Macclesfield Town..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it also be the case that many have become disilusioned about how the club is run and the direction it is going and how it has been for 18 months now.

The owners started distancing themselves last season and have now severed ties. How many of us are looking forward to the next 5 years with real hope and optimism that good times are ahead? Project Failsworth has been a contenious issue to say the least and is already along way behind schedule. Their is no money to bring in players and in the corner we have a burnt out executive box which looks like a real eyesore (seriously is it going to be sat their like that for the next 3 years before we move to spotland.. sorry failsworth)

I'd rather move to Spotland than Failsworth. At least it aint Manchester.......

All this talk of the prices being too expensive is bull:censored:. Perhaps if you're unemployed and on income support then yes. But otherwise I think it's just a front for the real reasons of basically not being arsed.

Most of the people who are whinging about cost are probably the same ones who pay £50 plus for Sky sports every month. The same people who think nothing of pissing £50-£100 up the wall every Friday/Saturday or smoke 20 day. The cinema is a tenner to get in these days. Plus a drink, popcorn etc, you've little change from £20.

The point is, it's all about your priorities. If getting leathered every weekend is you thing, thats fine, but don't try and tell me that £20 for Latics is too expensive. In the majority of cases, it's just that you're not arsed.

All this talk of the prices being too expensive is bull:censored:. Perhaps if you're unemployed and on income support then yes. But otherwise I think it's just a front for the real reasons of basically not being arsed.

Most of the people who are whinging about cost are probably the same ones who pay £50 plus for Sky sports every month. The same people who think nothing of pissing £50-£100 up the wall every Friday/Saturday or smoke 20 day. The cinema is a tenner to get in these days. Plus a drink, popcorn etc, you've little change from £20.

The point is, it's all about your priorities. If getting leathered every weekend is you thing, thats fine, but don't try and tell me that £20 for Latics is too expensive. In the majority of cases, it's just that you're not arsed.

Exactamon. Said the same last week, mi amigo said 20 quid's too dear to watch third div football, to which i replied it is, but you'll be quite happy to spend 20 quid after the game on a few beers without a second thought, it seems ppl just don't wanna go anymore and will give any reason they can, but i appreciate that because as earlier mentioned, the grounds a sh1thole that doesn't make you want to attend and i agree, but i'd say try n forget that and come and watch the footy that's on offer coz i believe it's worth paying to watch this team and i haven't said that for a few years.

Exactamon. Said the same last week, mi amigo said 20 quid's too dear to watch third div football, to which i replied it is, but you'll be quite happy to spend 20 quid after the game on a few beers without a second thought, it seems ppl just don't wanna go anymore and will give any reason they can, but i appreciate that because as earlier mentioned, the grounds a sh1thole that doesn't make you want to attend and i agree, but i'd say try n forget that and come and watch the footy that's on offer coz i believe it's worth paying to watch this team and i haven't said that for a few years.

just to add my two pennarth to this debate .had to park my truck at the moss rose today prices for visiting fans were as folows

adults £14

consesions £10

under14 £8

under 10 free

which pretty much mirrors the levels that many are suggesting both on this and other threads

will finnish by saying what division are macclesfield struggling in with no money for those addmision prices in what is considered to be an affluant area ?

as corneys says we can lower addmisiion prices but expect league two football !

Edited by peanuts

It is cost and the crap stadium. I got a student pass on Saturday (at a cost of £13, which is a rip off if students are only back a couple of weekends a year). With the student pass it costs me eleven pounds in. Now on Saturday I ended up paying more than I would for an adult price, but thought it better in the long run. I walked out at half time because I was completely bored, by the football, the lack of atmosphere and the overall depressingness of sitting in BP. If I hadnt been able to get a student ticket, I definately wouldnt have gone. And I am now struggling to want to spend any more of my money, even at student rates. Im likely only to go to "big" games now (ie Sheff Weds, Huddersfield).

I used to enjoy the Lookers stand, at least it had some atmosphere unlike the Rocky Road end where kids sing stupid songs and think they are in Football Factory, the Main Stand where most would be better suited on Antiques Roadshow and the Chaddy End with its nice view of Steel Stanchions.

A new stadium is the only time I will consider spending £20 to get in Latics. And if Im honest, the 3 games I have seen Latics play in this year, I havent seen any major step up in quality or class on the pitch since Penney was here last year.

what the :censored: were you expecting??

were you aware you were at Latics not Barcelona??

it looks like you had your standards set to high, I went home happy because we got 3 points. To me nothing else mattered.

I can afford about 2 home games a month, with maybe a nearby away game too. Any more than that, such as three home games within a week and I then have to pick and choose.

Then again, if we weren't getting married I could probably stretch a bit more!

I can afford about 2 home games a month, with maybe a nearby away game too. Any more than that, such as three home games within a week and I then have to pick and choose.

Then again, if we weren't getting married I could probably stretch a bit more!

That's just it Jamie. I used to go to probably about a dozen aways a year on top of my season ticket. Now I'm lucky if I do two or three due to family commitments. We both have other black holes for our hard earned as do most. I still get to all home games because I am arsed (just!). With me though, I'll usually just go there buy a pie and come home again, so even pay on the day wouldn't be any more than £20 every fortnght. There are those who have pints before and after which of course pushes the costs up, making the whole day more expensive, but the actual admission price I think is fair given what you pay elsewhere for similar.

And as for the facilities, yes new ones would be nice, but I'd pay £20 to watch my team on a farmers field if I had to.

For me, Latics is just another utility bill and part of the monthly budget.