England.

England went some way to ridding themselves of their World Cup 2010 hangover and also silencing manager Fabio Capello's critics as Jermain Defoe's hat-trick helped slay Bulgaria in the Three Lions' first Euro 2012 qualifier.

Great game but i am still mad the way we went out of the world cup.

the news on Scholes below i added the link

http://www.skysports.com/story/0%2C%2C1969...-USS_01DBC.html

Edited by RoyleArmy

I was bored :censored:less, a poor England team beating a poorer Bulgarian team. I bet Harry Redknapp is well pleased in losing the two mainstays of his team...I was so enthralled I found more entertainment in Northern Ireland's backs to the wall win in Slovenia. Great effort from the whole team, not least Feeney.

England went some way to ridding themselves of their World Cup 2010 hangover and also silencing manager Fabio Capello's critics as Jermain Defoe's hat-trick helped slay Bulgaria in the Three Lions' first Euro 2012 qualifier.

Oh my good God, where did you copy that from?

It was a disjointed, stuttering performance that proved Capello has learnt absolutely nothing from last summer's debacle. We will, no doubt, qualify with relative ease once again, playing 4-4-2 against rubbish teams, and, once again, we'll go into the finals with the same tired formation and many of the same tired players and get battered by the first half decent team we meet.

If I cared, I'd find it truly depressing.

Rooney had another mare

I knew that'd come out on here quickly enough.

This "mare" Rooney had? Four assists and the only decent stuff England played going through him not enough for the Rooney haters? Are they really so simple that he has to score to appease them?

(Admittedly he could do with an England goal... but he looked an awful lot better tonight than in any game in SA)

That's not to say Rooney was great for 90 minutes - nobody was, except Hart.

Positives: Hart, Defoe, Jagielka, an improving Rooney

Negatives: the formation, the manager, Glenn Johnson, Barry, Dawson (and his injury), an erratic Gerrard, an even more erratic Walcott

I knew that'd come out on here quickly enough.

Well you did choose to ignore the second line in my post.

This "mare" Rooney had? Four assists and the only decent stuff England played going through him not enough for the Rooney haters? Are they really so simple that he has to score to appease them?

I am not a Rooney hater. But the number of times he gave the ball away was remarkably high.

Well you did choose to ignore the second line in my post.

Are you sure you didn't add that later...? :lol:

No? Ok, guilty as charged. :unsure:

To be honest, apart from one glaring missed flick in the first half and a dodgy cross field ball in the second I thought he kept possession pretty well.

Better than Gerrard, who seems to be back to attempting the Hollywood pass every time he gets the ball.

It's all irrelevant. The main thing from getting beat by Jerry was that we learnt from it. We should have gotten 10,000 coaches descending on our youths and taught them how to pass, etc.

None of this has happened and it is utterly disgraceful.

NB. In Premierworld land. Dawson's career is in trouble through injury. At all levels. I honestly don't care.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

It's all irrelevant. The main thing from getting beat by Jerry was that we learnt from it. We should have gotten 10,000 coaches descending on our youths and taught them how to pass, etc.

None of this has happened and it is utterly disgraceful.

This'll never happen though. Too many people too set in their ways about how football should be played. The amazing thing is that so few people can see what the problem is. Our ball retention is truly awful, we only know how to play 'the british way', a style of football which wins you :censored: all on the international stage. Our so called stars don't know how to play posession football. You can't teach a football brain, the scouting system at grass roots is where it all falls down.

I think I'm beyond caring for England now.

I just can't stand the players, the setup, the manager. The players don't give a shít, why should I?

The problem is it's like a son on drugs, you don't stop giving a toss because they are going up the wrong alleyway. I just see us being addicted to :censored: football for, well do the sums: Proper coaching of youngesters breeds good players and until then we won't win :censored:. The coaching is of five, six, seven year olds and is 15 years away. It isn't going to happen until England get leathered at least at the European Championships bby Azerbaijan or similar. That's 17 years AT LEAST before we have a team better than Belgium.

Frankly, the whole of the FA want shooting and Chris Waddle should be able to spend all the basquillions in a two minute rant.