• Rodrigue Dikaba
    • Chris Taylor
    • Oumare Tounkara
    • Dean Kelly
    • Joe Jacobson
    • Paul Dickov

Player Ratings

Brill - 8 – Crucial saves and the goal was not his fault

Black - 4 – Worst game by him in a blue shirt, good effort but got taken on too many times and his crossing was way below par

MVoto - 3 – Shocking display by him, he can’t deal with over the top balls and the goal was his fault (by an over the top ball...). His passing is average and he made the defence look shaky.

Jarrett – 6 – Not his best game but held any control in the defence and kept calm.

Lee – 6 – Didn’t really do much special but him and Dikaba worked well.

Taylor – 7 – Still doesn’t look fit, glad he scored but lost position too many times to rate higher

Furman – 9 – Solid and commanded the midfield. Would of got a 10 if his shot went in.

Stephens – 7 – Seen better from him but his free kicks came close

Dikaba – 8 – Brilliant showing on the right, controlled the balls over to him and looked better than Smalley on Tuesday

Tounkara – 6 – How did he miss it?

Kelly – 8 – Worked hard and shouldn’t of been taken off at the end.

Player Ratings

Black - 4 – Worst game by him in a blue shirt, good effort but got taken on too many times and his crossing was way below par

MVoto - 3 – Shocking display by him, he can’t deal with over the top balls and the goal was his fault (by an over the top ball...). His passing is average and he made the defence look shaky.

Jarrett – 6 – Not his best game but held any control in the defence and kept calm.

Taylor – 7 – Still doesn’t look fit, glad he scored but lost position too many times to rate higher

Furman – 9 – Solid and commanded the midfield. Would of got a 10 if his shot went in.

Dikaba – 8 – Brilliant showing on the right, controlled the balls over to him and looked better than Smalley on Tuesday

how? was it not jarrett who let it bounce then let his player get the wrong side of him before not dealing with it and then letting him get his shot off leaving brill stranded?

K

how? was it not jarrett who let it bounce then let his player get the wrong side of him before not dealing with it and then letting him get his shot off leaving brill stranded?

It was his bad ball that put us in the :censored: but was allright apart from that. Furman Mon by a country mile. Lee and Kelly was also excellent

MVoto yet again couldn't head an easy ball away from defence or directly to Brill so Jarrett wouldn't of expected to be needed in that situation and looked off guard to me. I'd like to see it again no doubt but I reckon from one viewing the majority of the fault should go onto MVoto.

I usually go for Mr Furman and again an excellent game

However, I going to go this time for another Dean....Yes Dean Brill.

Well done Mr Brill, some excellent saves to keep us it in. oh yes and another "Dean" had a good game to well done Mr Kelly

I am still aghast how that header of the tanks did not go in

Another two points lost but we remain unbeaten and some mind boggling results in our division to boot too

Edited by underdog

Furman.

Easiest decision of the season.

Lee had a good game too and Brill, in my view not in any way at fault for the goal, made a couple of terrific saves.

M'voto scares the hell out me. Please get fit soon Reuben! Kelly is lightweight and I'd play Feeney instead when he's back. I'm not comfortable with Dickov having to come on to do the job of the striker - our strikers need to deliver in the box and not just rely on our midfielders shooting (quite well) from outside the box.

Wednesday might be top, but no team has yet taken a grip of this league. So we need to keep plugging away and turn days like today in to 3 points.

Next week will be tougher.

Player Ratings

I have to dissagree on your scoring.

Brill way ok, more like a 7. Mvoto and Jarrett had a really poor first half but both were solid in second half, so I think 3 for Mvoto was unfair. Black was ok, he was taking a lot of traffic down his flank and he put a few good crosses in, certainly not a 4.

And thats all i got to say about that... however offical matchball sponsors man of the match was Taylor, which was unfair on Furnam

black got ran ragged today but that was always going to happen one day. hes a young kid and will bounce back

i thought mvoto played alright in the sencond half. a 3 is a bad rating. more like a 5.

i voted for lee. he is getting better and better every game he plays.

