Andrew Flintoff forced to retire

At least he went out on a high last Summer. A shame but I suppose his body could only take so much. I hope his larger than life personality is not lost to the game. I'd like to see him join the Sky commentary team. I hope he'll be remembered for the '05 and '09 Ashes series rather than the numerous failures he was part of.

I think Broad is slowly but surely becoming a similar all rounder, gaining in consistency and still a relatively young boy.

Freddie...

Edited by oafcprozac

I think they have been drawing this out for the last year, he makes huge money by being Andy Flintoff so they've kept his profile high with stories about his comeback. He moved to Dubai for the coprporate hospitality market which doesn't really suggest he was going to be turning out at Taunton on a Thursday morning in May. World class bowler, shame he never achieved anything like his potential with the bat.

I think they have been drawing this out for the last year, he makes huge money by being Andy Flintoff so they've kept his profile high with stories about his comeback. He moved to Dubai for the coprporate hospitality market which doesn't really suggest he was going to be turning out at Taunton on a Thursday morning in May. World class bowler, shame he never achieved anything like his potential with the bat.

Eeeeh, you're a bloody cynic... :grin:

When you look at the stats, he wasn't all that special really.

I don't think looking at stats gives you an honest picture... You have to remember how many times Flintoff played himself back into form from injury... When fit Flintoff was one of the best cricketers this country has ever had...

I don't think looking at stats gives you an honest picture... You have to remember how many times Flintoff played himself back into form from injury... When fit Flintoff was one of the best cricketers this country has ever had...

Although I can't be bothered doing the research, I suspect his 2003-2005 stats tell the story about the Freddie we remember.