spare tickets for Sheff Wed re The Sun Offer

Okay, then. Let's cut to the chase. I reckon I'm very likely to go - so £10 including postage (I guess that's something like £9.60 without).

NB. If you want to bid on a cuckooclock I drunkenly had a go at on Sunday feel free.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOOD-CLEAN-BLACK-FOR...=item45f53e21b2

:shock:

£10.10 :wink:

and dont think it will go with anything so i'll give this one a pass? :grin:

Well I might as well join the fun with selling a Sheffield Wednesday match ticket on Ebay.

I was going to try and offload it outside the ground but this might be easier...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT

No reserve so you could get it for a total of £1.98! :chubb:

Edited by oafckev

£10.10 :wink:

and dont think it will go with anything so i'll give this one a pass? :grin:

The strange thing is I like the clock - but for Gods sake, it's at £122 and I'm still winning. I wouldn't mind but I bidded higher on a different clock. Come on A****1 or whatever you are called.

Damn me and my drunken Sundays.

Well I might as well join the fun with selling a Sheffield Wednesday match ticket on Ebay.

I was going to try and offload it outside the ground but this might be easier...

Pretty sure that's illegal.

Many of the touts simply get round it by advertising an item of tat, badge, scarf, programme etc at an exorbitant amount then stating that the ticket is 'free'

Many of the touts simply get round it by advertising an item of tat, badge, scarf, programme etc at an exorbitant amount then stating that the ticket is 'free'

That is reportable too.

Kev I would take it down yourself as if it goes through ebay trust & saftey you could find a lot of hassle with listings in the future.

I remember in the days before Sunday opening was legal for DIY stores, B&Q started opening their doors in a challenge to long-standing laws.

They only sold fruit and veg though (which was legal).

"Buy this orange for £99 and walk away with a free lawnmower" type offers were all the rage!

Well who's losing out if it is illegal? The Sun and NPower have got me buying the paper with has the adverts in it which pays for this deal, Wednesday will get the rest of the ticket paid by NPower/The Sun, you can get a ticket cheaper than the matchday prices and I make my costs back for my ticket plus that one. Ebay and Paypal even make money on me using their website to offer the deal and the commission from it so they can't complain.

It's not as if its the World Cup final and I'm buying 40 tickets for a sell out match and selling them for 3 times the price. It was just going to be a ticket for my mate who's not been for a while due to him losing his job etc so it's hardly the crime of the century is it?

And Prozac I'm aware of that cheeky loophole but for a match like this I thought I'd not bother and just stick it up like it is. If anyone wants to offer me some money for the ticket off Ebay it doesn't bother me at all. If it doesn't sell on here/Ebay I'll just offer it outside the ground to someone who's about to pay £21 to get in but I'm offering it here now as it's out of the way for me to have a few pints before the match.

Why not grab a bargain eh?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wednesday-v-Oldham-2...=item4aa4bf4367

I remember in the days before Sunday opening was legal for DIY stores, B&Q started opening their doors in a challenge to long-standing laws.

"Buy this orange for £99 and walk away with a free lawnmower" type offers were all the rage!

Sympathise with the intent Kev but here is the regs from ebay prohibited items:

The resale of tickets for football matches is highly regulated in England and Wales for a number of reasons, including security at sports events. Criminal law often prohibits the resale of such football tickets. For these reasons, all listings for football tickets to association football matches occurring in England or Wales, or involving an English or Welsh national or club team playing outside England or Wales, are prohibited.

In addition, all listings for tickets to association football matches occurring anywhere in the world that are part of a competition or tournament organised by FIFA or UEFA and that an English or Welsh national or club team has participated in, or is eligible to participate in, are also prohibited.

For the avoidance of doubt this prohibition includes (without limitation) the following matches:

English Premiership, Football League, Football Conference and League of Wales matches

World Cup and European Championships matches (including qualifying rounds)

International matches played in England or Wales (including friendlies)

Friendlies involving England or Wales

eBay may allow authorised sellers to list football tickets to these matches, but only through prior written agreement with eBay.

I think it would be more of a crime for one less Latics fan not to attend...

But in all seriousness I can fully understand that it may be technically 'illegal' but in all honesty I don't think that many people at Ebay care about Oldham Athletic tickets and the law is mainly in place to stop serious touts selling a mass of tickets to the top clubs. What I'm doing is basically the same as blokes stood outside Premiership stadiums selling tickets (which have more risk of being fake) who blatently sell them without fear in front of the Police. By me doing it this way it proves that the ticket I have is genuine and the buyer can buy in confidence and get the ticket in the post by monday at little cost. If I had bought 50 Sun's and was getting a brief business going to exploit the offer then I would understand the legal issues but for the tiny costs involved its no worse than someone doing 31mph in a 30 zone.

Do you recall the early Sunday football games. You paid for a teamsheet not to go in a football game. You could not charge for a professional spoting fixture on a Sunday so football clubs had to have a free game where you could get in without paying anything.

The one at Oldham was in the back it the club shop and they would let you through if you asked.

I found one at Crystal Palace one year for our game there - it was the police game which led into the away section.

But in all seriousness I can fully understand that it may be technically 'illegal' but in all honesty I don't think that many people at Ebay care about Oldham Athletic tickets and the law is mainly in place to stop serious touts selling a mass of tickets to the top clubs. What I'm doing is basically the same as blokes stood outside Premiership stadiums selling tickets (which have more risk of being fake) who blatently sell them without fear in front of the Police. By me doing it this way it proves that the ticket I have is genuine and the buyer can buy in confidence and get the ticket in the post by monday at little cost. If I had bought 50 Sun's and was getting a brief business going to exploit the offer then I would understand the legal issues but for the tiny costs involved its no worse than someone doing 31mph in a 30 zone.

Many have done this, in fact I 'bought' my offer tokens for the Brentford game off Ebay, but still saved a fair bit. Luckily for the Sheff Wed game I had my three tokens and managed to get one off O4U. People will sell anything on ebay, and idiots like me will buy it!

But in all seriousness I can fully understand that it may be technically 'illegal' but in all honesty I don't think that many people at Ebay care about Oldham Athletic tickets and the law is mainly in place to stop serious touts selling a mass of tickets to the top clubs.

You might be surprised mate - ebay dont give a stuff and they dont search out the "illegal" sales. They reply on other people "reporting" them.

I one had a account marked down as below standard for 12 months for selling a football ticket and the bugger of it was the ticket was for a game 10 years before.

Anyways... during our little chat about the legal issues I've had an offer away from Ebay so I will be pulling the auction (sorry to dissapoint the 4 people watching in the last 5 minutes who obviously don't care about whether its legal or not!) But the ticket is now officially sold and see you all at the match!