MVoto yet again couldn't head an easy ball away from defence or directly to Brill so Jarrett wouldn't of expected to be needed in that situation and looked off guard to me. I'd like to see it again no doubt but I reckon from one viewing the majority of the fault should go onto MVoto.

so your admitting that jarrett was caught off gaurd or to put it another way not paying attention but you think the blame should lie with mvoto? in that case it should b the fault of whichever player allowed the ball to be played forward before mvoto headed it away or perhaps the player who allowed the pass to get to the player who played the ball over?

I've seen the match highlights and I now see why you blame Jarrett for the bad pass so he's partly at blame but that header should of been a textbook clearence and the problem would have been dealt with. If it was Gregan you'd let him off but MVoto has done this way too many times in the little time he's been here. Dickov get him sorted in training doing some long ball headers.

Player Ratings

Brill - 8 – Crucial saves and the goal was not his fault - partly to blame as he was way too far off his line - that apart he had a good game

Black - 4 – Worst game by him in a blue shirt, good effort but got taken on too many times and his crossing was way below par - Hoskins gave him a lot to do second half - average game from Black

MVoto - 3 – Shocking display by him, he can’t deal with over the top balls and the goal was his fault (by an over the top ball...). His passing is average and he made the defence look shaky. - Won everything in the air and two or three poor headers back to the keeper caused us problems - more like a 5 for me

Jarrett – 6 – Not his best game but held any control in the defence and kept calm. - Looked slow at times and lacking sharpness - got better as the game wore on

Lee – 6 – Didn’t really do much special but him and Dikaba worked well. - Lee was neat and tidy throughout - shows his pedigree every game

Taylor – 7 – Still doesn’t look fit, glad he scored but lost position too many times to rate higher - best game so far for me - once again he took up many good positions and was not brought into play enough - hence his wandering - getting better each game

Furman – 9 – Solid and commanded the midfield. Would of got a 10 if his shot went in. Great game - too many niggling fouls for my liking - on another day he would have been in the book - but went close to a MOM display

Stephens – 7 – Seen better from him but his free kicks came close - poor game - missed too many obvious balls and why persist with the same free kick option? The one time he changed it we scored!

Dikaba – 8 – Brilliant showing on the right, controlled the balls over to him and looked better than Smalley on Tuesday - poor until the second half when he was our 'out ball' wide right, then had a great spell on the ball - not the best crosser of the ball though

Tounkara – 6 – How did he miss it? Again too many flicks and lay-offs for me - why does he not hold up the ball occasionally? Should have had two goals

Kelly – 8 – Worked hard and shouldn’t of been taken off at the end. - Neat and tidy - will get better with more games - looked tired at the end

and as for the player/manager... looked like that should be his one and only appearance... :wink:

Edited by TheBigDog

and as for the player/manager... looked like that should be his one and only appearance... :wink:

You could forgive him for being a bit rusty.....i did worry about how it might affect the balance of the team though - "must pass it to the gaffer, must pass it to the gaffer, must pass it to the gaffer....." :wink:

I've seen the match highlights and I now see why you blame Jarrett for the bad pass so he's partly at blame but that header should of been a textbook clearence and the problem would have been dealt with. If it was Gregan you'd let him off but MVoto has done this way too many times in the little time he's been here. Dickov get him sorted in training doing some long ball headers.

i agree mvoto was also at fault but not soley at fault and dont think you can put the majority of the blame on him. he did seem to do a few dodgy headers first half. think the problem is both of them are inexperienced mvoto due to age and jarrett not his position both need either greegs or rubuen to talk them through everything

You could forgive him for being a bit rusty.....i did worry about how it might affect the balance of the team though - "must pass it to the gaffer, must pass it to the gaffer, must pass it to the gaffer....." :wink:

i said that very same thing. seemed to make people nervous and if he shouted they ignored all other options. think that needs to be looked at

Furman was great on Saturday, he was the player we hoped we were getting when he signed so he gets my vote.

Mvoto had a great game for me, he won everything, it's a shame him and Jarrett let themselves down for the goal in what would have been an excellent display by our centre halves otherwise.

Brill again came good when he was called upon; and my worries that Kelly coming out of amatur football like he has would be a step to far seem to be un-founded. He first touch and the fact he always seemed to be available, coupled with a great work ethic nearly made him get my vote. He just needed a goal for that though....... and he's gonna need to play facing the goal more often for that to happen.

A final mention goes to Taylor, VERY quiet in the first half apart from the goal, but in the second he showed the sort of form that attracted so much attention a few seasons ago.