worthington fighting to prove his worth

been sent off for the reserves. proving dickov was wrong in his assesment of him?

good way to change the gaffers mind

reserves

gregan taken off after 56mins saving him for saturday or still not close?

Gregan was booked too so they may have shielded him from a sending off.

been sent off for the reserves. proving dickov was wrong in his assesment of him?

good way to change the gaffers mind

reserves

If the referee is true to his word and reports Worthy for what he said in the immediate aftermath of the red card, he will miss more than one game. I'm not sure how getting dismissed for two very late challenges helps his cause either.

It was a decent enough game overall. DJ's pass for the goal was sublime and it was a decent curling finish from Smalley too.

Now, I'm not one for tradition for the sake of it. I hate it when people's only defence of keeping something going is "It's traditional". However, tonight in Stalybridge, I was fortunate enough to just miss my train to Manchester after the game and was forced to sup a pint in the legendary Buffet Bar on the station. I was about halfway down the pint when the landlord came over with a plate of hot, buttered crumpets and I was offered one. The surprise must've been showing in my face and my attempt at a sincere "thank you" was dismissed by the landlord with the words "It's traditional on a Tuesday". Now that's the kind of tradition I can live with and I hope there are many more Tuesday night reserve games at Bower Fold.

Edited by Takemeanywhere

Now, I'm not one for tradition for the sake of it. I hate it when people's only defence of keeping something going is "It's traditional". However, tonight in Stalybridge, I was fortunate enough to just miss my train to Manchester after the gane and was forced to sup a pint in the legendary Buffet Bar on the station. I was about halfway down the pint when the landlord came over with a plate of hot, buttered crumpets and I was offered one. The surpise must've been showing in my face and my attempt at a sincere "thank you" were dismissed by the landlord with the words "It's traditional on a Tuesday". Now that's the kind of tradition I can live with and I hope there are many more Tuesday night reserve games at Bower Fold.

IIRC when James may and Oz Clarke did a programme on the drinks of Britain they stopped at Stalybridge station (and Hudds) as they were fine examples of the traditional British Station pub. (I think Hudds has its own brewery)

IIRC when James may and Oz Clarke did a programme on the drinks of Britain they stopped at Stalybridge station (and Hudds) as they were fine examples of the traditional British Station pub. (I think Hudds has its own brewery)

Yeah, it's a good trip to do, is that. The one at Hudds is called the Head of Steam and does brew it's own ales.