day of the season back in May???

Hopefully Paul Gerrard will concentrate on the weaker areas of his game, such as his command of the area and decision making.

Brilliant :lol:

He's been vocal with his defence "after events" which is great.

Watch for the crosses. I am very uncomfortable with him on anything between 2 yards and 8 yards from goal. He comes for some and not for others and I reckon there's a number of occasions when defeners are expecting the call and it simply doesn't come. Which will cost us a goal sooner or later.

Don't get me wrong, he's doing ok this season. But I think there are things he can be doing better.

Precisely my point, but i am uncomfortable any cross within his 18 yard box that he should be able to claim but mostly from his line to about 8 yards.

Hopefully Gerrard will be able to give him tips on how to deal with crosses and how to impose himself in his penalty area.

In a word, no. Bit difficult considering he wasn't even on the pitch. :lol:

look decent odds to me 8/11 if you could get another 10 to make a good accumulater

To be honest looking at our track record against Yeovil, odds of 3/1 for a Yeovil win wouldnt be a bad bet either! Especially in a 4 match away win accumulator!!

In a word, no. Bit difficult considering he wasn't even on the pitch. :lol:

Come on Zorrro, dont let the facts cloud a good whitch-hunt...

I'm more nervous about saturday than I was about Charlton. If I were to pick two 'easy' home games. I'd probably pick anyone buy Yeovil and Brizzle. Two quick, skillful teams, who have quite frankly battered us every time we have played them. Even the win agaisnt rovers last season wasnt exactly convincing...

Ah well... in the Glacdickovs we trust....

Dean has been doing great ever since Dickov came in, very much part of the team who have got to 2nd in the league. Cut the guy some slack and support him, after last seasons errors he's now putting in performances we would expect. Definately Oldham's no.1.

What about the 3 top drawer saves against Tottenham? Hart is in unbelievable form and has proved in 2 games that he is by far the best Keeper in England!

go for 0-0

Yep, 0-0 or 1-1 I think. We'll have a few good chances early on and go 1 up. Then the play will slow down and they'll get one from nothing just before half time. Second half will be a non-event. This happenes everytime we play a team at home that on paper we should be beating relatively confortably. Dickov's team don't look like the sort to fall into this trap but i'll believe it when I see it.

Yep, 0-0 or 1-1 I think. We'll have a few good chances early on and go 1 up. Then the play will slow down and they'll get one from nothing just before half time. Second half will be a non-event. This happenes everytime we play a team at home that on paper we should be beating relatively confortably. Dickov's team don't look like the sort to fall into this trap but i'll believe it when I see it.

+1