Failsworth Land decision

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats positive... right? :blink:

Why can they just say summat like

"the committe has come to the decision that they can swap the pointless bit of land that is holding the whole bloody process up, however they now need some other pointless pencil-pushers to say it is ok"

If the Charity Commission accept the proposal, it should be a goer to bang in planning permission etc...

And basically, since the Council sub-committee has done public consultation, all the Charity Commission has to do it seems is;

a. Verify the Council sub-committee are not inexplicably acting out of the interests of the Trust, which should be a mere formality, as to allege otherwise would be a very grave alegation.

b. The Trust will not lower in 'value', financial or otherwise, via this deal. Presumably the sub-committee will have done it's homework (well, it's job really) and provided sufficient evidence that the land to be swapped is of at least equal value to the Lower Memoria land.

So, I would take this announcement as a very positive step, and hope we are only mere formalities away from getting some proper meaty planning proposals in.

And basically, since the Council sub-committee has done public consultation, all the Charity Commission has to do it seems is;

a. Verify the Council sub-committee are not inexplicably acting out of the interests of the Trust, which should be a mere formality, as to allege otherwise would be a very grave alegation.

b. The Trust will not lower in 'value', financial or otherwise, via this deal. Presumably the sub-committee will have done it's homework (well, it's job really) and provided sufficient evidence that the land to be swapped is of at least equal value to the Lower Memoria land.

So, I would take this announcement as a very positive step, and hope we are only mere formalities away from getting some proper meaty planning proposals in.

Corney did mention in his interview the other day summat about planning permission going in for some of the Failsworth site in a few weeks. He was a little ambiguous though...

Corney did mention in his interview the other day summat about planning permission going in for some of the Failsworth site in a few weeks. He was a little ambiguous though...

Would imagine thats for whatever they intend to build on the lancaster club. As that is private land, so there is absolutely sweet FA the failsworth nimbys can do to stop development on that land

I get the feeling that the next planning application is going to be the real pivotal point of this plan (alliteration not intended!). I think we will see what work has gone into generating revenue streams and/or funding for the new stadium complex at that point with what is to be included in the plan.

Edited by bpmarko

Iceberg Rich, a couple of threads below.....

d'oh ... sorted :blush:

so will this new ground go ahead Rick or not cheers i read the statement but couldnt understand what oafc were saying sorry to say.

It means they have picked some new land to allow the club in principle to have the land at failsworth. still early days

Eventually, is about as near as you can expect!

I would expect that the Charity decision is just about rubber stamped. I can hear John Arnold now flicking though pages of legal docs salivating at the next move.

There is not a long way next but I fear yet more legal moves by just a few nimbys.

I would expect that the Charity decision is just about rubber stamped. I can hear John Arnold now flicking though pages of legal docs salivating at the next move.

There is not a long way next but I fear yet more legal moves by just a few nimbys.

One would imagine any legal moves would cost us a lot of time... Time we might not have... Even though they might not win in court I wonder if we can survive long enough to win... I think that is my biggest worry...

One would imagine any legal moves would cost us a lot of time... Time we might not have... Even though they might not win in court I wonder if we can survive long enough to win... I think that is my biggest worry...

Latics will survive unless Blitz calls it in.

So where is the money coming from for this new stadium now that our benefactors have done one, presumabley taking the money from Boundary Park with them?

From the sale of BP... But it begs the question where do we play between BP being sold and Failsworth being built...